Shills - Question for Falc

EmuSteve

Just curious... do you guys keep track of the IP addresses of new users?

For example, do you have a system in place to prevent 1 person from logging on under 5 peoples names and posting their views as if it is coming from 5 different people?

Again, just curious.

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Thats an interesting question Steve. There must be something that made you think of that question? Are you thinking that Mrjb and I are the same person? Gorpy and Jotronic the same? icon_smile.gif

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Ok. Whew! I thought Alzheimer's was kicking in when I couldn't remember posting those things. Now I know it was Joe all along icon_wink.gif . Bill, I demand action!

BTW - you can tell it is Joe inpersonating me when the speling is realy bad.

The Real Deal,

Gorp

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Unfortunately, MrJb, JoTronic, Gorpy, and NN are the eventuality of an anomoly which, despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision! icon_biggrin.gif

On a serious note...

Steve,

Yes, I can check the IP addresses of all members. Shills are pretty easy to spot without IP checking, however, when needed, I have done IP checks on various members. Ironically, the IP address will most likely not be the same though most likely in the same family.

However, I suppose somebody can form one identity on their home computer and another on their work computer and the IP address will be completely different.

If you suspect a shill that I haven't spotted, feel free to shoot me a PM - I'll be happy to do an IP lookup.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bill

Well I know wanthairs is kidding, but since mm315 is new, I don't know if your statement is truly your opinion or a joke. Of course, if it is true, you are entitled to your opinion.

However, assuming you are stating your honest opinion, I'll address briefly why he is not.

It comes down to ethics. When he performed FUT work, technically, he did excellent work. But his lack of regard for a finite donor supply densely packing very low hairlines in younger hair transplant patients is clearly questionable at best. I believe that in the future there will be a number of unhappy hair transplant patients with densely packed low hairlines with a lot of thinning/balding behind it and a depleted donor supply.

Now that he does all FUE work - I have seen a number of cases where he has recommended well over the amount of grafts needed for a case. Due to the extreme care of the grafts needed for FUE work due to the additional risks of graft damage, I can't help but wonder if Dr. Armani has sacrificed proper graft care for speed since he does well over 3000 FUE grafts in a single day sometimes.

I can't forget to mention that he seems to sell the concept of 15,000 follicular unit grafts as the average available donor. Doing simple math, one can conclude that taking this many grafts will leave the donor looking like swiss cheese. I have no doubt that some hair transplant patients have this much donor, but clearly this is the exception and not the rule.

Bill

I'M not the most computer literate bloke around but if you are using a wireless modem and you turn it off and back on again do you not get a different IP ?

IH

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Thats true Irish, if the ISP assigns a dynamic instead of a static IP.

I seriously doubt Bill and the rest of the gang log MAC addresses though, which are the only truly static identifiers that don't change.

I could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time.

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Irish,

That's actually not how it works.

A wireless "router" is connected or wired to a modem that will obtain a dynamic IP address. Dynamic IP addresses are leased for a certain length of time before they expire - I believe the standard is about 2 weeks or so, but that can be changed.

But even when the IP address changes, it will be within a similar IP family that is easily trackable back to a certain Internet Service Provider (ISP).

No, we do not log MAC addresses which is a hard coated address built into the network cards. Even then it would be imperfect if someone were to switch network cards or if they use multiple computers from varying locations.

Long story short, yes things can be tracked - it's not that tough - but it's not always cut and dry.

Welcome to the world of IT.

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Moderator:

Well I know wanthairs is kidding, but since mm315 is new, I don't know if your statement is truly your opinion or a joke. Of course, if it is true, you are entitled to your opinion.

However, assuming you are stating your honest opinion, I'll address briefly why he is not.

It comes down to ethics. When he performed FUT work, technically, he did excellent work. But his lack of regard for a finite donor supply densely packing very low hairlines in younger hair transplant patients is clearly questionable at best. I believe that in the future there will be a number of unhappy hair transplant patients with densely packed low hairlines with a lot of thinning/balding behind it and a depleted donor supply.

Now that he does all FUE work - I have seen a number of cases where he has recommended well over the amount of grafts needed for a case. Due to the extreme care of the grafts needed for FUE work due to the additional risks of graft damage, I can't help but wonder if Dr. Armani has sacrificed proper graft care for speed since he does well over 3000 FUE grafts in a single day sometimes.

I can't forget to mention that he seems to sell the concept of 15,000 follicular unit grafts as the average available donor. Doing simple math, one can conclude that taking this many grafts will leave the donor looking like swiss cheese. I have no doubt that some hair transplant patients have this much donor, but clearly this is the exception and not the rule.

Bill

sorry was meant to be a joke.. yep i did read a lot abt armani.. from that i gather he is no good on long term and is a ripper..

Nelly and I are indeed one.

Dr. Nelly and Mr.Jobi

They have figured us out!!

p.s. Imagine if we were one person? deciding on a restaraunt would be difficult haha

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Gorpy:

Ok. Whew! I thought Alzheimer's was kicking in when I couldn't remember posting those things. Now I know it was Joe all along icon_wink.gif . Bill, I demand action!

BTW - you can tell it is Joe inpersonating me when the speling is realy bad.

The Real Deal,

Gorp

It's multiple personalities Gorp.............ya know, sometime's you're me.......I'm Jotronic.........he's NN............all under the guise of being JOBI in reality...........then we all wanna be Bill, or have his hair anyway icon_wink.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by Robert_:

Just try and guess who I really am.

Hint: the answer will BLOW YOUR MIND!

<span class="ev_code_RED">MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!</span>

-Robert (or...am I?)

Social D............ah, you kill me...........gald to see you posting again, my friend. You've always been a wealth of valuable information here!!

Hey.........we could always have a "Recovered Bald Guy" version of To Tell The Truth, ya know??

I can picture it now:

"This man claims to have been a Norwood 6 but now, as you can see, clearly looks like the poster child for the new and improved Chia Pet commercials!!!" icon_biggrin.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

talking of shills there seems to be a few newbie posters recently with one post only regarding ahs.maybe just a coincidence or maybe not

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

We can start the buring of shills with all of the useless product they recommend!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!