Need Advice on Doctor for FUE

cori

Hello everyone.

Can I get recommendation on which doctor to choose from.

I am from CA (Northern/Bay Area) and would love to find someone close by. Any recommendation?

My first choice would be Ron Shapiro in Minnesota. But if I can find someone just as good close by, I would go that route.

I cam across the namer. Sara Wasserbauer (My neck of the wood). Would she be someone to cosider? Can I get more recommendation?

PLEASE RESPOND; YOUR ADVICE IS MUCH APPRECIATE AND WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your response.

My research is mainly through this site and other reading materials. I need about 1800 grafts. I know doctor shapiro has done Fue for about a year, but I've heard wonderful things about him on this site. I think I will call Dr Shapiro soon.

Its been a year and I am so scare to pull the trigger. You guys are right, your hair is like your face. I need to pull the tirgger... I just hope I am making the right decision.

• 2 months later...

Cori, I just had 1110 FUE don by Dr. Ron Shapiro & it was wonderful experiance. I highly recommend them & am 100% positive you will not regret it. I will be posting my results and a write up very shortly. Good Luck Amigo.

• 3 weeks later...

Cori,

I definitely agree with the idea that travel shouldn't interfere with your surgical decision. It's understandable, but keep in mind that choosing a surgeon based on vicinity and paying for (potential) additional procedures will cost more in the long run than a plane ticket to see a world-class restoration surgeon.

I think your decision to research on these forums is a good idea. You may also want to get in contact with some of your top follicular unit extraction (FUE) choices (Dr Feller and Dr Shapiro), and look into online consultations. Keep us updated on your progress, and please don't hesitate to ask further questions!

Good luck!!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.