4396 Grafts w/ Dr. True

Glock08

Well, finally took the step on Sept 20th. 4396 grafts (all ones and two's--I lost the paper w/ the exact hair count--somwhere around 6500 hairs). Felt better the day after the surgery than I did yesterday-more discomfort than actual pain.

Some slight swelling along the right temple area...but looking at the other posts..this is sometimes common w/larger sessions.

If it gets any worse...I been practing the line from The Elephant Man (1980)

"I am not an animal! I am a human being! I...am...a man!"

Ah Vanity!

Here's the weblog.

My Web Log

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Well, finally took the step on Sept 20th. 4396 grafts (all ones and two's--I lost the paper w/ the exact hair count--somwhere around 6500 hairs). Felt better the day after the surgery than I did yesterday-more discomfort than actual pain.

Some slight swelling along the right temple area...but looking at the other posts..this is sometimes common w/larger sessions.

Ah Vanity!

Here's the weblog.

My Web Log

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Originally posted by Glock08:

Ah Vanity!

Here's the weblog.

My Web Log

Hi Glock08,

4396 grafts will make a noticeable difference you should be a sporting a new you in a few months. Just a couple of questions, you said you got just 1's and 2's and only 6500 hairs from 4396 grafts, does this mean you had your grafts split?

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Jake:

I believe some were split for the hairline--I think. I vaguely remember the Dr. telling me how many grafts and that and there were no 3's or 4's. Is that possible that you can not have any 3 or 4 groupings?

I had a paper with the exact breakdown of 1's and 2's but ulitmately I had about 6500 hairs total moved.

I will find out at my suture removal date.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Hi Glock08,

Congrats on taking the plunge. Not having to contend with the hair systems has to be sheer joy.

You inject a nice sense of humor in your hair loss blog, I enjoyed reading it.

I also appreciate the fact that you included the technicians when you wrote about your overall experience as I think the techs/assistants' care can make a difference. Of course it comes from the top, if you feel comfortable with the doctor, then it's reasonable to expect the staff to provide the same quality of care.

From your pre-op picture, it looked like you had fairly big open area to work with. From your immediate post-op pic, it shows you got coverage just about everywhere, thus needing as many grafts as possible spread out rather than concentrating on frontal half or two thirds for density. This is merely a preference by the doctor and patient rather than a right or wrong way of approaching hair restoration. Thanks for providing the graft and hair count, it will give us a better understanding of what to expect when your hairs start growing in. Do you by chance have the dimensions of your donor strip?

Hey Glock, I was 5 days ahead of you with about the same number of grafts, and my baldness only a little less than yours.

That is one buttload of hair you're going to be sporting. I'm very happy with mine so far. At first it looked odd, but frankly I feel that I look better with the HT stubble than I did before, or at least no worse.

I'm going to look into a #3 buzz to even out the sides and back, although the scar will be an issue, so I'll be getting the docs advice on tht one.

I'm getting my sutures removed in about a week.

Good luck on yours too, it looks GREAT!

mark h.

Originally posted by Janna:

From your pre-op picture, it looked like you had fairly big open area to work with.QUOTE]

Thanks Janna:

That had to be the nicest way anyone ever told me...gee, your really bald! icon_smile.gifOnly kidding--appreciate the reply. I do not have the measurements but will make a note of getting them. I do have pics prior to removal and to me it looks a little like the grand canyon.

I found the graft count notes- 4326 (have to revise the web log-thought it was 4396-damn, those 70 would of made the difference!)

2129-1's

2168-2's

6545 Total-I know the math doesn't add up but that's what I have written down.

Mark H, I plan on buzzing down too when I have the sutures removed on 10-4 so it can grown in together. (Hopefully I can ditch the hat by then)

Thanks everyone for the kind words and happy growing to all.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

"That had to be the nicest way anyone ever told me...gee, your really bald! Only kidding--appreciate the reply. I do not have the measurements but will make a note of getting them. I do have pics prior to removal and to me it looks a little like the grand canyon".

Ha, ha, ha. I knew i liked your sense of humor. I wasn't very delicate, was I? Sorry about that. Whenever you get the dimensions is fine, no hurry. It's nice to get all the pertinent data to follow your progress better.

Best of luck to you. You have a lot of support here.

I flew out to get mine done about a month ago, and I still have really itchy, flaky, scabby skin. I went to my dermatologist, and he said it was normal, but the pain is getting very bad, and I am afraid some are becoming infected. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thank you,

CG

• Administrators

Glock,

I enjoyed reading your blog. I like your sense of humor, which no doubt has helped you cope with your hair loss.

We have much in common, including the high school photo with too much hair in the eyes progressing to the hair system and then HTs. The big difference is that when I did it my biggest "mega session" was 1,450. So it's impressive to see you getting over 4,000 grafts in one session (P.S. When you get your hair counts by type of graft it would be great if you could add them to your blog). I'd like to know if in fact their were really no 3 or 4 hair grafts?

We all look forward to seeing your hair grow in. Congratulations on joining the real "Hair Club" and best wishes for great growth, Pat

P.S. You won't be missing that system.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

Corky,

Have you tried using Nizoral shampoo to reduce scalp inflamation? What has your derm recommneded you use?

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hats...must have missed you...I was there early the next day. We brought a bunch of danish and muffins for the staff (for putting up with me all day)..Did they offer you any?

BTW..I skipped on the salad and went w/the Italian grinder (or hero in NYC jargon).

It seems like you didn't have to wait that long to have your sutures removed.

I have to wait until October 4th..in Boston.

Pat, I will get the details on the 3's and 4's and the strip size as well. Thanks for the kind words on the web log. Can't wait to post some "hairy" pictures.

Glock08

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Congrats Glock, thanks for your story and pics, always like to see nw6's getting full coverage.

Love the 1979 pic, i too used to moan about how much hair i used to have.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Good growth

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hats:

Red Sox??? I don't know which has dissapointed me more---them or my hair loss! May have actually caused it. And if the Pats don't look start look any better than last week--ugh!!

That was me, it's alot of info to consume-spritz, pat, blot, ointment. Glad my wife was there because I forgot most of it the minute I walked out the door.

Did you have a hard time with the scar ointment? I feel like a 1 year old with a chocolate bar--I get it everywhere other than the intended target. Then it mats the hair out--especially since I have to wear a hat for most of the day.

Did your scabbing subside yet? I am on day 7 today and still use the sponge (in circular montions)for my scalp and grafcyte/1- hour. I'm scared to death to see a graft go down the drain. Probably over paranoid--but caustiously approaching Day 8.

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

Congratulations Glock. That's gonna look fantastic.

What's your plan of attack. Are you planning on only 1 procedure? IMO it's probably enough for a nice coverage.

How's your donor area, is there room for more?

What was the density in the hairline , was it more than the crown?

Good luck with it. I'm sure you'll be a happy guy in 6-8 months. Be patient though, the first 3 months drag on forever.

Congrats Glock08! I enjoyed reading your weblog and wish you all the best. Looking forward to checking back and seeing the progress as the months pass. I'm sure you will have great results.

Not to change the subject but I saw that you were a Redsox fan. As a Mets fan I was hoping for the Amazins to battle the Sox in the Series whilst celebrating the anniversary of their original encounter in the WS 20 years ago.

Thanks Brian:

I've been living in the shade, with the hairpeice, for 18 years. I don't know what is going to bounce back, although probably not much on the top. The perimeter used to be shaved down for the polyfuse...that area started to bounce back a bit.

I'll see where I stand with the HT and Propecia after a year. It looks like people w/ my baldness need about 7-8k grafts for a fuller look.

Brucewayne,

Thanks for the kind words---Mets??? Oh yeah..I forget there is another team in NY. icon_smile.gif

My Hair Loss Weblog

Dr. True 9/22/06

4326 grafts

2129 1's

2168 2's

6545 Total Hairs

The ointment had someone nursing me back to health so I milked it for all it was worth ..Luc=nch ..Dinner .. Backrub ... Ointment .. Hey wait that don't sound right ... Yeah I got the matty sticky head to Used a Q tip if that helps at all ..My scabbing was gone quickly think third day maybe I should have wrote it down .. Then again maybe I should have stopped the vicodin ..Everyone worries about the hairwashing ..( am i right )... Also I think we all become addicted to the dreaded mirrior ... Hey I'm a sox fan .. actually a Bill Buckner Fan ..Go METS ...

Originally posted by Glock08:

Hats:

Red Sox??? I don't know which has dissapointed me more---them or my hair loss! May have actually caused it. And if the Pats don't look start look any better than last week--ugh!!

That was me, it's alot of info to consume-spritz, pat, blot, ointment. Glad my wife was there because I forgot most of it the minute I walked out the door.

Did you have a hard time with the scar ointment? I feel like a 1 year old with a chocolate bar--I get it everywhere other than the intended target. Then it mats the hair out--especially since I have to wear a hat for most of the day.

Did your scabbing subside yet? I am on day 7 today and still use the sponge (in circular montions)for my scalp and grafcyte/1- hour. I'm scared to death to see a graft go down the drain. Probably over paranoid--but caustiously approaching Day 8.