Anyone ever get paranoid about.....

I'm sure a lot of you have, but has anyone ever gotten paranoid about what your co-workers, friends, and other people who see you day to day would think after you got your hair transplant. I'm guessing the desire to have your hair helps you overcome this feeling.

Typpically patients do not show themselves at work the day after their treatment.

From my experience most patients are trying to cover up and hide any proof of a procedure.

However I always tell them that people will notice sooner or later that more hairs are growing. Many of your college or friends will be kind enough not to mention anything, but trust me they will know.

And what is so terrible about having back the hairline you once had anyway ?

I had 1 friend who teased me about my HT. Many years have passed, his hairline disappeared, and now he got his own 2000 grafts done not to long ago.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Way2Go, In a small number of cases where a person is a bad n5 or 6 and moves away for a few years then returns to see his old friends does it ever get noticed--maybe. The enviornment isn't interested in you or I--guaranteed! I recently went to a meeting, even after wearing a hat around for a few months after my surgery, walked in sat down and guess what? The people there were interested in one thing: What they had to say. From time to time you might get a "You're hair looks good", but even when I look at my hair I can't compare unless I see before and after photos.

this is an interesting post and I have wondered about this too. I have heard many of you post-plant guys say that you get comments from others like "have you lost weight?" or "you look different, new hair cut?"...Now, if you were a diffused thinner and did not have a drastic change in appearance (i.e. lower hair line or major thickening) then I could see this.

BUT

if your dropping your hair line considerably or filling in an area that was previously REALLY thin, then I find that pretty hard to believe.

Personally, if someone asked me (after I get a ht) how I have new hair; Im not sure what I would say. I guess it depends on whose asking, but I can't imagine that many people really asking anyone that. It would just be kind of strange if the people that saw you everyday at starbucks or wherever, were all staring at you because they noticed how much more hair you have...

..."even when I look at mhy hair I can't compare unless I see before and after photos".

-its752

this is so funny because EVERYONE always says this. That just seems unimaginable to me that you can't tell how much more hair you have. On the one hand, that sounds pretty $hitty: you were obsessed enough about it to worry, pay the cash, go through the procedure and the down time and now you can't even tell the difference?

on the other hand it makes perfect sense. You see yourself in the mirror every day and the change is so slow and gradual that you don't really notice. Just like if your losing weight or gaining muscle or something...

For me

Nobody suspected a HT rather just liked my new hair style

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

The answer depends on whether you are talking about immediately after the hair transplant procedure or after it matures.

Because I shaved my head post-hair transplant for the first few months, people could evidently see my scar and some asked about it. I am sure people noticed the redness on my scalp, but they didn't say anything.

Nobody at work commented on my new hair after it matured, mostly because it's so gradual.

A few people in life though did notice that my hair was thicker, most of which I just told that Propecia works wonders :P.

Only a select few know about my hair transplants and since I wore a hat socially for so long, those I did tell couldn't believe when I showed them pictures of my BEFORE pictures. I had comments such as "wow, I didn't know that your baldness got that bad" followed by a "your hair looks great!"

Bill

For mine I did both HT's before thanksgiving and took some time off to go deer hunting so i was away from work for about 10-14 days and when i returned to work my recipient area was already healing well,That and the fact i can wear a hat at work provided no issues for me.

I have often wondered about the people who cant wear a hat,what they have actually done for some kind of concealment.

Dr Hasson 2-08

When I went under the knife for my first HT, I was completely upfront about it with my friends and colleagues. When I got back to work, I was glad to show off my scar in the back and answered any questions. There weren't that many questions, at the time. (I suspect people were reserving judgement until they saw how well it came out; now I get questions all the time from other "follically challenged" fellows.)

I didn't receive a single negative remark or even a joke about it.

My feeling was "in for a penny, in for a pound." I wasn't going to worry about public opinion or acceptance. And it paid off. If anything, I received support and encouragement. And when I went in for HT # 2 and # 3, I didn't have to worry about having to explain those, either.

That is great HA

The problem for me was I always used concealer so to come out with my surgery would baffle everyone I guess it is like digging yourself into a hole. Once in it , you cant get out.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

ng2gb said

Personally, if someone asked me (after I get a ht) how I have new hair; Im not sure what I would say.

I think you told me in PM you were a diffused thinner,thus the perfect person to say you were trying meds{propecia-avacor etc.}Everybody see's this stuff on T.V. and would readily believe it anyway.Remember like i told my sister when she asked,nobody would probably ask beyond that. icon_biggrin.gif

Dr Hasson 2-08

The "general pop" is so ignorant about this stuff you can safely attribute any miraculous, newfound follicles to some snake oil and it would be bought; chalking it up to propecia or rogaine and it is a cinch, imo. No way some random would say: "Hmm, I must say that is bullshit; there is no way that the efficacy of rogaine -- even the 5% foam when combined with finasteride -- could give you such robust regrowth in your horribly vacant frontal 1/3rd".

Some things (intelligent) people have said to me about hairloss off the top of my head:

"Why don't you buy some rogaine so you can have hair again"

"I saw this amazing infomericial last night about this (topical) hair product that can make your hair super thick again, you really gotta try it"

"Wow, the hair transplant is over with; come over to my place so I can see your new mane"

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!