• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see the problem with this case. If NYC-FLA were upset or unsatisfied with his results he would have called my office and expressed his concerns directly. As he stated in his post he is happy with his results and will even come back to us for more surgery.

1.jpg

2.jpg

While he may look like a man who is beginning to thin in the corner triangles, he certainly no longer stands out as a man with a "mohawk".

So why do several of you out there conflate his post into something it is not? He went from having a "mohawk" to a properly proportioned broad hairline in just one procedure of a moderate amount of grafts. What's more is that he is HAPPY about his results.

It is incorrect to say that the transplanted areas were covered by the native hairs. It is obvious from the photo that this is just not the case and that most of the hair covering the corner triangles are in fact covered by transplants.

NYC-FLA main concern was the TEXTURE and DIRECTION of the hairs. THAT was the "problem" that he asked the community for help about.

I obviously don't control the texture of hair, and while I most certainly can (and do) control direction of the hair, the fact that he has CURLY hair largely negates even the very best surgical angulation.

IF NYC-FLA wants to thicken up, he knows and understands he may come in for more transplants. He has written as much in his first post. I will post his before photos side by side with his after photos tomorrow. This will make it clear how very good these results truly are.

Hang in there NYC-FLA. You look great and you are still thickening and "normalizing" in terms of texture. Contact the office when you get the chance and perhaps send us more photos. Thanks.

Dr. Feller

While typically I would not involve myself into this situation that seems to be arising let me clear some of the smoke which may be of help.

I am very happy with my results of the transplant. I do not expect ANY Dr. to make me look like I did before, and I don't think I would go see one that would claim to be able to do that. I will go back to Dr. F for a second when the time/money is right, my personal money, not his fees, which I hink are fair being that my experience there was very professional and made me feel at ease which in the case of an HT, can be a little unsettling out of the fact that most people what to keep it on the dl.

Did I think it would be thicker, yes, I THOUGHT it would be but really don't have any reasoning behind my expectations other than wishful thinking or the fact that I am an optimistic person and I sometimes hope for things that may not be possible.

When I said I wa tackling 1 thing at a time, it simply meant that I would address the issue at a later time and get peoples thoughts on this forum as I did with my initial question.

The whole point of this forum is to help each other, as a community, with different ideas and experiences that we have each personally gone through so as to possibly help another person with a similar issue.

I do plan on going to Dr. F again for a consultation and I will ask him his thoughts on the overall outcome, in his opinion, as a surgeon.

To attack the doc over this I feel is a bit sophmorish as he is a doc, not god. You do the best with what you have to work with and hope everything falls into place after that.

As many people mentioned, I am going to wait 6 more months or so and see if the hair changes any which seems to be the consensus here.

Thanks to everyone thats has helped, it is most aprreciated!

im not one to get involved in arguments /debates but i have to say this much if i personally had his hair and results id be jumping for joy the guy looks great!! and make no wander hes happy well done NYC/FELLER.

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

one more thing i forgot to mention is that i think that attacking dr feller is outrageous and could be a mistake you would live to regret bearing in mind that one day you may need him. Come ON LETS GET REAL its obvious hes one of the good guys. Hes on here posting most days trying to help and always responds to question asked unlike most docs .He also has enough us patients to keep on working till retirement age, but instead hes traveling to the uk to educate others and help. I think he deserves a bloody medal not a verbal ear bashing keep up the good work doc and take no notice the majority of us know the score!!

2 poor very poor UK ht's

original thread

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

THE PICS show without any shadow off a doubt a significant improvement cheers icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

original thread

Dr Ron's procedure

Getting back to the original topic, I think your hair looks great styled forward and i'd experiment with different hair products to see what tames it. i'd try some leave-in conditioners, too. and regarding the kinkiness of the hair, it's well known that the quality of the ht hair will continue to soften for up to 18 months so i wouldn't worry. you made a great choice in a surgeon and he truly is one of the "good guys" who will stand behind his work.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Originally posted by ahs456:

Dr. Feller, why are you calling posters "pinheads", regardless of your skill your attitude is not great.

ahs,

A little too obvious with your first post and unfortunately it will be brushed aside as you might be a double agent, I mean poster, icon_wink.gif.

Seriously though, I think he has a good result and the immediate post op results look great! My first transplant reacted differently and I sort of assumed that would be common. After all, you're taking hair that has been growing down for your whole life, and adding it to the front. Doesn't it have to be 'trained'?

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

this doc is very talented.. produce great results.. spends a lot of time around to teach the newbies.. yes he seems truly in love with himself.. will react very harsly if u question his results.. but this is not abt making friends rt?... its abt bringin that change that we all desire..

the result seem pretty good to me...

Originally posted by HT55:
Originally posted by Dewayne:
Originally posted by ahs456:

Dr. Feller, why are you calling posters "pinheads", regardless of your skill your attitude is not great.

ahs,

A little too obvious with your first post and unfortunately it will be brushed aside as you might be a double agent, I mean poster, icon_wink.gif.

Bill , could you please look at the IP address AHS456 posted this from and compare it to the IP address I use in every post to assure Dewayne that this did not come from me.

HT55,

I'm not smart enough to have connected you to this poster... icon_smile.gif But, I suspect it's someone already registered as it was an odd first post.

However, I'm just passing time and it's not bothering me or anything. What IS bothering me is I'm still bald! 3-months and I still have a thinning look.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Wow This is crazy .All ht55 said is it looks a little thin .

Ive seen that comment from hundreds of posters from all doctors .

Compared to what we are use to from Dr Feller it looks thinner then most.

Lets keep it real fellas . This isnt a surgery to be ashamed of but it certainly isnt one to showcase.

In no way do I feel Dr Feller did anything wrong or different but so far the results are mediocre,slightly above average.

Its hard to tell though from the pics when the hair is combed straight down

We are all accustomed to seeing one pass ,one and done hairlines from Dr Feller and this one isnt. No one bats a 1000 .

Even the patient expected more. Im sure the Dr did all he could do but so far Its an ok result.

Another pass and Im sure hell be thrilled . Some guys are just lucky, some are slow growers,and some get hack jobs.

By the immed postop pics it looks very refined but for some reason its not the usual fantastic result we are use to from this Dr.

Things could change in the next few months once the hair matures.

Nyc If you want to show what the transplant really looks like I would wet my hair and comb it back and take clear pics.

That will tell the success of the surgery.

Bullinut I dont see constant badgering of Dr Feller .He posts more then any of the other doctors combined and gets the MOST praises due to that and the work he showcases

Ht 55 just called like HE sees it .Why would there be any other motivation but to post what he feels ? Hes admitted hes considered Dr Feller for hairline work.

As far as feelings being hurt we should apologize to every patient that wasnt praised Most recently Balody and his scar.

Nyc did say thank you to everyone and didnt disagree with ht55.

If the yankees have a 10 game win streak and they go to play the carmines at Fenway and are about to sweep the Sox and Manny blasts a 2run 2out 0-2 walkoff dinger off Riveria your going to question why he didnt throw one out of the zone to get him to chase. Does that mean your not a Yankees fan anymore? No its something your not use to when it comes to Mariano and you talk about it,and question it It looks like Ht55 was just trying to enlighten the patient not bash Dr Feller.

Obviously Dr Feller took it the other way.

I always find it strange when a new poster comes online and jumps into a controversy, therefore, I already took it upon myself to do a duplicate IP address check. Of course, this is not "fool" proof as there are many ways to have multiple IP addresses however, there wasn't a match.

I do think Dr. Feller came on a little sharp with his response that has created some backlash.

But let's stop taking things personally and get back to the heart of the matter. This patient's happy with the growth though clearly he'd like more density. But just because someone wants more density doesn't mean the initial transplant is a failure. According to the clear pictures, his result looks pretty good and if he wants more density, he can always go back for more.

Regarding the styling issues, we gave NYC some great suggestions. I do encourage you NYC to contact Dr. Feller if you'd like his input on hair growth direction.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill also feel free to look at the PM conversation I had with Dr Feller 2 weeks ago about having FUE hairline work done with him.

We do not look through private messages and even if we could, frankly, I don't care to.

I think it would be more beneficial to NYC if we focus our energy on him since he started this thread than on accusations and personal attacks.

Best wishes,

Bill

Maybe Im offbase {kind of like the Bronx Bombers these days} but Dr Feller is a VERY confident guy.

He shows us constantly there is nothing he hasnt experienced in the hair restoration field.

He can come across as being arrogant but thats due to pride.

You can tell how proud and dedicated he is with his work . The pics show how good he is and he is use to being showered with praises from all.

I have noticed that once in a great while he goes a little overboard when someone disagrees with his posts or work. I also do the same thing and so do many others.

Maybe hes a little too sensitive ,maybe too proud to say ok lets meet half way or maybe hes a genius and we are not up to his level. icon_wink.gif

The only thing that bothers me is that this is a forum to express how we feel.

It should be left at that unless the poster is totally out of order. Or a simple I disagree and state your case but false accusations are unneccasary.

I dont feel HT55 was out of order. I can see his point. Im more in the middle . He made a couple of comments and left it at that. The human eye is all you need in this case.

NYC You owe NOTHING to this forum but if you want to get to help settle this Im asking that you take a minute and snap a clear wet combed back pic. The reason I say this is because like we all know the true success of a a great surgery is the hairline shot You had enough grafts put in that area for there to be a CLEAR difference when combed back.

Right now we can only say there is growth but to what degree is uncertain with these pics.

Its not going to make ht55 of Dr Feller right or wrong but will give us an idea of whats really going on in your case.

To me as of now ,its not a one and done surgery but like its been said before small changes could happen.

If you do not want to post these pics then I would just say give it sometime to thicken and settledown and then decide if your truly happy or not. I think the words free surgery didnt sit well.

I know when I went to Dr Shapiro and had an issue about part of my scar after my surgery that they really had no control over because of the poor work Nuhart did . They just said when can you come in and we will fix it . Thats the only question I got. No excuses no blaming me just them wanting me happy.

The reason I add this is because Dr Feller seems like a standup kind of guy so if you feel growth is inadequate the best thing to do is see him in person.

it would be interesting to see a pic of NYC before his hairloss, to see how his hair "behaved" at the hairline. did you style it the way you are styling it post-HT? your hair seems course and has a wave to it

What is a double agent, I think that it is strange that my ip address should be checked. is this not an open forum where people can post what they think without being investigated, Bill are you the moderator or the protector of the doctors who pay to be on this site? Feller needs to toughen up, he has slammed many doctors on this forum.