3280 grafts with Dr. Feller.

Orion

Orion,

Your two month pics look normal...just wanted to assure you on that though it didn't seem like you need reassurance. It's amazing how messy 2 months can be sometimes, even compared to pre-op. I know the first two surgeries I found myself discouraged because my hair looked much worse than before my procedure. Thankfully I know better now and know to expect that this is normal. You should hopefully start to see some activity within a month or two, depending if you are an early or late bloomer. Keep us posted my friend.

Bill

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the response Bill..yeah I'm by no means freaking out I've done enough research and have read/seen enough blogs to know this is part of the deal. I'm very excited and interested at the same time to see how this is all going to turn out. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I get a good yield out of this. From this point on I will be posting updates every month. Peace Bro icon_smile.gif

Orion, you look absolutely on par there at 2 months. You are right in the middle of the waiting game. I only really just started to grow at 4 months so be patient and take comfort in the fact you went to one of the best guys performing HT'S today. With 3200 grafts you are going to see somewhat of a dramatic dirrference!........Over time!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys just updated my weblog to reflect my 3 month post op progress. Not much has been going on except I'm just beginning to see some signs of growth. Pretty cool icon_wink.gif Would also say I'm probably back to where I was pre-op which is a good thing. Just got in from an actual hair cut so figured it was a good time to update my log! icon_smile.gif

Anyway just popping in to keep my progress updated and to share my experience with all of you. I'm looking forward for the next couple of months. Hopefully things will start to get interesting pretty soon. Cheers everyone!

Looks good Orion. You're at a good point right now, because it'll start to take off.

Happy growing.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Good luck with your growth, Orion. Unfortunately, these are the most anxiety-producing days in the process. Hang in there. The fun begins shortly.

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys updated my blog to reflect my 4 month progress. Things are really starting to take off it seems. I've been seeing some good activity for the last 2 weeks. I'm not sure if its because of the Rogaine I started using but hey I'm not complaining. I notice that my right side in the hairline area is growing a lot quicker than my left. I know this is normal for some people and I'm sure it will eventually even out. My hairline is starting to look a little thicker as well. I was worried that I might have been a late bloomer but I dont think thats the case here. icon_razz.gif Thanks for looking I'm really looking forward to the upcoming months.

Orion,

You've gotten a great start, my friend. Thanks for posting the updates. I thin your results will look very nice when everything comes in.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 4 weeks later...

Month 5 pics posted on my blog. Not as much activity to report. At least nothing significant. It also doesnt help when your looking in the mirror everyday either icon_wink.gif Anyway from the pics it looks like the top continues to improve. Slowly however. The one thing I keep noticing is the right side of my scalp is progressing much faster than the left. Not only at the hairline but on the whole frontal third. Pretty weird. Hope it evens out eventually and/or im hoping hairs were placed in the left side! lol...Im starting to get a bit stressed out but I guess thats normal. Hairline hasn't improved at all compared to month 4. It just seems like I had a nice pop between months 3 and 4 and not much has happened since. Im gonna keep truckin along with the patience game. Thanks for looking!

Orion, I just took a look at your photos and compared to some others (I'm no expert) it looks like your a slow grower. Or maybe it's the flash on the camera or something.

Have you taken anything to speed up you growth? MSM? Vitamins? Slowed down on the alcohol icon_frown.gif I drink like a fish, so I'm just trying to find out if that's a factor.

well i only drink on weekends..but i haven't been taking vitamins lately. Maybe I should. I was taking MSM in the beginning but stopped. Guess Ill get back on that too. I dont mind that im a slow grower i just hope that evetually it will thicken up. MY worst fear is having a failed transplant. However im only at 5 months which is way to early. If im still at the same spot by month 10 then I'll start stessing!!

Slow grower or not, I'm beginning to see the contours of a nice hairline. Hang in there, buddy, it's gonna thicken up!

My blog.

HT1: 4063 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 12/9/03

HT2: 3537 grafts by Dr. Hasson, 5/15/06

Total grafts: 7,600