DHI - Ireland

Hi, i'm new to this forum and it's actually the first time i've spoken to anyone about hair transplants....

my current situation is: i'm 17 years old but i've been losing hair since late 15/early 16, very early i know! At the moment my hair is very thick and curly on the sides but getting quite thin on the top/crown area.

i've heard about DHI hair restoration that's available in Dublin. Some of the results on the website are fantastic, but i know that websites CAN be misleading.

i'm just wondering, does anybody know anything about DHI hair restoration? good reviews? bad reviews?

i do plan to go for a consultation but i came here because i think some neutral views would be very helpful too.

thanks!

I'd posit 3 things:

One, DHI has very poor patient feedback (I know of but a couple satisfactor cases, and even then there were serious ?s).

Two, I would be shocked if any half-way good clinic was willing to operate on you at 17, and I'd still be quite surprised even if most poor clinics would work on you.

Three, look into getting on rogaine foam 5%, nizoral 2% shampoo, and inquire about finasteride. Doing this is essential to try to stabalize your loss, and it will also accelerate the time it takes for you to be a viable candidate for a HT.

Also, post some pics if you can.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

ah thank you for the advice... even if it isn't great news!

i was wondering if age would be a barrier alright... though i always thought that because i am very physically mature for my age and i my hair loss started about a 1 1/2 - 2 years ago which might increase my chances of being able to get it done.

but i will definately take advice from both of you and look into any other ways that i can accelerate the process of becoming a viable candidate.

as for DHI, chucky i see you got a HT with DHI? how was your expereince with them? sorry to see you did not get the results you hoped for, and must say i'm surprised! one thing that attracted me to them in the first place was where they said "100% guaranteed hair loss treatment"...

Emanruse you ask strange questions and contradict yourself so imo you may not be who you claim to be.If i`m wrong i apologise now but i will not be replying to this post anymore.

Quote by you on 1st post

Some of the results on the website are fantastic, but i know that websites CAN be misleading.

Quote by you

sorry to see you did not get the results you hoped for, and must say i'm surprised! one thing that attracted me to them in the first place was where they said "100% guaranteed hair loss treatment"...

To me this post stinks and thats my honest opinion.

If you are true,just search on here and you will see there is only Petresman who is quite happy with them.

In my opinion they are crap.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

ok....not sure about the hostility there chucky, i'd say take a chill pill man! I am most definately 'who i claim to be'. And in fact my 'contradictions' were merely pointing out the contradictions on the DHI website, a case of seemingly false advertising (as nobody seems to be very hsppy with them at all!) The fact is i came here for advice as i don't know anything about HTs. Given my situation I've only recently been looking into it and haven't really talked to anybody about it as of yet. So apologies for the post 'stinking' through my ignorance!

To be honest we don't really have much to offer in terms of HTs in Ireland, and very little outlets to find out about it. DHI were one of maybe three HT clinics i could find, the other two (Dr. Kiely and.... i can't remember the other persons name) not receiving great reviews themselves! But thanks to everyone for the advice, I'll definately take note of your warning about DHI. Probabaly have to look abroad...

Peace and love icon_biggrin.gif

HI emanruse,

I'm not concerned as to your identity, the advice is the same.

There is no clinic in Ireland that will give you a first class HT. research some more before making any decisions. As has been pointed out in the posts so far you are far too young to even be thinking of a HT and if someonr tells you they will give you a ht it should be a red flag to stay away from them.

post some pictures and get some good advice from the members here. PM me if i can help in any way.

regards

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

chucky,

I appreciate you looking out, as there are certainly some times where there are reasons to be skeptical. But I think we (including myself) ought to give members some benefit of the doubt while remaining vigilant.

In my opinion, nothing emanruse said has triggered any reason for me to doubt he is just a seeking patient looking for real information.

emanruse,

I encourage you to continue your research. You can also use the "find" feature by searching for "DHI" as well to see what their patients have been saying.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi emanruse

I`m sorry if i came over as aggressive,its just i did have a bad experience with dhi and i may have misread your post.

I`ve taken your advice and took a chill pill and i hope you take the advice offered by the members on here and do lots of research.

Thanks and i hope you accept my apology.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Originally posted by emanruse:

ah thank you for the advice... even if it isn't great news!

i was wondering if age would be a barrier alright... though i always thought that because i am very physically mature for my age and i my hair loss started about a 1 1/2 - 2 years ago which might increase my chances of being able to get it done.

but i will definately take advice from both of you and look into any other ways that i can accelerate the process of becoming a viable candidate.

as for DHI, chucky i see you got a HT with DHI? how was your expereince with them? sorry to see you did not get the results you hoped for, and must say i'm surprised! one thing that attracted me to them in the first place was where they said "100% guaranteed hair loss treatment"...

Hi There brother,

saw your post only now.I was in the same boat as you a few months back and have decided against dhi as a result of the reviews given by other members..dont ignore them.

As for dr. conor kiely in cobh I would advise you to steer well clear of him as I had a procedure done a few years back and it was very poor result and experiance and left me both disillusioned and frightened to tackle another procedure even now.

I would advise you to take advantage of the weak dollar and start banking it away for when you are ready.

In the meantime I have had amazing results with propecia and the minoxil cream that I got from the belgravia clinic in London,and I called to them the same wknd I went over for the Dhi consultation,.I saw the propecia as only a temp measure until I got a ht with dhi,Thank god I picked the right treatment.

The advantage to me was I did not have to go to my own doctor , and the embarressment of asking for a perscription for the propecia, so once i was assesed at the clinic I just get tablets sent by post. I dont bother with the cream now but I have had great results with it.It has totally thickned my hair and prevented further loss. most def brought me back from the brink anyway !! Its a bit expesive and I dont know if you can buy it over the net cheaper elsewhere, maybe you can?? if so let me know !

Dont know again if you are too young to be taking it so you best check it out.

Again according to these guys the US is the place to go for a HT,..So roll on the recession... !!

Very best of luck.

I must say as a medical doctor and client of DHI, that my experience with DHI was superb. Before approaching DHI, I had a strip procedure with another Group which proved to be an absolute nightmare. It left me with a horrible scar on the back of my head and results which looked unnatural. Having learned the hard way, I did a fortune of research which led me to DHI. This proved to be the best decision I have ever made about my hair loss! The staff were friendly and professional and the results look fantastic! As a doctor, I have referred others to DHI and all have been extremely happy.

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your advice, i'm taking it all in and trying to sort out what i'm going to do.

Meanwhile, as i mentioned earlier i've only just started looking into all this recently (HTs and Propecia etc), and while researching propecia... it seems i need to be 18 for that aswell! All clinics i've seen on the net has an over 18's policy, including the belgravia clinic in London (incidentally thanks for that Thinair, i'm often visiting in London so that clinic is perfect for me). I guess there must be a medical reason for it (though if i'm physically mature enough to be going bald i think i'm pretty much there!)

So to be honest i'm feeling a little lost at the moment... but i'm continuing to research and take in any advice anyone here has to offer. I guess the next step would be to head down to my doctor and see what he has to say. At least i guess a bonus of having to wait is i have plenty of time to research and think. Once everything does get underway i'll definately keep posting and keeping you up to date. Could be the youngest hair restoration diary on here! Thanks again.

Peace and love

I am also a medical doctor who refers into DHI and feel also this negativity about DHI Ireland is totally unfair and absolutely unwarranted. I would really query who some of these people are. The facts (that I know)are they have been working in Ireland for a year or so and raised standards here dramatically with only praise from their clients and no problems that anyone has seen. How would someone based in Connecticut be in a position to bad mouth them as they are not really in the US that I am aware. Truth is they have taken the Irish market by storm and there are a lot of jealous people out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lads,

Firstly, well done on such an excellent and informative forum. You really are performing an essential service for an industry that has little or no transparency for the uninititated!! I have had a phone converstaion with Dr. Keily in Cork Ireland & DHI and was in the process of scheduling an initial assessment. Thanks to this site I have completely reassessed my priorites and will definitely look futher a field for quality work. Sorry to dish the same 'ould questions at ye but starting research on this topic is a bit like getting hit with a tidal wave.. so many pro's and cons for so many different surgeons. Where do I start checking for a quality/proven list of surgeons?? It seems that the US is the place to go. I have read of a DR Feller which is in the US and apparently the UK. Is this person one and the same? There is also a Dr. Feriduni in Belgium. I havent really seen any negative feedback with this guy.. can he be recommended. I realise research is the key but where to start and how to filter so much info is the first hurdle to clear. Preferably I would like to get to a surgeon in Europe.. and more preferably a Ryanair flight away icon_smile.gif Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Stevoh,

there is no quick way to gain the knowledge required to make a good decision with regard to what is the best option for you and your HT.

Dr Feller works out of Great Neck NY, it is possible to consult with him through the UK but only once or twice a year and he only preforms HTs in NY.

search for SPEX on this site and he will give you top class guidance as he works for DrF and is a great guy.

Don't rush into anything too soon

IH

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Originally posted by Stevoh:

Hey Lads,

Firstly, well done on such an excellent and informative forum. You really are performing an essential service for an industry that has little or no transparency for the uninititated!! I have had a phone converstaion with Dr. Keily in Cork Ireland & DHI and was in the process of scheduling an initial assessment. Thanks to this site I have completely reassessed my priorites and will definitely look futher a field for quality work. Sorry to dish the same 'ould questions at ye but starting research on this topic is a bit like getting hit with a tidal wave.. so many pro's and cons for so many different surgeons. Where do I start checking for a quality/proven list of surgeons?? It seems that the US is the place to go. I have read of a DR Feller which is in the US and apparently the UK. Is this person one and the same? There is also a Dr. Feriduni in Belgium. I havent really seen any negative feedback with this guy.. can he be recommended. I realise research is the key but where to start and how to filter so much info is the first hurdle to clear. Preferably I would like to get to a surgeon in Europe.. and more preferably a Ryanair flight away icon_smile.gif Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Stevoh,

If you look up top there is a "Find a Surgeon" button. Personally, after a couple of months research I chose one who is both a coalition surgeon and one recommended on another site operated by the Spencer guy who is a consumer advocate. I've been extremely happy so far, except I'd like to see some growth......but at 5 weeks I guess that would be a miracle.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

hey guy

I'm from the UK and had 2100 crown grafts with Dr Feller in new york in nov last year , check out my blog .

homer is right spex is a great guy and helps alot of UK guys go over to the states , look him up bud

good luck richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

"homer is right spex is a great guy and helps alot of UK guys go over to the states"

UK and IRISH...... Richie icon_biggrin.gif

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

thanks a lot for the replys lads.. I have a place to start now. I had no idea this was going to be such an undertaking but I am glad Im starting out on it. Its quite shocking to read some of the stories. The scariest thing is that I was on many a website, that I wont mention, and was very convinced by the hype but then reading some of the horror stories on this forum of the work carried out by those very surgeons is very scary!! Is there an offical regulatory body that these people can be reported to??

• 4 months later...

hi

i just had a HT with Dr. Kielty in cork in ireland, i found him very pushy and he was not involved in actually incerting the hairs, i have suffered extrem hairloss after the procedure, which was on august 7th 2008.. i know its normal to shed, but what fell out of my head was crazy amounts of hair, i wish to god i nbever did it cos now everyone thinks i loss more hair and it will look daft when it grows if it does, can anyone please give advice, please, very upset about this....