UK work exposed !

I just saw this topic by Dr Feller about UK repair transplants patients on HLH and was shocked. So much for the conspiracy theory about why people travel hey.

1.jpg

2600 grafts Dr Feller 28/01/08

3024 grafts Dr Feller 15/01/07

Stevo,

I was actually hoping somebody would make their way over here and post this topic as I did see it on Hair Loss Help.

Firstly, I want to say that it is absolutely horrible to see such terrible hair transplant results and my heart truly goes out to these patients who have received subpar results.

Many hair transplant clinics in the UK have a sad but true reputation for producing less than quality results - and in some of these extreme cases, horrific results that leave a hair transplant patient horriblly scarred.

Thankfully there is hope for many of these cases through hair transplant repair.

Though these pictures are horrific, they do represent the WORST case scenerios produced by UK hair transplant clinics.

The only problem I have with this however, is it is only targeting the UK which may deceive people into thinking that poor results are being produced solely by the UK. The fact is that hair transplant clinics producing sub-par results exist ALL OVER THE WORLD - including the United States and Canada.

And just as there are many first-rate hair restoration physicians in the United States and Canada, I do believe there are some first-rate hair transplant clinics in the UK such as the Farjo Clinic (see Pat's visitation highlights and pictures here).

Despite history, I believe that the Farjo Clinic now produce hair transplant results on par with many world class hair transplant physicians which is why we have invited and accepted them into the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Surgeons.

Clearly however, this post is a reminder to everyone that a seeking hair transplant patient must do extensive research before selecting a hair transplant physician.

Thanks for posting this reminder.

Best wishes,

Bill

P.S. I also can appreciate Dr. Feller's explanation of the donor strip being taken by the ear. What he says makes perfect sense about the increased risk of scar stretching due to tighter skin. I can also see how it would produce fewer hair grafts since the hair is less dense in that area.

i am interested to know if you have seen farjo patients in person Bill?

P.S. I also can appreciate Dr. Feller's explanation of the donor strip being taken by the ear. What he says makes perfect sense about the increased risk of scar stretching due to tighter skin. I can also see how it would produce fewer hair grafts since the hair is less dense in that area.

does this not contradict what you said on this post about the farjo patient who had poor growth as a result of a questionable scar which was clearly close to his ear ?

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=153616

i wish farjo clinic had shown use the volume of great results as feller has done because to date i can't see the comparison myself between the clinics. i am looking into reapir surgery and wish farjos results could challenge feller as i am in the UK and in need of repair. i want to have FUE surgery though and i don't believe farjo offer it although even their prices for strip are nearly twice the price so guys in the UK have good reason to travel possibly. i wish dr feller could disclose the names of the clinics as that would help.

Frog,

Thanks for asking.

I admit that this is the first time I have seen such a post explaining why tissue should be avoided taken from too closely to the ear - which is why I addressed that pictuer specifically in my P.S.. It is logical and makes sense. Therefore I agree with Dr. Feller that it is not the optimal place to take donor tissue and could potentially increase the risk of scarring.

In the case of RepairGuy, though the tissue taken in that area may not have been optimal, there was no additional scar stretching from the pictures nor did he report scar stretching.

RepairGuy's case was over 3.5 years ago and though I feel for him, I do not feel that work peformed 3.5 years ago from the Farjo clinic is a discredit to their quality work presented today.

Frog, admittedly, there is not nearly as much evidence of their quality work promoted online as Dr. Feller however, in my opinion, their hair transplant results today are on par with many elite hair restoration physicians.

Bill

Isn't patient #6 a photo of repairguy?

Is is just me, or am I off base there?

Anyway,

Bill, do you believe that in 3.5 years--- a clinic/doctor can join the most elite surgeons?

I have to disagree.

Everyday, top docs look for ways to get better, thus it is simply a matter of attrition that if a clinic started to try and mimic the work of a top doc 3.5 years ago, they would always be 3.5 year behind the clinic they are trying mimic.

I do believe they can close the gap to a certain point, but top docs do not just sit around doing the same techniques, etc... they make changes to surgical protocol, further refine their techniques and they consistently turn out superior results.

I don't have a problem with Pat visiting a clinic and declaring their techniques and results up to his standards.....that is what makes this site GREAT. He actually visits clinics and gets to see first hand the techniques.

However, we cannot pretend to presume that suddenly every doctor is simply equal based on technique---- there is experience, knowledge and artistry, something that you cannot make up.

I don't want to speak for Dr. Feller, but he has proven that he deserves to be here time and time again by a preponderance of patient testimonials and photographic evidence.

I just think we have to be careful not to confuse people AND we as patients still need to see a "preponderance of evidence" that proves a clinics consistency.

That takes some time-- because after a while, you have patients who find a doc as a result of this site, and then come back to give unbiased feedback-- couple that with clinical photos and one can begin to make a more informed response.

This is my personal opinion--

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Where is the proof that the Farjo Clinic is on par with the top doc's ? The Farjo Clinic is less than 10 minutes from my house and instead of travelling 10 minutes up the road I am going to be travelling across the Atlantic for my second HT. I have seen plenty of bad work from Farjo online, to put me off ever going there and also met an ex patient in person.

I know there's a poster on here who's work looks good and I know Pat has put some pics up that look good too. But to be persuaded to go there for my HT I would need years of continuously good work shown online and I would need to see a handful of these patients in person too.

Sorry to be so negative but the majority of results I have seen online have not been good.

2600 grafts Dr Feller 28/01/08

3024 grafts Dr Feller 15/01/07

have you actually seen any farjo patients in person though yourself to form such a strong opinion Bill?

In the case of RepairGuy, though the tissue taken in that area may not have been optimal, there was no additional scar stretching from the pictures nor did he report scar stretching.

he did here on this picture and it looks to have stretched also.

HH88.jpg

bspost, i agree with everything you have written!! i dont think #no6 is the farjo guy though because repairguys scar runs down and is wider and nearer the ear as shown in above pic.

dr feller if you are reading this i sent my picture into you a few days ago but heard no reply as of yet. please could you let me know your opinion about fueing into it. here it is for your reference. i have given you further information in the email. also can you confirm whether or not you are coming to london in january as i would very much like to meet you in person for you to assess what could be done for me. i really want fue and not strip again.

scar_pic.jpg

Everyone,

I fear that it is my fault that this thread became specifically about the Farjo Clinic and for that I apologize.

I was strictly trying to caution everyone not to make judgements on the UK overall based on a compliation of photos.

I could find photos of bad cases all over the world.

I used the Farjo Clinic as an example because the UK was targeted specifically. Had a different region been targeted, I would have mentioned the diamonds in the rough in those areas as well.

I apologize if it seemed that I was comparing physicians. Dr. Feller has rightfully earned his place among the top physicians in the world by providing consistent positive results online. I trust over time, work produced by the Farjo clinic will blossom online as well.

Dr. Feller does outstanding work and I'm glad that he has been able to help these patients.

Onwards and Upwards,

Bill

Guest wanthairs

I actually think that it is highly commendable and a great service to all for Dr. Feller to expose this butchery that takes place in the UK. Although I live in Florida, I spent decades in the UK and thankfully neevr had a proceedure done from some of the quacks I visited with. One thing for sure......If they did this to me, Id be their last ever patient...

Charlie B, Dave Joseph and all the other guys, cheated of their youth...Tool up get ready, time to pull the trigger !!!!

this is why there are so many uk posters who cannot understand why farjo have been recomended .its not an agenda against them,its just that any farjo patient who has been seen in person has had a bad or below average result.

there are only two posters on here from the uk recomending farjo as opposed to numerous uk posters prepaired to travel outside the uk and show their results.

any clinic can post pictures but its guys who have had a ht that need to post themselves and tell their story.

so in my opinion the farjos have been doing hts for 10 years or so and there aren`t many posters singing their praises.

now there are a lot of clinics in the uk who are absolute rubbish,have never had one genuine poster who is happy with their ht,only guys complaining.they wont go online as they can`t face the criticism.they rely on fancy marketing and this attracts unwary usually desperate guys looking for that miracle cure for hairloss.

i should know i was suckered in.

i would welcome dr farjo mr or mrs replying to this thread and prove they are up there with the best or will this thread be locked or deleted to protect their interests as no one answered my questions from RGs post.

i am not having a go at anyone on here its just that i have met a lot of guys in need of repair after poor hts in the uk and they all end up travelling overseas.

the above comments are in my opinion only

thanks and look forward to replies

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Chucky,

I appreciate your concern.

The pictures posted above are certainly very scary!

I agree that hair loss sufferers seeking hair transplantation have a right to be concerned and truly proves why selecting a quality hair transplant physician is vital.

Regarding the Farjo Clinic specifically,

I too would like to see some more of their work especially those posted by hair transplant patients. I agree that the number of patient posted results overall are lacking at this time.

I believe however, that this is going to change. But it's going to take time.

Bill

thanks for the reply Bill.

i feel one of the farjos need to reply to the questions on here.not mick,no disrespect to him it needs to come from the horses mouth.

after all there are numerous drs who have a patiet co ordinators but choose to post and answer questions themselves

thanks

B-Spot and Stevo. Great post's. Just curious how long both of you have been online researching ht's? You seem to have a good perspective of this situation. Anyway there are some very talented docs on here but to say just beacuse they are in a coalition they are on par with all others that belong to it is not so. Imo. And this right here can be very confusing to the newbies.

hi john in nc

the headline basically tells it like it is.you will find most uk posters will not recomend a uk ht dr because there are numerous posters with bad results and very few satisfied patients.

there is no cherry picking,farjo is recomended on here and a lot of people disagree that they are up there with the best and it was Bill who linked them to this post unintentionally .

also you miss the point as it is one of your top docs as in amercan who posted the thread originally and i dont think he intended to disrespect anyone,just showed some very poor work.

when doing your research would you even look at the uk for a ht.if you look on shln you can find a vast amount of bad hts from various drs/clinics in the uk.

now if mhr or bosley start promoting themselves in the uk on forums would you not want to put your opinion across.

i`m not having a go at you or anyone else but as a recomended dr they have a duty to reply.

thanks

None of the Farjo patient results on their web page look the great. It also appears that they max out at about 2,500 grafts per session. I have a hard time believing they match up anywhere close to Dr. Feller.

Now I see why all the UK patients head west.

El Quapo,

I hesitate to even dignify you with a response knowing full well what you have posted on Hair Loss Help about this network.

But I will answer you nonetheless and make the assumption that you are actually keeping an open mind.

I stated that I personally have not seen a lot of patient posted photos of the Farjo clinic in our community.

Pat however, has seen a number in person and personally visited their clinic.

I have seen a couple of recent patient posted results on our network of the Farjo clinic, and believe they are high quality. Mick has also been posting a number of photos in our photo section all with good results.

In good confidence, I feel very comfortable recommending them on our network based on what I have seen recently from their patients, the clinic, and Pat's visitation.

Byehair,

I agree that it would be a good idea for the Farjo clinic to update their website. They do hair transplant sessions of over 2500 grafts when appropriate.

Everyone,

Regarding equality of hair transplant clinics...

I don't think it's fair to compare one clinc against another. I never intended to do this and if you read my words carefully, I never compared them directly.

All I stated is that I believe the Farjo clinic does quality work and is AMONG the best. I do believe our Coalition physicians are ALL AMONG the best.

Are there differences between each hair transplant clinic? Of course! I do not deny that fact.

Clearly some hair transplant clinics have varying philosophies. Some are more conservative than others and prefer doing multiple sessions over ultra large megasessions. I personally prefer the ultra large megasessions when appropriate, however, I find no flaw in more conservative approaches.

Do some hair transplant physicians have more available patient posted photos online? Absolutely! Many of my personal hair transplant choices were made as a result of what I have seen online posted by real patients. This is important. My hope is that over time, there will be more available patient posted experiences and photos from more of our recommended and coalition physicians. I know Pat encourages many of our recommended and coalition physicians to post online and to encourage their patients to as well. However, some clinics are more responsive to our encouragement than others.

What matters the most to hair transplant patients is in order of 1, 2, and 3: results, results, and results!

As long as in the end a hair transplant physician helps a patient meet their hair restoration goals with high hair growth yield, minimal scarring, and a natural look - then they have done a quality job.

But these are just my opinions.

Bill

It is sad to see such attrocities as posted. I can't believe that some of the work is actually done relatively recently.

I have to support what Bspot had to say. I am concerned that there is not enough evidence to justify making claims that some of the physicians in Europe are anywhere close to being on par to the caliber present by the elite group of some of the coalition physicians. We know that they are not all equal.

I understand that there are certain criteria that must be met for a physician to be considered for the coalition, but is it a minimum standard? Let me give a couple of scenarios to explain my thought process:

1. In school a passing grade is a C. Would you want a tutor that got an A or a C?

2. Would you want your cardiac surgeon to have aced the board exams or just passed?

3. Picking your hockey team--You have 2 pros. One scored 50 goals last year and the other 3. Which one do you want?

You get what I am saying. Yes, I went miserably off topic and if you see thru what I am getting at, you'll understand that I am making reference to a group recently in the coalition. However, I have started to see some quality work, but we need consistency.

There are now 30 Coalition physicians and I believe that there are approx. 10 that definitely outshine the others. Just my opinion.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by Bill - In good

Everyone,

Regarding equality of hair transplant clinics...

I don't think it's fair to compare one clinc against another. I never intended to do this and if you read my words carefully, I never compared them directly.

All I stated is that I believe the Farjo clinic does quality work and is AMONG the best. I do believe our Coalition physicians are ALL AMONG the best.

Are there differences between each hair transplant clinic? Of course! I do not deny that fact.

Are the two Farjo doctors the only ones doing the surgery? If not, the problem with recommending these clinics is that Farjo is not necessarily going to be the doctor performing the surgery, and a recommendation on them is almost in blind faith that some of their physicians meet your standards.

Wylie,

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking if the doctors we recommend are the ones performing the surgery?

Yes, this is true for all of our recommended and coalition doctors. We recommend specific hair transplant physicians and not just all the hair transplant physicians that might just happen to work for the same clinic.

Thanks for asking.

Bill