if only there was no shedding phase

I hope one and soon I will hear news that HT can be done without shedding.

That would be an ultimate progress in the field of HT, as for me it is a limiting step to take the plunge

So lets hope for that miracle

It is true that some patients are lucky and experience very little shock. Some have tried to use Rogaine or laser treatments post operatively in an attempt to prevent shock. This also seems to work for some and not others. Unfortunetly, there is no way to determine who will experience shock loss.

Thanks Dr Charles, from reading and looking at posts on this forum, I noticed that all patients suffered from Shedding of implanted grafts in the recipient area after the HT which start after 2-4 weeks, and then the grafts start to regrow after about 3 months.

Is that not a correct conclusion.

My post was that it would be an amazing miracle if the implanted grafts in the recipient area would continue to grow post operation immediatley

My results seem to be similar to PathsPatient. I am 2 weeks post-op and I have nearly all of my hair grafts thus far and they appear to be growing... I am waiting for them to start falling out.

I'm on day 29 and I think most of the transplanted hairs have fallen out. Most of it it fell out from week 2 to 4.

However, I still see a lot of baby, thin hairs in the grafted area where there was no hair before. This might be the transplanted hair, but it seems thinner. I'm crossing my fingers that it's early growth.

I'll update my blog next week to show you guys what I mean.

Majority of patients shed 70%+ of their thanspanted hairs starting 2 weeks after surgery. This shedding phase is gradual for the next 2 to 2 1/2 months post op.

Various clinics (including SMG) are trying different holding solutions for the grafts during surgery to elimiate the shed phase.

Some day.......

You should be rubbing/massaging the recipient area only during shampoos. The more you stand under the shower to wet the scabs, the softer they get to massage them away easier. The scabs turn translucent as it drys.

You can rub, not pick at 18 days post op when dry since the grafts are securely in place. Hopefully you don't have a compilation of scabs that formed into one big scab. In which case you'd want to rub when its wet. Any normal remaining scabs should have been massaged off by now. 18 days is getting a bit long to have scabs remaining at the recipient and donor site.

Thanks again,

Well, I suppose they are part of the root of the hair, I will add a picture to show you. Most are connected to hair, not all.

So in the last hour, I have literally seen about a hundred of these fall out when I lightly rubbed my scalp in recipient area.

2_follicles.jpg.da8ce3a264dddffd7d958dd2c1853ef3.jpg