One year effect of Propecia n Rogaine

Janna

• 2 weeks later...

I believe he said he noticed growth early on like at couple months. Now, he did not get all the growth right away. Each months he saw a little more and it topped off around 10 months. The effect he's getting now is keeping the new growth obtained from the two meds and halting/slowing further loss.

There are number of benefits the two meds have done for this patient because not only does he look like he had approx. 3000 graft session, the meds also stopped further loss allowing him more donor hairs available for a smaller area.

Fantastic

Thanks Janna icon_smile.gif

I have the propecia, and the nizoral .... now I think you sold me on the minox

Its just so pricy in Australia - I am wondering, is it as pricy in all the other countries out there, or is it just because we live out on a little floating raft in the middle of nowhere?

Propecia will cost me about $850 for a years supply, Nizoral is $20 for a teeny weeny little bottle. Rogaine apparently fluctuates in price big time so its worth a shop around. Id say about $1500 a year to keep the hair on my head .... hmmm thats not TOO bad I guess. I guess I know what to tell people to buy me for gifts during birthdays etc icon_smile.gif 'Big tub of Rogaine please'

In the US, Propecia costs around $200 for 3 months supply, so it's pretty close to your price.

Nizoral shampoo and Rogaine shouldn't come close to another $700.00, at least I hope not. It's pretty expensive fighting off the MPB....sorry guys!

Wow I did not realise this

I guess it would be rather close these days, seeing as the A$ is closer to the US$ now. I paid $71 for a month at my local Chemist, but I saw some online stores here in Oz will give it to you at about 65 - which is no big saving, so I wont bother going through the hassle of sending in my prescription, waiting for a while etc. to receive propecia in the post.

Rogaine is about $120 for 3 months supply, on Australian websites, stating a RRP of 150 (but you can get the 3+1 packs easily). So I think I might just shop around.

What I need to do, is fork out the 1500 or so in ONE HIT, buy a years worth, and then I have no choice but to religously fight MPB.

I woke up in the morning, and my hair was shaped in such a way it made me cringe in front of the mirror icon_frown.gif

If this doesnt work, its your fault Janna!

"If this doesnt work, its your fault Janna!" ---Hey now, I said it didn't work on everyone!!! - But, that's okay....you can blame me anyway.

If it's any consolation, I cringe looking in the mirror when I wake too.

Its way cheaper in the UK

Proscar ??120 for 15 month supply

minox foam ??10 per can about 1 month

minox liquid ??6 per month

Can you not buy it online from the UK or do your customs not allow it as they are pretty strict.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

is it assumed that patients with these results from meds will lose all of the hair gained after a certain time period? One of the docs posted stating that from his experience dht blockers begin to lose their effectiveness after ten years. Then the patient begins to slowly start losing the hair that was previously halted from loss by the use of meds.

Absolutely fantastic results, but Im just curious on any input on this issue.

I heard about the 10 year half-life on propecia, but I was always under the assumption that rogaine worked indefinitely...hmmm...

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

from my understanding all DHT blockers are AT BEST a method of slowing down the eventual bald pattern; but the ultimate balding pattern the individual is predispositioned for will eventually come into fruition. Rogaine is a much less effective combatant to DHT than internal medications; right?

that has always been my understanding anyway.

I read this forum for say a week, and I am happy to say I have taken the advice, and started using the so called 'big 3' for treatment.

I bought Propecia, Nizoral .... and today, the 3+1 Bonus pack of Rogaine (called Regaine in Australia)

Rogaine wasnt half as bad as I thought. Its simple, 1ml is nothing, it doesnt seem greasy or smell funny or anything. The main thing is, I hope IT WORKS.

I used this thread as my main inspiration.

Hopefully, we can hold of the balding untill I get married - that way, I have the woman firmly in my grasp, let go of the drugs, and then will get laser removal done on my head to get rid of EVERYTHING FOREVER - and I will never have the issue of sitting there worrying 'hmm will I be able to keep this hair??' hahaha

Society is a b*tch sometimes - look at how it has me obsessing over a few strands of dead cells on my head icon_frown.gif

Janna I will still hold you responsible for whatever the outcome haha

Statman,

You're on both meds? And do you have pics from before meds and current pics? Sometimes the effects are very subtle and may only slow the progression. If really nothing, then yeah, that sucks.

HT55,

Our patient uses the foam version. The studies done by Dr. Collins are all very recent (within 1 1/2yr). I'm pretty sure he said his patients all used Rogaine Foam with Propecia.

Your results are worthy of posting to show it's effect from the two meds. Let me know if you'd like the side by side shots put together or I can post the pics if you like with your face blocked.

I won't know until I see the photos. I'll try to get similar angle shots and also see which ones have the best quality.

I can email you the pics Matt took if I don't use them.

Thanks for allowing your pics to be posted.

• 2 weeks later...

AZ99,

The rogaine can be applied all over, not just for crown. Keep in mind that if you do see regrowth, you will be committed to use the two products for as long as you want to keep those new hairs. Best wishes!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on finasteride and minox since aug 2006. it has strenthened my hair and looks significant but i still need a hair transplant / new miracle drug to fill in some gaps.

pricewise you can purchase generics of these medicines.

finasteride thru drugstore.com costs $225 for 100 pills which you can breack into 4 giving 1.25mg and if you have a wholesale place like bjs,samsclub or costco you can get kirkland 5%minox for 4 moths supply at $20.

you need a prescirption for drugstore.com, dr bernstein introduced me to the finasteride.

Im on the 5% foam rogaine as everyone said it was less irritant than the solution. it is!!!!! i love it, i used to want to pull my hair out with solution but the foam gives a normal must scratch every now and then feel. $50 4 month supply samsclub

im awaiting on neosh(pray)/ or winning the lottery to afford a hair transplant.

1.25mg finasteride

drugstore.com 100 pills $225

quarter them

5% rogaine foam

samsclub $50 4 month supply

vanity my downfall

HT55,

Thanks for the update and I'm happy the meds are having positive effect all over your scalp. Keep it up.

Naruto,

Many patients have stated they like the foam better as it's less irritating to those with more sensitive skin. I get more far more postive feedback from those using both meds than people saying there's no effect what so ever. I hope the meds continue to have positive effect on you and best of luck with your financial situation to meet your hair restoration goal. Best wishes!!

just to add in my 19 year old opinion, i just switched from Rogaine liquid to the foam about a week ago, and holy shit. don't bother buying the liquid the foam kicks ass. it dries in like 2 minutes compared to the 2 hours for the liquid. definitely less itchy, just i don't see the problem in using the foam, its almost fun knowing you might be doing something productive for your hair lol, and the foam is almost kind of a moose/styling product. i really like it honestly. any young guys just starting to lose your hair get on propecia and rogaine you won't regret most likely

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Jupiter

Your opinions matter just as much as anyone else's and are most welcome. Try to keep a detailed log of your hair loss status using the meds if you can. You are on the right path to try the meds first at such a young age. I recall you having concerns with the outcome of a ht surgery and worrying about naturalness. With luck and due dilligence of taking meds, you will restore enough hairs to your crown to hold off ht surgery for as long as possible.

Warm regards.