B-Spot Anouncement!

the B spot

Spex,

That was private info. Now posters may try to figure out the handshake and hurt themselves. You want that on your conscience?

Bspot,

Sorry I didn't chime in earlier. You should know better than to make big announcements on the weekend. Congrats, buddy. Now all we need is for Gorpy to make his announcement for our club to be completeicon_smile.gif

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I think B spot and Bill have illustrated good and fair judgement. I don't see a conflict of interest.

If there was, I'm sure many on here including myself would be sure to remind them of the purpose of the forum

Congrats SPOT

JB

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Well, like I said these hired guns can try all they want to be non biased & I do believe they try, however as I said in my earlier post, it does give the doctor in thier signature a distinct advantage.

I believe if I were a Doctor in the coalition I would half to go & cherry pick one of my patients & hire them as well to "Educate people".

The fairness & balance of this forum are being comprimised IMHO.

There are Fifty One coaltion Doctors, if they were to all hire a third party ouside the clinic, what kind of forum would we have?

Can you see my point?

And I am sure there are some covert posters who have been compensated in one way or another to post.

I am suspicious of the new poster called Udercover.

Keep an eye on his post & you will see what I mean.

folica. I hear you on some of your points you are making. Here is the way I allways have approached internet forums and gathering information. Look at some pics see who is doing what. Get a dialouge going with past patients and if lucky enough e-mails and phone conversations. Just because someone is employed by a doctor or clinic it did not sway me either way. I use my own judgement.

Originally posted by folica:

Well, like I said these hired guns can try all they want to be non biased & I do believe they try, however as I said in my earlier post, it does give the doctor in thier signature a distinct advantage.

I believe if I were a Doctor in the coalition I would half to go & cherry pick one of my patients & hire them as well to "Educate people".

The fairness & balance of this forum are being comprimised IMHO.

There are Fifty One coaltion Doctors, if they were to all hire a third party ouside the clinic, what kind of forum would we have?

Can you see my point?

And I am sure there are some covert posters who have been compensated in one way or another to post.

I am suspicious of the new poster called Udercover.

Keep an eye on his post & you will see what I mean.

Folica,

You have a good point, the forum should be patient based and I believe it still is. Yes, if every doctor had a poster it would be doctor based.

That would still be very educational especially if the posters had some healthy debate between techniques and approaches. We could still make our decisions based on that info.

I would rather see a forum with representation from a few more coalition doctors than a forum dominatd by just a few ie H&W or SMG. The more info the better. Again, give the patient all the info and options and let them decide for themselves.

I do think there may be some covert posters who have not been revealed - come on Gorpy, come out of the closet! icon_wink.gif

Now if the poster "Undercover" is working covert, wouldn't he be better off choosing another alias?? icon_smile.gif I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

NoBuzz

Franklin, I agree with your approach to internet forums.

Suck up the info & make an educated decision.

Thats what you did & I did.

There are young men coming on here who are very impressionable. They don't think for themselves like we do!

Nobuzz, I too would like to see things spread more evenly across the board as far as Doctors posting.

Gorpy a covert poster? Nah.... icon_wink.gif

Gorpy is a Pimp Daddy. He really just hangs in a mexican restaurant everyday doing tequila shots and occasionally going on-line to fight with Jotronic. Besides who did his HT anyway? icon_smile.gif Didn't he go to H&W?

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Really--Keene? Kidding. Folica, didn't you see the sarcasm in my post? It's very apparent who Gorpy went to. Hell if I had a head of hair and hairline like his I would be quite vocal about my doc too. What we don't see in his posts are the "I love Dr. Keene" , "Keene for President", "I'm pretty Keene on my new Hair" t-shirts. He sells them at the mexican bar.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Gorpy is a Pimp Daddy. He really just hangs in a mexican restaurant everyday doing tequila shots and occasionally going on-line to fight with Jotronic.

Life is good! Can you you think of a better job?

No, seriously, I'm going to polish up my resume. I got serious skilz.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>I've recorded over 1000 posts.

<LI>Grace likes my hairline.

<LI>I've been elevated to Pimp status.

<LI>Last but not least - I made Jotronic eat his hat (believe me, that's not easy). *

* Not a real act. Any attempt to portray Joe as eating a hat, implied or otherwise, is unintentional. Likewise, eating hats is not advised by me or any party associated with me. The fact that I look like Johnny Depp is purely coincidental. Do not attempt this at home.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Gorpy,

What you didn't see was that I put some Johnny's seasoning salt on the hat. Not bad.

"The fact that I look like Johnny Depp is purely coincidental."

I would hope you wouldn't actually try to look like him, LOL!

45575595_d5726de2c9.jpg

You KNOW I'm kidding on this oneicon_smile.gif

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Touchy subject guys as a silent member for the last year, and as a active member for about a week the reason I fell in love with this site was the independence in posting, views, and ideas of all members. All the gentlemen that are hired Bill, B-Spot,Spex, Jotronic, we all know from experience that they are all compassionate people that have gone down that dark road we all are trying to avoid and have lived through the bad and horrible times. We know that, we know them, and I truly believe they do with all their might provide non biased views.

But gentlemen where does this stop, like Pat addressed, what happens if the flood gates open and we have a new member that may be honest and provide real decent advice. This soon will become a place where vital opinions, views, beliefs, debates etc.. will be viewed as compremised (at least in my eyes)

Basically what I am trying to say is that its like a family here with people and roles established, before any promotion or job oppertunties and we all looked at these people with a great amount of respect for their knowledge and passion for what we are all going through. I just don't want to see this site go from the people the bank. I mean no disrespect to anyone, trust me if anything I have learned so much from you guys, I just would like to keep this site open minded if you will.

Besides that b-spot congrats you have been a great help even before the promotion as everyone knows. Much respect to all... Keep this thing going.

You only live once...

Commercialization of this site? So what. How much more commercial can you get? Are we all going to get a look at what money and by whom has been paid to this site?

I had this squabble long ago here. We were "kind of" called out for slamming obvious "patients" with "whammo" results. Do drug companies pay money here? Does Bill, being now an employee of "this forum" need to post that he advocates certain drugs and procedures? Just scrap the forum and its repetition and let the doctors pay for links to their sites and Bill to tell everyone to get on a lifetime of Propecia and who to go to.

You make it seem like B spot is suddenly going to make the forum commercialized. B spot, Jotronic at least point everyone in the right direction. What happens when everyone has a rep on here?

I worry more that a "moderator" that is the main source of advice, well it's no longer a forum.

I like Bill well enough, but who the hell is he to advocate drugs without any patient history or exam when he is an employee of this site. It can be argued that this site acts as an "expert" on such matters and should be held liable for such advice is it causes adverse conditions.

I'm don't mean to pick on anyone here but to bring up "concern" after B Spot announcing he is advocating a great surgeon seems odd.

So let's then pick on the site for everything in defense of one of the best posters here. How much does a coalition doctor actually pay to be part of it?

And there should be some better literature here discussing the side-effects as well as the unknown elements of the drugs advocated here.

I love this site but since I first discovered it and now, it has become a total commercial venture. That's fine. Most of us only use commercialized businesses for everything in our lives. And so goes this site.

And another point, before we say that doctors must "prove" they are practicing state of the art procedure to be part of the coalition, well the coalition, is it certified? By whom? What is their qualification?

Just about every poster that has gone through a HT posts their opinions. By forcing the paid ones underground the forum will deteriorate with clandestine posting and selling.

The site is slowly losing ground to other information out there and has become somewhat cultish. Unpopular words. Oh well. Would hate to see a public service site suddenly.....BE IN BUSINESS.

Bezane

You really touched a lot of touchy subjects with that poest.. I must say you do make one think. Im not one who has been here from the beginning, only for a year. I see your point and how you feel, this is a great site and I do believe Pat will try to keep certain "things" to a minimum. I really do respect everyone here for giving advice, not orders, or prescriptions. I ain't slamming you, but if a member paid or not suggests you to take a med its only a suggestion. I believe people here have a mind of their own to make their own decision and not to follow what a name on a blog tells them. I truly don't want to see this site go away from "the people". Coalition Docs still have a business to run and unfortunately marketing is a part of it. This is truly a delicate subject. Im not knocking or slamming anyone I really want to try to keep this site for people like us. All respect....

You only live once...