Concerns about unfounded accusatons

• Administrators

While this forum is wide open to patients sharing their good and bad experiences with all physicians, it is not a vehicle for certain posters to maliciously libel a respected physician without providing any evidence.

Given that physicians are bound by law and medical code not to divulge their patient information it is hard for a physician to defend themselves online when a patient makes accusations.

In my opinion, the poster known as DaveJoseph took advantage of this and maliciously attacked Dr. Jennifer Martinick on our forum and others. Many members who read his posts and realized his agenda asked that his posting privileges be removed.

I want our forum to be fair and enable both sides of a debate to present their views. However, this did not occur on the topics posted and stoked by DaveJoseph. Thus in my opinion Dr. Martinick was unfairly libeled and maligned on our forum.

I apologize to her for not addressing this issue sooner rather than letting this lopsided discussion continue.

I know Dr. Martinick to be very passionate about doing quality work and caring for her patients.

Until DaveJoseph can provide evidence (photos) to support his claims his posting privelages have been suspended. His one side topic will also be locked until a fair and two side account of this issue is available.

I apologize to the members of this community for not doing this earlier.

Best regards, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

While this forum is wide open to patients sharing their good and bad experiences with all physicians, it is not a vehicle for certain posters to maliciously libel a respected physician without providing any evidence.

Given that physicians are bound by law and medical code not to divulge their patient information it is hard for a physician to defend themselves online when a patient makes accusations.

In my opinion, the poster known as DaveJoseph took advantage of this and maliciously attacked Dr. Jennifer Martinick on our forum and others. Many members who read his posts and realized his agenda asked that his posting privileges be removed.

I want our forum to be fair and enable both sides of a debate to present their views. However, this did not occur on the topics posted and stoked by DaveJoseph. Thus in my opinion Dr. Martinick was unfairly libeled and maligned on our forum.

I apologize to her for not addressing this issue sooner rather than letting this lopsided discussion continue.

I know Dr. Martinick to be very passionate about doing quality work and caring for her patients.

Until DaveJoseph can provide evidence (photos) to support his claims his posting privelages have been suspended. His one side topic will also be locked until a fair and two side account of this issue is available.

I apologize to the members of this community for not doing this earlier.

Best regards, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Pat and I have discussed this matter privately and in an effort to keep balance and promote fairness, we both felt that this was the most fair and appropriate response to this matter at this time.

Unfortunately, Dr. Martinick's hands were tied and legally could not defend herself on our public discussion forum. Therefore it is not fair for a poster such as DaveJoseph to vilify Dr. Martinick's good name without any evidence.

However, in the interest of "fairness", I have sent a personal email to DaveJoseph asking for him to email me with high resolution and detailed photos of his hair in different lighting and angles so that we can properly evaluate his situation.

Thank you all for understanding.

Bill

Pictures are very improtant when people make claims on here.. We have seen in the past all it takes is someone with unrealstic expectations or who are uninformed to cause a big stir about a physican ( or anything for that matter).

Also, let's remember there are always risks with surgery

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I apologize if my defense of DaveJoseph added to this. I lost my sympathy for him quickly enough once the tone of his posts seem to be more and more abrasive rather than genuinely in need of help. Bill, I was impressed with the way you handled the matter. I know that even the best of us in the best of times have been reduced to weeping puddles, so I felt for the man.

FHL,

Thank you for your support. I'm glad that you are a part of this community.

Byehair,

What you are implying is obvious. Let me assure you that this is not the case.

However, Pat has been threatened to be sued by a number of hair restoration physicians in the past due to his decision to remove them from recommendation. This did not sway his decision to do what is right.

Pat and I have both been involved behind the scenes on this situation - and based on the information provided in private - we felt this was the best course of action.

Bill

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your support.

For your information, I followed up with this hair transplant patient via email stating that if he'd like to send me his pictures privately, Pat and I could evaluate them and consider reinstating his posting privileges.

I received a response from him a few days later with obsene words and profanity stating that he will not send me his photos.

I guess that's that.

Bill

I thought this Dave guy was an idiot cause there is no way that Dr Martinick would behave like that.

I think that this guys is just out to destroy the good name of Dr Martinick, because i been to her clinics and theres no way it is what Dave describes it as.

Let me just make this clear, NOT ALL AUSTRALIANS ARE LIKE THAT. He was just a one off dickhead.

I think most of us knew up to a stage that he was just being an idiot who just didnt have much better thing to do but be a dickhead.