Planning 2nd HT (Getting nervous)

I am now in the market for a 2nd session to fix the hairline and add density to my MHR HT from Feb 07. I have had a good response to the new hair from session one, and feel more confident about my looks. Overall a good experience. Now the thought of buzzing my head for the operation (I am in sales) is starting to freak me out. I visited Dr True and he recommended about 1700 grafts to fill in density and said he can fix my hairline and donor scar without shaving my head. I have not yet scheduled.

I am curious about what kind of repair can be done. MHR gave me very mild 'cobblestoning' and I am wondering if that can be fixed.

Also, I had no shock loss in follicles adjacent to the surgery area last time. Are my transplanted hairs in jeopardy for shock loss now?

I guess I am gonna need some support going forward, so I am glad the forum is here! It has been great to come back and start to read you all again after being away.

Ringo

You are a repair; but you are a very simple repair. In the scope of the outstanding "repair jobs" I have seen performed, you are ripe for an *amazing* outcome.

Your best bet at this point is to do some consults (live or online); given your location, you can do several live, given your proximity to doctors.

Shockloss -- temporary shockloss is really quite unpredictable; permanent shockloss should not be an issue.

Again, I'd heartily recommend doing several consults; ask lots of questions; compare prognoses; see what's what!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

You do see the irony in a post titled "Nervous in New York" by a guy named 'Ringo', right? icon_eek.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by Ringo:

No, I am not seeing it. icon_confused.gif Would you please explain? I changed the name of the post, as my goal is not to be ironic.

Ringo

Maybe it's my weird sense of humor, but since John Lennon was shot in New York I just figured Ringo Starr was at least nervous, while in NYC.

Your title was "Nervous in NYC", by Ringo.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

mhr is famous for "low-balling"; they give you less grafts than you should get so you will come back for more; actually you didn't get butchered by any means; basically, they didn't give you enough grafts to create a decent density; I think a coalition doc could give you a good result with a 2nd pass; I'm thinking slightly more than 1700; maybe 2500 ish; just an estimation; consider yourself lucky that you didn't get butchered by them

Thanks dhoose75. I think you are about right in your estimation. Now I am trying to figure out how long I can be side-lined from work.

Dewayne, Reading your other posts I am getting a feel for your sense of humor. Now I AM nervous! I just won't travel with Yoko. icon_smile.gif

Ringo

ringo- I think your results look really good after one year. You definitely have a good base to work with and going to one of the top coalition docs will get you the results you are looking for.

Essentially the first time you went in to MHR, you should have been more nervous. This time around with more education and research done on your part, an informed decision should take the majority of your nervousness away.

I really feel you will get a great result with your next session from a top doc. And if you are looking at not travelling make sure you see Feller (I know you mentioned you will, but wanted to reinforce it).

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

• 2 months later...

I am considering a 2nd HT to fill the crown and add density to front area. My concern is with direct and/or collateral damage to the first HT follicles, as the new transplant incisions are made. Does the HT surgeon move at a slower more precise pace, or rapid fire?

jmt1, i had the exact surgery you are talking about (2nd ht to fill in sparse front and crown) and none of the grafts from ht1 were harmed. i also expereinced zero shockloss in the recipient area, just a bit around the donot but it all grew back.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

hairthere - Thanks for the encouraging feedback on HT2. Did your surgeon recommend 3200 grafts or were you aiming for maximum? How long did that session take, and how many technicians were placing the follicles?

i have just had HT#2 like you described. from my experience, the results and healing is pretty much same as HT#1.

the good thing this time, is the downtime was minimal as no need to shave down and implants in crown shed within 2 weeks like before...

so, all in all, the 2nd ht was easier for me !

goodluck

FS

hairthere - Thanks for the encouraging feedback on HT2. Did your surgeon recommend 3200 grafts or were you aiming for maximum? How long did that session take, and how many technicians were placing the follicles?

Yes, Dr. Feller recomended 2k for the hairline/front and 1k for the crown. the numbers were based on need and what he felt we could get. i think the entire session took about 6 hours and i believe there were 6 techs working on me throughout the day. two were dissecting while two were placing.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hey Ringo,

I feel you, i'm also getting apprehensive about my first HT at the end of January!!! I want it, but keep panicking that all of a sudden my native hair will abandon me even though i've maintained well on the meds for 7 years, or that i'll regret it in the future and look a fool, then it passes and i'm sure i've made the right decision, only for the process to start over again! arghjhhhhh

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

hairthere and fallenstar - thanks for the feedback.

how long did you wait between HT1 and HT2? the minimum or did you let HT1 grow in beyond 18 months?

did you return to same surgeon for HT1 (I would guess yes), but if not, why not?

many thanks.