Is it going to be possible/reasonable....(photo)

..for me to expect to find a quality doc that will do a small repair job(200graphs of less) for under/around 1000$??? Most clinics have a minimum cost because of overhead, etc.

thanks for any replies

im from southern california

asdfasdf_002hh.jpg.c6c3e6ada862cfabfbf2a6af8d2971bc.jpg

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

..for me to expect to find a quality doc that will do a small repair job(200graphs of less) for under/around 1000$??? Most clinics have a minimum cost because of overhead, etc.

thanks for any replies

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

I think most clinics won't mess with under 1000 grafts--I think that is usually the minimum today; why only 200 grafts?--that will make a miniscule cosmetic differance anyway; 1000 grafts is considered small and usually only for touch-ups/to add density.

Dr. Keene in Tucson does not have a minimum. You would need to be assessed to determine if you are a candidate for surgery and what it would take to achieve your goals.

Have a good evenining!

I am a medical assistant and hair transplant surgical assistant employed by Dr. Keene

Dr. Keene is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Sounds like FUE may very well be optimal for your situation if that is really the graft # appropriate for you; this might not jive as much with your concern of cost, however, as opposed to strip/FUT.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

its just a scar spot left over from a skin issue surgery, 1.5 inch high and about . 75 inch wide,

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

FUE looks like your best bet, and I'd say 250-500 grafts would cover that spot. definitely contact dr.feller.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

JW34

I know that Bspot has been posting about Dr. Ron Shapiro doing small FUE sessions that start at 200 grafts for around $1,000. It would be interesting to see what choice you make, good luck.

You only live once...

Dr. Feller would be a ideal choice, but i would rather not fly across the country for this small of a job

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

Probably your best bet is to take a look at the doctors in your vicinity that are listed on this forum and give them a call to find out if they will fill in a small scar. My guess is most would. Either the strip technique or the FUE should leave minimal scarring in the donor area since it will be a small amount of donor. Niether is a scarless procedure. There are pros and cons for each.

I am a medical assistant and hair transplant surgical assistant employed by Dr. Keene

Dr. Keene is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Originally posted by jw34:

thanks for any replies

There are a couple of new docs who've been recommended from that area, Carmen and Ross I believe. You should check them out if you can't make it to Great Neck for lunch.....

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week