Laser hair debate closed. Laser loses

It's been a few years now since wild claims have been made that lasers (of any power) can grow or even influence hair growth.

None of the major players including Dr. Bauman, Lexington International,nor any of the posters of this site who claim success with lasers has produced even a SINGLE credible before/after photo.

Case closed. Laser is dead.

• Moderators

I see improvement on some of these. Not going from bald to a full head of hair, but certainly in line with what propecia and minoxidil do. The site claims that they all used ONLY a laser comb and dod not use minoxidil, propecia, etc.

http://www.sunetics.com/beforeafters.aspx

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Sorry BeHappy, I still don't buy it. Sunetics website is promoting their product, period.

I would like, however, see the same results from REAL patients who are NOT on any other meds with at least HALF of the results shown on the manufacturer's website.

I tried hairmax for 6 months with NO positive results . I also know a girl who went to Chicago hair and spent 3 grand with NO results,and even more recently another friend bought a laser helmet type of device off ebay used it for 4-5 months with NO results.

Does that mean its useless? I dont know you tell me.

I was at a birthday party where a girl thought she was drunk after drinking 4 glasses of non -alcoholic wine. She had no idea until someone told her there was no alcohol in sparkling grape juice.

Maybe its the believing the laser works that has a small placebo effect on a select few icon_smile.gif

Cybernaut, I read your posts, great write ups icon_smile.gif

It just proves that people would do ANYTHING to make money. Snakeoils, Lasercombs, mislead FDA approved vs FDA "cleared" etc. All these scammers should be sent to prison in Syberia icon_smile.gif

Wow,

What a surprise.. As I said from the beginning, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, it ususally is a duck

Lasercomb is another snake oil and we still havent had one poster on here who provided real life results.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Here are the top two photos off the hairmax lasercomb site. Prime examples of deceptive marketing practices.

4.jpg

What more needs to be said?

When I brought up the second photo set to Mr. Michaels on a radio debate and accused him of showing the before photo with the hair wet to make it look artifically thinner than it really is, and the after photo dry to make it look artifically fuller relative to the before photo he claimed in a serious voice that it was the comb that did it and avoided any accountability to the obvious deception. That's the kind of low people these laser snakeoil salesmen are.

Yup. Anyone with a small patch of thinning can mash or comb the hair around to obscure the area; this is clearly done in the first pair of photos. The before picture in the second pair actually looks better to me than the after; a wet cowlick in the crown should look considerably fuller when it's dry, but doesn't. So to me, this tactic is an utter failure. Not to say that other photos used to promote meds or even transplants don't do this, but with laser that's ALL we have to go on. Totally non-compelling evidence, unless you really want to believe it works.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Originally posted by HairDew:

Sorry BeHappy, I still don't buy it. Sunetics website is promoting their product, period.

Of course they are! Are you saying that all HT pictures posted by the Drs on here and on their own web sites should not count for anything because it comes from them and not a "real" patient?

It was said that the manufacturers hadn't produced any photographic evidence showing improvement. I showed that they have produced the evidence asked for. Your response is that doesn't count because they gave you what was asked for. Is that the best you can do to discredit it? I notice you didn't say that you didn't see improvement in the "After" pictures.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

I tried hairmax for 6 months with NO positive results . I also know a girl who went to Chicago hair and spent 3 grand with NO results,and even more recently another friend bought a laser helmet type of device off ebay used it for 4-5 months with NO results.

Anyone who posts on this forum and says they had a HT between 4 to 6 months ago and claims it doesn't work because they haven't seen any results, you would be saying it's too early and they have to wait a full year to evaluate it fully.

Anyone who posts on this forum and says they started using Propecia between 4 to 6 months ago and claims it doesn't work because they haven't seen any results, you would be saying it's too early and they have to wait a full year to evaluate it fully.

Anyone who posts on this forum and says they started using Minoxidil between 4 to 6 months ago and claims it doesn't work because they haven't seen any results, you would be saying it's too early and they have to wait a full year to evaluate it fully.

So... now you and 2 friends tried laser therapy for between 4 to 6 months and with you knowing that it may take at least a year to see results with anything that works have somehow proven that laser therapy doesn't work after just 4 to 6 months. Hmm.... Why aren't you giving the same time frame for results as you would give every other method?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

Originally posted by BeHappy:
Originally posted by PLEASE GROW PLEASE:

Anyone who posts on this forum and says they had a HT between 4 to 6 months ago and claims it doesn't work because they haven't seen any results, you would be saying it's too early and they have to wait a full year to evaluate it fully.

Anyone who posts on this forum and says they started using Propecia between 4 to 6 months ago and claims it doesn't work because they haven't seen any results, you would be saying it's too early and they have to wait a full year to evaluate it fully.

Anyone who posts on this forum and says they started using Minoxidil between 4 to 6 months ago and claims it doesn't work because they haven't seen any results, you would be saying it's too early and they have to wait a full year to evaluate it fully.

So... now you and 2 friends tried laser therapy for between 4 to 6 months and with you knowing that it may take at least a year to see results with anything that works have somehow proven that laser therapy doesn't work after just 4 to 6 months. Hmm.... Why aren't you giving the same time frame for results as you would give every other method?

I guess the problem I have with it, is the question "why would it work?" I've never heard any science of how it's possible it works.

I know that's a narrow view, but I don't try some of the other stuff people claims will work until I at least know why it works. Propecia has some science behind it, as well as Rogaine. Transplants have been proven scientifically...If you take hair from the back and put it in the front it grows. It's a fact.

How do the lasers work? I don't know.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Be happy

The girl did go for a year,and said even the suckas that were in the waiting room every visit looked the same a year later. They gave her free laser removal on her legs when she complained that nothing changed.

I have a 10x mirror and after a half a year of almost daily use I saw NO positive signs of ANY kind. My buddy just stopped because the helmet device was uncomfortable and said it did nothing,

Hey if it works for you then your one of the 10 out of thousands of users that are happy with it

• 7 months later...

Yes commercial lasers are rip off. Lasers can work if used correctly. Hairmax combs have about 9 laser diodes which is far from whats needed to stimulate growth over the scalp. The best results from lasers you will see are from the hoods at laser clinics which cost people $5000 give or take a year. Trust me when i say this and check out the site i provided..... These hoods retail for $40,000 and you can make the exact same helmet if not better (more diodes) (more cellular stimulation) for about $300. I highly suggest you all atleast read thru the introduction of www.overmachogrande.com Im no salesman, im a young dude jus trying to get my hair back and just built a 125 diodes helmet which is moved over the scalp 3 times for total coverage. 20mins 3 times a week. This wounds the skin very mildly so your scalp allways has the blood needed to beat of the strength of dht and that it does. Hope some of you take a few mins just to click on the site

DHT causes hairloss not a lack of "stimulation".

Lasers are a total joke but don't take my word for it. Talk to any CREDIBLE HT doctor and they will tell you ..

Just add it to the hundred of scams out there taking advantage of people stressed out looking for hope.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

22years,

What affliation do you have with the website you are linking to? Is this your website? Are you selling anything?

If so, this makes you a part of the laser industry, even if you charge only a fraction of the cost.

I expect if this is the case you'll disclose your affiliation with the laser industry in your forum signature according to our terms of service.

Also, please do not link to your website in your forum signature.

Thanks,

Bill

yes dht is the killer but lasers send alot more blood to the follicles which keeps them alive. I agree that laser combs are crap but im talking about a laser helmet. Go to any clinic that uses these 100+ diodes helmets and they will charge ALOT but they get results. These $40000 hoods can be made at home. take it or leave it

The scalp has an excellent blood supply anyway as you will know if you ever cut it!!!.Lasers dont make a bit of difference.22years I suggest you go over to HLH and share your joys of laser with OMG and his boys who have argued about how great their laser helmuts are before and was the biggest load of crap i have ever laid eyes on. he nor anyone else has ever produced a significant photo that shows an improvement that is believable just pages of spams on bogus and dubious looking studies.I am sure the younger and gullible people may waste some money on this as desperation leads to irrational descisions. Happy lasering to you!!.

HT 2006/7