Total cost of HTs to date?

Brav989

With the amount of really good doc's increasing lately, I think you should be able to negotiate with a doc and get a better deal than that. 3000+ should not cost more than 10k, no matter who you see these days. Also, if you have cash, let then doc's know, they will give you a better deal as well. Hope this helps.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Brav989,

I am scheduled for my first HT in January and 3,000 are running me $10,000. $8,500 was quoted for 2,000, so there was a substantial benefit to going for 1,000 more at only $1,500 in additional cost.

Regards,

Mike

3,200 on 1/4/06 Dr. Cooley

Did not spend nothing compared to you people, but then I guess that is because of the locational advantage I have.

Joke-

Go for a german car, a french cook, an Indian wife and an american paycheck.

Do not go for a german cook, a french car, an Indian paycheck and an american wife.

Now, if only the Chinese communist party took more interest in HTs, we may have the next HT revolution. icon_smile.gif

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

• 1 year later...

I'm guessing I've spent about 13K for @4100 grafts. Three separate procedures of 600, 2000 and 1500. The first procedure was done in '98 before I learned about this site and what real transplant doctors could do. So despite my early mistake, I've come out well and spent a little over $3/graft.

I agree that cost should not be a primary concern, but it appears that you should be able to get 3000FU for approx $10,000 from most coalition physicians. Do NOT make a decision based on cost. Just because it costs more doesn't necessarily mean that the physician is more talented. Remember the hair mills have a very high overhead for advertisement expenses so therefore they must make up for that. That being said, don't just go with the lowest fee either. Do homework!!

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

For both HT#1 and HT#2 I've spent $15,100 total. In my opinion, though cost wasn't a primary factor on where I got my HT it definitely came into play. To me, it's a package deal consisting of quality and price together.

Those considering a HT need to be realistic not only in their expectations of appearance but in what they will end up having to pay to acheive their desired look.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Trust me guys, You should all feel lucky. I spent about $10k back in 1994 to be disfigured and am now spending a total of about $20k to repair all the damage. After all this I will probably have to spend another $20k to get a few sessions of hair transplants. Grand total would probably be about $50k.

Originally posted by Repair Guy:

Trust me guys, You should all feel lucky. I spent about $10k back in 1994 to be disfigured and am now spending a total of about $20k to repair all the damage. After all this I will probably have to spend another $20k to get a few sessions of hair transplants. Grand total would probably be about $50k.

I'm lost for words, thats horrific icon_frown.gif

Mines in sterling..

Total of both HT's ??7500 (Nobel Clinic UK Butchered me and now been repaired by Feller Medical)

and I had a Advance hair Studio type wig at 22 years old that I binned after a few days!! ??1500

Converted in todays exchange rate.. $17,500