Mr Shahmalak & Crown Clinic, Manchester UK (?)

CAMPBELL

Originally posted by CAMPBELL:

Hello, my name is Campbell and I'm based in the UK. I've been researching a surgeon in Bruselles, and two in Manchester, Uk (Dr Farjo and Mr Shahmalak).

It's been determined I need 5000 grafts over two sessions (with approx 4-6 month gap). Strip surgery. I'm a horse-shoe shape that a National hunt race horse would be proud of!!

I've been for an initial meeting with Mr Shahmalek in Harley St, London (who is also a practising NHS surgeon in NW England), has his clinic CROWNCLINIC in Manchester and has been a guest speaker on a number of occasions with the IHRS, of which he is a member).

I'm very close to making a decision (I cannot afford the visits to the US, so am looking closer to home).

Has anyone here had any direct experience with Mr Shahmalek and any feedback to give please, as I really want to get this one right.

Thanks in advance Gents, Regards, Campbell.

HI Cambell under any cheap thrill circumstances go to dr shahmalak he has only been doing hairtransplants for 5 years and has given a very poor result to my best friend

• 3 weeks later...

Hi huys

I am glad I visited this forum today. I have been to see Mr S'malak at Transform today. He was very (perhaps too) confident. Claims to have done HT on celebrities. Reading the messages in the forum, I wonder if it is a good idea to see this guy again!! Can someone tell me more about Farjo and Hassan Wong?!

Yes , Dr/s Farjo are THE ONLY uk clinic to consult with and consider , I cannot stress the Importance of Dr Farjo being the only UK clinic to consider !!

Hasson and Wong produce excellent results also

Hope this helps

ej

Im also from the UK Campbell and have booked with Dr. Pathomvanich in Bangkok this April. Im quoted 85 thailand baht per graft which is approx ??1.65 in GBP. Flights are ??545 and ive booked a nice clean central hotel for ??25 per night with breakfast. Im estimated 3000-4000 but of course this could change on the consultation day, the day before the procedure. Youve definately done the right thing coming to this forum for advice and research, i know im certainly glad i found it....besta luck with your journey, D

• 3 weeks later...

Well the search continues. Always a balance of cash flow for me (as I'm sure it is for many out there).

Sometimes I try to convince myself that that I'm 'not THAT bald..' but then (and this has just happened this morning), I see a pic of myself and I'm thinking WHAAAATTTTTT!???? is that really the back of MY head..? Damn the gene pool I've just been tossed (nature's lottery I guess). Then of course you hear the press going on about "Hey did you see Prince William's 'embarrassing' bald patch...?" Well frankly, it's 'not embarrassing' but...hasn't the world thrown such a negative slant onto hair loss (and hand to heart, I guess I'm a victim to that marketing if I'm honest).

Not sure if I'm vain in considering hair transplants, but...things have happened in my life that have reminded me that..."tomorrow Campbell, you might be dead." This life ain't a rehersal and frankly I'm not ready to look older than my boot size before my time!! so, if I can do something about it, then why not gents icon_smile.gif

But...(and of course it's a BIG BUT...), if I am going to voluntarily put myself under the surgeon's knife then I want to get it right first time. That's 'why' I'm in HERE...

As the Duke of Wellington once quipped, "Time spent on reconnaisance is seldom wasted..!"

Campbell you have an exellent website here to make sure you make the right decision.

Good luck on your decision!!! Losing hair is natural have a bad transplant is not!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Campbell. Find a doctor on this site that's either recommended or in the coalition. Not only are they often cheaper than the outrageous prices of some volume clinics, they are carefully screened and have their online reputation to care for on this site.

If money is a big issue, I can tell you that it's possible to go to Pakistan to have 3000 grafts done for less than $3500 including travel by a top doc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

ahaystac

I just logged onto this site out of curiosity as I've had a number of procedures myself, and noticed some negative feedback on Dr. Shahmalak. I would like to share the experiences I had with him and his clinic.

I have had 3 procedures with him and have travelled from Ireland on each occassion. After visiting a number of clinics, Dr. Shahmalak ticked all the boxes for me. All my procedures were carried out with the upmost professionalism and I was very pleased with the outcome of them all. It is unlikely that I will need any further work, but if I did he would still be my first choice. What more can I say except that I'm sorry to see that some people claim to have had negative outcomes.

Ryan, really glad for you there that you feel things have worked well in your favour and the results are pleasing. Any chance of you posting some before and after photos and more information please?

It's always good to get a balanced view of a practitioner's work. Regards, Campbell.

As I've mentioned before as part of my ongoing resarch I had an appointment with Dr Shahmalak and I found him to be professional and not pushy, he was quite matter of fact about things and discussed having realistic expectations, so no complaint from me. If you google his name you will see he is leading the field of eye lash transplants in the UK. I continue my research though may eventually go back to Shahmalak, who knows, the advice I was given on this forum to take time and research was very wise.

I have spoken via email to Campbell and to both him and Ryan I would please ask you to post pictures pre/post op for others to judge. Also on the patient blog thingy, there is a person called Boldheadd who has posted results of his procedure with Dr Shahmalak, he states he isn't happy but results look OK to me. One important reason we should all research and see vaious clinics is to get an idea of prices being charged, I for example am looking for an initial 2000 to 3000 grafts and am interested to know what various clinics charge. For me this is where I am wary, as there seems to be no set standard charge in the UK anyway.