PRE-OP Alcohol

Mel Gibson

Docs or anyone else,

I am going in Thues. 4/6 for an HT. The nurse says i am not supposed to drink alcohol for a week prior to the procedure. Not that i can't go without, but i graduate law school on Friday, 4/2

and would love to "get a bit gased up" that night.

DOES Anybody know if that week on the wagon thing really makes a difference. I would still have 4/3, 4/4 and 4/5 to get the booze out of me.

Docs or anyone else,

I am going in Thues. 4/6 for an HT. The nurse says i am not supposed to drink alcohol for a week prior to the procedure. Not that i can't go without, but i graduate law school on Friday, 4/2

and would love to "get a bit gased up" that night.

DOES Anybody know if that week on the wagon thing really makes a difference. I would still have 4/3, 4/4 and 4/5 to get the booze out of me.

Mel Gibson

I can't recall the exact issue with alcohol but I believe that it somehow thins your blood. Meaning you could do some extra bleeding.

I discuss this with your clinic, and if they give you a big thumbs-down I would postpone your celebration for a few days. It's not like you are just going in to have your teeth cleaned.

You might have thought about this when you scheduled your appointment? I wouldn't do anything that could complicate your procedure or muck up your results. Don't take any chances.

Are you talking about just making a toast, or are you going to paint the town? Talk this over with your clinic. Maybe there is someone who will trade appointments with you?

Alchohol acts as an anticoagulant in the blood so it doesn't clot easily which can complicate surgery. You don't want to be bleeding all over the place do you?

Peace,

Jotronic

Carpe Capillus!!

www.jotowen.com

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I'm sure there are other reasons as well. Perhaps alchohol can have adverse reactions to the anestesia not to mention any other meds you may take. It's just a good safety guideline. I know it bugged me because every time I'm in Vancouver I wanted to party but I was a good boy as you should be tooicon_wink.gif There will be countless more opportunities to get schnockered.

Peace,

Jotronic

Carpe Capillus!!

www.jotowen.com

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

My gander at this is a beer or two will be okay. You get blasted/toasted/obliterated then that is a stupid and unnecessary risk.

An HT is forever. And I know that you only graduate law school once, but then again I guess the only other alternative was scheduling the HT later on. I'm sure you thought about it.

I just didn't want to take any chances. Chances are that you'll run into some stumbling block at some point even if you follow all pre-op instructions (donor site infection, bumped head, excessive swelling) that may or may not be under your control.

The key is to minimize risk to maximize the HT's effectiveness. Sure, you can always go in for another HT, but you want that because you want to and not have to.

You could go out and party with your friends and be Designated Driver and you'd come out cool. Someone has to be DD, usually. It is up to you to withstand the peer pressure. That's tougher said than done sometimes, I know.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Jim,

You showed up at the damn airport lit up, not to mention the jeers from the flight attendants as you left the plane,(whatever for?), and you kept asking for the quickest route to "grab a forty". Then, you kept asking where the best place would be in the Emerald City to "get your emeralds polished" or something to that effect. Don't you remember man?

LOL!!!!

Peace,

Jotronic

Carpe Capillus!!

www.jotowen.com

Mel,

The new hair may just add to more "leading Man" roles in Hollywood, but then with a law degree..you have something to fallback on.

BTW I really liked Braveheart

icon_rolleyes.gif

nuts in the other post, but I still like you cause of: Braveheart, Patriot, and Payback. And yes - you should be sorry about signs - what kind of ending is that???

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke