Posting some pics

Here are some pics of myself after my june 13 HT session. I had some major swelling up to 6 days afterwards. Pics of swelling look terrible, but there was absolutely no pain, just discomfort.

mypics

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Here are some pics of myself after my june 13 HT session. I had some major swelling up to 6 days afterwards. Pics of swelling look terrible, but there was absolutely no pain, just discomfort.

mypics

bverotti, I think it helps a lot if you wear a headband after a transplant, this stops the swelling going to the face, you get more swelling at the top of the head but it stops black eyes etc.

hairlase quoted me 11500 Euros for 1 treatment (1500 grafts) and 12800 Euros for 2 treatments (2 x 1500 grafts), so that's 1300 Euros for an extra treatment! - that pricing forces you to have 2 treatments which I didn't want to do anyway. I'd Rather have 1 treatment, see how it goes, then decide on the next one. Did they give you the same pricing?

• 3 weeks later...

I update my website with a couple of new pictures.

2 Months past OP.

Shedding has ended by new and new hairs are growing. Nothing spectacular yet, but progress is being made !

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bverotti --

Thanks for the pics. You look great. Keep up the good work!

I also love your site.

Who was the doc? He did a great job on your hairline...very natural.

Happy New Year.

Bverotti

You have a nicely placed HT and the Fu's look pretty natural, it must feel good to get a front hairline back again. Are you going to do a follow-up for added density, or just leave things as they are ?

Either way very nice improvement !, especially considering you have dark hair.

All the best

NW

Thanks for sharing your photos and progress. I'm hoping to compile a similar story through photos.

I am very thankful for those people who are sharing their progress with pictures. Their stories are the most compelling, and they more than anyone else offer proof of what to expect from an HT.

That is so valuable in educating others. Thank you for openly sharing your experiences.

Things are looking good! Looks like you've beaten those pesky ingrown hairs and are filling in quite nicely! How does it feel? icon_smile.gif

vocor1

Thx for all those nice replies.

To answer some questions :

The ingrown hair problem is gone for the moment. But as you all know there might still be some hair ready to pop up and cause problems. But if taken care of this is just a temporary problem I would say.

I will eventually need a second procedure because I refuse to take any pills to stop hairloss. My father is a 5A so there is a good chance I go that way too. I might use some hair in the second procedure to make the front a little denser.

The work was done by Dr. Villnow. He is German and works at http://www.laser-aesthetic.com

You may be surprised to hear that they are not on the recommended list on this site. I guess that is because they do not use microscopes to cut the FU. I have 1, 2, 3 and maybe a few 4 hair micro.

But as you can see the results is the same to full FU. In fact I attended a meeting sometime ago where there where both micro and full FU patients. We all agreed that the work done by Dr. Villnow cannot be distingiused compared to full FU work. Ps : I have absolutely no ties to his company, I am just thrilled by his excellent work.

• 1 month later...

bverotti:

You are looking good! Congrats on your continued progress. Thanks again for sharing your picts and your HT story!

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

• 4 weeks later...

I will eventually go for a second HT. But for now I am totally happy with the results.

I am considering doing a FUE/FIT at the end of this year to create some more density. However saving my donor hair for later use is important because as long as there is no hair cloning or something like that you only have your own existing donor hair to harvest from !

• 3 weeks later...

10months.jpg

Just to let you know that the hair growth saga continues !

Although I created this with Photoshop no extra hairs where added icon_smile.gif

I am happy with the results ? yeah !

• 2 months later...

I have updated the final results after 12-13 months after OP.

More HT work is going to be done in August.

I need a more density in the front and also I will have the top covered this time.

Udated web page