DHI - Ireland

The hair you shed is most likely shock loss that can occur in the first 2/3 months after HT but the good news is it grows back but takes maybe 3/6 months.I had the same thing and it grew back in time as the follicles are still healthy.If the hair that shed was weak and miniturized then it maybe wont grow as well.SPEX had a bad case of this that is posted on here or another forum and he had a large bald area on the side of his head size of an apple but it grew back comlpetely.It usually happens when a blood vessel is damaged and has to repair itself.So just bide your time and it will improve.If you get another HT in future dont use anyone in Ireland or U.K,its not our strong point!!.simply Gotta travel!!.I will for my next one.

HT 2006/7

Through researching the internet many people will go where the best doctors are regardless of distance. Some of 5 minites away others are on the other side of the world.

Most repairs patients that I have met that come to H&W, 95% those who chose a doctor that lived in there area. They have convinced themselves that the doctor in there area was capable of performing an good transplant. If you live in an area where there is not a good doctor just because you do not want to travel at the end you will end up travelling anyways.

I always say there is nothing wrong with going bald its natural, but having a bad transplant is not.

good luck to you.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Hi hellomoto, welcome to the forum, first of all there is no point in telling you where you should have gone for your HT,

hope fully the lose you have is only normal shockloss and will grow back, if you have pictures you will get some good advice here, how many grafts did you get?

hang in there, it might be ok and if not too much of your doner area was used a repair if needed is your next project.

good luck

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

I am thinking seriously of using DHI. I went to the Beacon Clinic in Dublin the other week and met with the DHI doctor. I think he was from greece but I was quite impressed with him. He said i needed to procedures (done in the same) day at a cost of 6k in Dublin and 5k in Athens. He seemed to be pushing the Athens route. Im still not 100% sure if im going to do this and some of the mails here are worrying.

I met with that Dr Kiely before and was totally unimpressed. On consulting a hair professional subsequently he told me some horror stories about his work so my advice would be to avoid him.

DHI seems to be the best but i think i need a bit more reassurance!!!

radioh,You are right to be worried about the negative reports you have heard about DHI and the fact that you still think they are best for you compared to Kiely (who has poor reports also) tells me you simply have not done enough research about FUE and are rushing to the first glitzy chain clinic which spouts aload of PR rubbish and has dubious before /after photos.They tried posting some results on here a while back but the photos were not consistant and when they were called out the poster dissappeared!!.I had a few procedures with them in Greece and they left me needing more work and I found the doctors unproffessional.Also they dont really care about your future and devise no plan for you in relation to future hairloss,no mention of meds etc.So save yourself any pain and the need for corrective work and do some consulkt with Dr Bisanga (BHR) or Dr feriduni, both in Belgium.Do some searches on them and you will only see happy customers.Some clinics just want your money and then they will purposely leave gaps in your hair so thay can get u in the chair again and get more money off you.Be wary of smooth sales patter.Also I would stay away from Kiely!!! from what I have heard.

HT 2006/7

Originally posted by radioh:

Hi guys,

I am thinking seriously of using DHI. I went to the Beacon Clinic in Dublin the other week and met with the DHI doctor. I think he was from greece but I was quite impressed with him. He said i needed to procedures (done in the same) day at a cost of 6k in Dublin and 5k in Athens. He seemed to be pushing the Athens route. Im still not 100% sure if im going to do this and some of the mails here are worrying.

I met with that Dr Kiely before and was totally unimpressed. On consulting a hair professional subsequently he told me some horror stories about his work so my advice would be to avoid him.

Open your eyes and run for the hills! DHI are clearly robbing butchers.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Originally posted by radioh:

Hi guys,

Radioh, I'm from Ireland, 28 years old and have been researching hair transplants for around 6 years .I still have not decided on what to do. I have a good idea of the doctors that I would use, but I'm still not sure that a transplant is for me.

Anyway what I am saying is please research for at least 1 year, reading all the online forums before even thinking about the pulling the trigger. There are a lot of butchers still out there, even one of the more illustrious names have fallen from grace in a big way recently.

When I was younger and had no internet in my home to allow research, I travelled down to Cork to meet Dr. Kiely. I was so naive at the time, that after meeting him I considered allowing him to place 1000 grafts just behind may hairline. For some reason, I just got a bad feeling, I decided to bide my time and found out later about the terrible reputation he has.

I still thank God today that I didn't let him near me.

Please remember this: There are NO doctors in Ireland (and none in the UK) that you should allow perform a transplant on you. NONE. You will need to travel, probably to the US or Canada. You need to research and travel.

In your research on online forums bear in mind every poster could have an agenda so keep your eyes open. Just look in this thread for example, new posters joining and posting to defend a clinic (I realise the irony, this is my first post too, but was is my agenda? icon_smile.gif ) You will see it written over and over, pictures can be deceptive - learn to distinguish between a honest photo and a deceptive photo, better still meet actual patients.

Finally you mention prices in your post, do not let the cost of a procedure be a deciding factor. You should find the best surgeon and then save the money required to get a procedure with him.

In all my years reading forums, I have posted only once or twice but I just had to join here and hopefully stop you from making a terrible rushed decision

There are NO doctors in Ireland (and none in the UK) that you should allow perform a transplant on you. NONE

Tundra,

I think we all know that there are a good number of first-rate doctors in the USA and Canada however, being new to this forum, I'd like to know why you feel there are no quality physicians in the UK when there is plenty of evidence on this community that Coalition members Dr. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo do first-rate work?

The believe that there are no quality physicians in the UK has been disproven based on all the recent evidence like patient posted results, Pat's visitation and observations of the Farjos in live surgery, and the clinic's diligent presentation of impressive photos on this forum however, a select few seem to hold onto this false dogma with their lives.

I encourage you to look through the evidence on this forum that disproves there are no quality physicians in the UK. Additionally, there are several leading clinics in Europe and Asia doing top notch work including but not limited to Dr. Devroye, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Kulahci, Dr. Pathomvanich, and Dr. Mohmand.

Best Regards,

Bill

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by Steve H:

I must say as a medical doctor and client of DHI, that my experience with DHI was superb. Before approaching DHI, I had a strip procedure with another Group which proved to be an absolute nightmare. It left me with a horrible scar on the back of my head and results which looked unnatural. Having learned the hard way, I did a fortune of research which led me to DHI. This proved to be the best decision I have ever made about my hair loss! The staff were friendly and professional and the results look fantastic! As a doctor, I have referred others to DHI and all have been extremely happy.

Steve H is presumably this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-qOHa75nMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNjmymyFtHA

I wonder a bit about someone who posts on a forum without declaring that they've been a poster boy for DHI...

• 3 months later...

Just wondering has anybody has had any positive experiences of DHI Dublin?

I have had 2 procedures with them now.

I had 700 FUE done a year and a half ago and the experience ws not good. Firstly they made a mess of my head in shaving off my hair. The Doctor was awful. She took all the hairs from a very small transplant area. It took about 5 weeks for it to look anywhere near normal. Results were just ok. I didn't help matters by playing football a week after the op. Must have lost at least a third of the grafts that night (not clever I know).

Anyhow, I went back to give it another bash in June and had 2000 done at virtually the same price I'd paid for the 700 a year before (Buyers market apparently)

Since then all hair has fallen out including most of the other hairs that were in the area. All a bit concerning. Has anybody experienced positive results from a 2000 FUE with them?

In fairness to DHI the setup in Beacon is much better than it was the first time I'd the op in Ailsbury

Positives

Their new set up in the Beacon was infinitely more professional.

The staff were friendly - got me lunch and made a better effort on the pre procedure haircut

Surgeon was noticeably better than the first op

Hairs were taken much more evenly from the donor site and it healed much faster than before

Negatives

Results are not looking good (at the moment)although its only been 3 months

All staff are foreign and their conversation during the procedure can be disconcerting/ abrasive

Sales staff are persistent to the point of pushy

They haven't shown any interest in finding out how things have been post op

No matter what they tell you ??“ you'll need at least a week off work prob 2 ??“ unless you wear a hat to work

FC,

I'm a 32 year old Irish guy. I had three strip procedures with Hair Ireland in Rathmines (Dublin)about 7 years ago and a 1,500 hairs FUE last June with Cosmetic Medical Plus (which now operate out of the Ailsbury Clinic in Dublin). Last week I flew over to NY to have 2,700 grafts inserted by Dr True. So, as far as Irish guys go...I've been around the block.

There is no decent physician in Ireland. I say that period.

I received terrible advice and results from Hair Ireland and almost ended up in litigation with them. I could not fairly recommend them to anyone. Stay clear!!

The Ailsbury Clinic, which is the (not a...the) leading private clinic in Ireland dis-associated themselves with DHI earlier this year because, as I understand it, they were not happy with their practices. So unhappy in fact that the matter ended up on the court list!!! And I'm not surprised! I, a Norwood 5, was told by a DHI doctor at a consultation last April that 3,000 hairs (not grafts - there is a big difference) would give me a good hairline and a light coverage on the crown. He also told me that there would be no signs of the surgery at all 3 to 4 days afterwards. I ran a mile!!!

Cosmetic Medical Group now operate in Ailsbuty and have actually retained one or two of the good DHI doctors. Their service seems ok. But I would not be inclined to go back having spend hours and days researching matters since June last.

If you want a good result, you'll have to travel and pay for it (DHI will do 3,000 hairs - circa 1,700 grafts -for ?‚¬2,000). While I have not had time to witness the results from Dr True, I could not recommend him and his business partner Dr Dorin any higher! They were fantastic and in a differnt league to the others in Ireland.

My advice, research the doctors in UK, Canada and U.S. And if you are serious about achieving real results....follow the post op instructions....

All the best with your endeavours.