Video results of Jotronic

I just got some time recently to start playing with our video set up and decided to use myself as a guinea pig. Please disregard that I showed my scalp twice (you'll see what I mean) and the spot on my nose. I don't have a makeup department. Also, it wasn't scripted, just an ad-lib so forgive the lack of luster.

Hair Transplant Video

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I just got some time recently to start playing with our video set up and decided to use myself as a guinea pig. Please disregard that I showed my scalp twice (you'll see what I mean) and the spot on my nose. I don't have a makeup department. Also, it wasn't scripted, just an ad-lib so forgive the lack of luster.

Hair Transplant Video

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

excellent video, the results are just amazing and it shows better on video much better then in photo's. cheers for the chance to see it. the ad-Lib is fine!

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Joe:

Great job on the video--you're a natural...I've followed your progress since you began posting & you have truly amazing results...Hasson & Wong have absolutely mastered the art of hair transplantation...I look forward to more videos as you produce them...good luck!

Joe,

Great video and great hair.

If you don't mind I'd like to offer a little video advice concerning exposure levels. Your video is a little dark. To fix that, first you need to find the auto/manual exposure button on your camera. While in auto mode, zoom in completely for a closeup of your hair. This allows the camera to auto-adjust to the correct exposure level of your scalp and hair. While there, move the auto switch to manual. At that point it is fixed at that adjustment and will have the correct exposure for your hair no matter if you zoom out again. I use this technique to film sporting events so that when the camera passes by a bright background area it does not suddenly darken the foreground.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Joe...awesome video and awesome results. I look forward to meeting with you in person on October 19th and probably 20th when I come back for my post op cleanup. Hopefully I'll be able to say I had close to 8000 grafts by the time I'm finished too. And I had to laugh out loud at the double top take of your head....that was great! Again man...phenomenal results...I hope I come out with my hair looking that good when I'm finished!

Bill

Guys,

Thanks for the input and comments. All of your suggestions will be considered, especially yours, Gorpy. The biggest reason the light was low was because it was later in the evening. I had wanted to do something like this for a while as well as several hundred other video ideas I have and this one just hit me. When I get the bug to do something, nothing stops me. In this case the light was just a bit lower than I would have liked but this was of course an experiment.

Also, with the zoom shots, I was the only one working the camera so I didn't think anyone would want to see my closeups with my eyeball taking up half the screen every few seconds as I try to line up the shoticon_smile.gif

Also Gorpy, thanks for the video tips. I'm a newbie at this (much more proficient with the photos) and I exper (hope) to become just as proficient with video. I was hoping someone like you would chime in with experienced advice. I don't know if I can switch to manual from auto as the camera is just a low end Canon DVR. Regardless, I do have some nice software that can make the outcome better but I just have to learn to use it. Maybe you can give me some more tips if you email me your phone #?

Thanks again all. Look forward to more videos more frequently. This IS the future and it can only benefit the industry. I intend to be a part of iticon_smile.gif

Amazing results.

If you look at the before and now, it looks like a different person and 10 year less in age..I think we are so spoiled with the technology we forget the transformation.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

The results look great,but I couldn't imagine the cost. If one was considering having this much done would the cost be figured as a total job (as in discounted) substantionally. Instead of being say 4.50 per graph x 8000= 32,000.00. Some of us would have to also worry about the feds raising the interest rates on are hair loans. You can't put a price on how you feel about your looks but it puts the procedure out of reach for allot of average people. Just a thought , video shows an awesome result.

worried and kg007....I know there are several docs that DO discount the grafts after a certain amount....I know Hasson and Wong charge $4.50 per graft for the first 2000 and then $2.50 per graft for any graft after that. Dr. True also does this and I think the majority of doctors do it. $4.50, however, is pretty much the standard accross the industry. That being said...I do agree that it would be NICE for it to be cheaper...but after doing research, at least I know that docs that charge $4.50 are charging the standard...I've seen other docs raise their prices and charge even more which I think is astronimical especially since docs deemed as top docs are still charging $4.50. Anyway...there's my 2 cents.

Bill

I agree that $4.50 is standard, but if you're considering a 'mega'session, then the cost should come down to 3.25-3.75/graft depending how many grafts you are getting.

KG

Joe - What a great idea to do a video. I know Bosley does videos on their site, but one main thing bothered me about them. I don't want a video of a person *telling* me how great their hair is, I want the video to *show* me. (They just sit in a chair and answer questions, but never show anything). Your video is definitely a step in the right direction.

As for advice? There's a couple of things I could think of, beyond what Gorpy mentioned re: zooming in and lighting.

Mainly it has to do with the fact that this is your own hair, which looks great no matter what. To showcase that, rub your hands through it, pull it back, 'tossle' it a bit, etc. This will demonstrate the superior quality of the hair transplant received. This would be a home run in my opinion.

Good luck and keep it up!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Joe,

Thanks for taking the time to make the video. If a picture is worth 1,000 words, a video is worth 10,000. What the majority of us have seen before contemplating a HT are photos on a website..............a far cry from how things may really appear. Photos can be altered to appear much better than the real thing..........especially when it comes to the appearance of a person's hair.

In my particular situation with recent crownwork, I like seeing the "whole" head of hair. Everyone's prospective differs...........but, in my book, if donor supply allows......my goal was to restore the appearance of a full head of hair which is what you have accomplished. BTW.........the crown looks great...........if I end up with that kind of result I'll be a happy camper!

While I realize for some of those who approach NW 6 or 7.......the appearance of a full head of hair is not reality. However, I was mislead before my first HT by being advised to be "realistic" in my expectations. What I have found is that I had more than enough donor hair to achieve my goals.

Thanks for the video..............I look forward to seeing more from you and H&W.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thank you all for the compliments. As far as cost goes, yeah, it's expensive, but this is a luxury item, not an emergency by-pass. However, as Bill said, the cost per graft does drop over a certain number of grafts. Also, in my case, if I were a virgin scalp I would have most likely been a two session deal and when the cost per graft drops on average to roughly 3.40 to 3.75 per graft it gets a bit easier to manage. I have nowhere near 32K worth of work done, at least not in dollars anyway. In emotional well being it is much more, like a millionicon_smile.gif

M&M,

I know what you mean. I can understand the value of explaining what it means to a patient but it really is not as valuable as showing AND explaining.

hairbank,

Understand that the crown is thinner than the rest of my scalp. My results allow me to have enough hair around the crown to kind of cover it. I'm not bald in the crown, just thinner, and the extra hair I have allows me to have a full appearance front to back. The style I have now is something that I think suits me but I do have the option for others, like just over a year ago when I had the "Simon Lebon" look as someone coined it. Love it or hate it, it's still an option that I didn't have before.

Jotronic,

What would you estimate the length of your hair to be in the video on the top/back and sides?

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.