Dr.cotsarelis of pensylvania university

omar77

I didnt watch it all in tv but something about making a scar in the head and spoiling the protein in to the scar.If you search the web with his name you will see details I did it but my English is not so good to understand exactly.If you do it please inform me and all the forum thank you.

Dr George Cotsarelis and colleagues from the Department of Dermatology, Kligman Laboratories, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, in Philadelphia, US, found that when skin is wounded, the cells of the epidermis take on the properties of stem cells and generate new hair follicles that are capable of growing new shafts of hair.

So far the results have only been achieved in mice, but the hope is the same is true of human skin.

The above is copy/paste from the site below.

<<http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/71178.php>>

if i remember properly, there are couple of guys in other hairsite forums who tried this so called homemade follicular neogenesis. This is based on work by costarelis and fuchs, as well as the new startup Folica inc.

They did this....

1) Mix lithium orotate or chloride (1 1/2 crushed pills) with diemythl sulfoxide or DMSO (1 tsp of liquid) and caffeine (2 tsps of powder). Mix thoroughly in a bowl. These topicals appear to increase WNT signalling.

2. Stir powder mixture into na 8 oz solution of 50% water plus 50% ethyl alcohol. This solution should increase absorption by decreasing particle size of powder. After thoroughly mixing pour solution in a spray bottle or dropper.

3. Use a dermaroller or lancet to gently wound the scalp. This creates wounding on the scalp that MAY mimic the wounding necessary to create-stem cell like conditions for new hair growth.

4. Spray solution directly on scalp.

Do spraying and wounding several times a week

I hope they had few issues as to how deep the wounding should be and use of lithium..

Cheers,

Rahul

• 2 months later...

i could be wrong..can you please provide the source ?

Good news is cotsarelis got a plough to sow the seeds of OUR unrealised dream..

Check this out..

<<http://www.puretechventures.com/content/newsFull.asp?file=follicafincancingjan.asp&id=303&mainPage=news>>

<<http://www.xconomy.com/2008/01/04/gone-today-hair-tomorrow-follica-raises-funds-to-begin-human-trial-of-baldness-treatment/>>

Best Regards,

Rahul

Does anyone know the advances that they've made since this posting? I notice that they've completed there Funding A or something and that posted Jan.4th 08. Anyone know any updates other than the funding? i guess they haven't started human testin gyet?

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

• 3 months later...

wow i just watched the NBC or whatever video you can see that has a Dr Cot. interfview on it and the link is here

http://www.puretechventures.com/content/portTest.asp?fi...olio&subPage=aboutUs

and just look at how much progress the mouse made at JUST 11 weeks, which is like 3 months, wow. imagine getting all that hair back on ur crown

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

• 2 weeks later...

This statement appeared a while back in regard to Follica's future Stem Cell endeavour.

It was made by David Steinberg who is a profiled member of Follca featured in the company Bio on their website.

This statement can be refernced

http://www.xconomy.com/2008/01/04/gone-today-hair-tomor...aldness-treatment/2/

David Steinberg 1/4/08 2:12 pm

I am with the company. While we have not tested this in humans yet we fully expect that hair will persist. There are multiple reasons for this. First of all, consider hair transplants - while they have other flaws, the hair does indeed persist despite the presence of circulating DHT. In a distinct, but similar way, the Follica treatment changes the microenvironment of the follicles. Further, a single hair cycle lasts several years, and at the very least the new hair should last one full cycle (because of the underlying physiology of the condition). Also, circulating levels of DHT actually drop over a man's life. We have seen numerous clinical reports of patients showing sustained hair cycling when exposed to conditions similar to the treatment Follica is pursuing (in a carefully directed and controlled way).

What do you's think. Can anyone understand how the hairs would be DHT resistant. I wonder how would the follica treatment change the micro-environment of the follicles. Any thoughts????

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

looked promising when they regrew hair follicles in the mice,anyone heard anymore on this or if they intend to test on humans?.Guess its still top secret. wonder which will come first,HM or hair neogenesis!.Maybe in 10/20 years these treatments will be the real deal and not just rumour.

HT 2006/7

• 1 month later...