Dr. Cooley and HT

Hey Guys,

I'm 22 years old and I've been losing my hair since High School. I'm seriously considering HT, and I've heard a lot of really good things about Dr. Cooley. One thing I was wondering was that I know I'm going to be completely bald one day becasue all the males in my family are both paternal and maternal; dad, uncles and grandpas included. But I'm not completely bald yet.

Does anyone have any advice about that or even Dr. Cooley in general?

Hey Guys,

I'm 22 years old and I've been losing my hair since High School. I'm seriously considering HT, and I've heard a lot of really good things about Dr. Cooley. One thing I was wondering was that I know I'm going to be completely bald one day becasue all the males in my family are both paternal and maternal; dad, uncles and grandpas included. But I'm not completely bald yet.

Originally posted by AnArabiaNight:

Hey Guys,

Tell your doctor what the future holds in the cards for your hair, and if you decide to go for it, plan with that in mind. Don't waste 60% of your hair on the hairline so you look good today, think of 5-30 years from now. From what I have heard he is a great doctor.

Arabian, you should check with your Dermatoligist about propecia to slow or stop your loss. Keep in mind if you start it you will need to stay on it. I really wish I would have started with it early myself. It is your best bet and I would try this first before diving into a HT at such a young age. Good Luck.

NoBuzz

Arabia,

I cannot comment on your age or the impact of your family history. However, I went to Dr Cooley in January of this year and I very satisfied with his work. He and his staff (especially Ailene) are top notch and very professional. I suggest you contact him regarding your age and family concerns.

Regards,

Mike

3,200 on 1/4/06 Dr. Cooley

As has been mentioned above, you should really consider getting on propecia and starting a good scalp and hair care regimen as soon as possible. Dr. Cooley is excellent, many on this site have done great with him.

You're pretty young...................I second the advice to plan like you're going to end up at NW 6 or more. I'm sure Dr. Cooley will tell you this if you consult with him.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I guess I should've mentioned that I've been taking Propecia for about 3 years now and I think my heredity is just too strong for the stuff. I also tried Nioxin for a little while but gave up on it becuase I saw no results. I believe that the propecia is slowing it down, but its definitely not stopping it icon_frown.gif It's so disheartening to be 22 and balding; Everyone thinks I'm 29-30.

Your youth unfortunately is working against you in the HT department too.

A doctor (a good one anyway) is going to want to be conservative with your limited amount of donor hair. Without reviewing earlier messages ...as I should... you should add in Rogaine foam along with Propecia. There is reason to believe they ar ecomplimentary.

mark h