How does this look?

I was just looking to get some feedback about what you all thought about how my most recent transplant looks. I'm not 14 days post-op and will take some more pix at the one month mark and post them later. But below, you will find a few pictures Pre-op (post two surgeries of 1500 and 2500 grafts) and then my most recent one of close to another 2500 grafts. I'd appreciate all feedback, thanks!

day_before_-_buzz_top.jpg.c3c5b3d7598f0115b686f0eb67b48ab0.jpg

I was just looking to get some feedback about what you all thought about how my most recent transplant looks. I'm not 14 days post-op and will take some more pix at the one month mark and post them later. But below, you will find a few pictures Pre-op (post two surgeries of 1500 and 2500 grafts) and then my most recent one of close to another 2500 grafts. I'd appreciate all feedback, thanks!

Honestly, and perhaps (I hope) I am influenced by the amount of blood (those are the bloodiest HT photos I have ever seen...intra-op aside), but it really doesn't look too good to me....who was your doctor, and was it the same doc/clinic for all three ops?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Its_Going_Fast,

I'm confused, how many hair transplants did you have? You posted before, immediately postoperative, and after pictures for your first two, but your original post alluded to a third surgery?

I agree that those immediately postoperative pictures are quite bloody. This could be indicative of larger incision making tools causing greater scalp trauma or that you are simply a bleeder.

Nonetheless, given the extent of your baldness (hard to tell for sure with the buzz) and the completed results (again, not real clear from the pictures), I think the results came out pretty well, or at least, it appears that you've gotten good hair growth.

How are you feeling about your results so far?

Who was your surgeon?

Bill

Did you go back to Gianatto? I remember the thread a few weeks back; and you were going back for some free work as something hadn't gone right with the first couple.

Anyway, I'm not good enough at telling whether it's good or not, but your bleeding like a stuck hog for sure.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Ahhh I forgot....You are right Dewayne, he is the Gianatto patient who was going back for a free third session after a poor first two.... icon_frown.gificon_mad.gif

Having looked at the pics again, and knowing the reputation of Giannotto, I can't help but be inclined to think that such bleeding may very well be correlated to large incision tools...impossible to say for sure, of course, but while the blood obscures things a bit, the grafts also look quite large. Their spacing also seems..."off".

Btw, Bill, I think all the photos showed were pre-ops to his recent 3rd surgery, taken after his first 2 ops had grown in; and the post-ops are of his recent, 3rd surgery, as well.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Sorry for the confusion guys, the pictures posted in order from the first to the sixth are all from my 3rd (and most recent) procedure with Dr. Gianatto. I know there have been several articles regarding his work (mostly against) so that's why I wanted to get some feedback. All three of my procedures have been performed by him, and since I'm only 24, one must factor in the progressive hair loss due to typical patterns of Male Balding. However, the 2nd Surgery (see pix 7 & 8) seemed to be somewhat decently successful. However since I was still young an unaware that my existing hair could be lost due to Shock etc, and since the Doctor's associate failed to explicitly inform me of such , I was under the impression that my hair would be very full etc, and after several meetings with the Dr. (Who, I might add is a very very friendly fellow and kinda understanding), he took the liberty of doing a third surgery absolutely free. Personally, I felt that the work looked decent after I had showered the blood off and it seemed like a lot of scabs, but my only concern was that they're spaced out. Is that normal? The Doctor and his staff all explained that that was the maximum number of grafts that they could fit in w/out damaging the existing surrounding hair etc.

As for the blood, that picture was taken from my cell phone literally minutes after they put in the final graft and they hadn't had the opportunity to clean it off. However, if that seems like way too much blood then I don't know what to say. I usually don't bleed much, but then again, I usually don't get my head cut open too often - so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

Either way, your *helpful* comments would be appreciated. Any other questions, please feel free to send me a message in private.

Bill: Thanks for the positive words!

I'm not gonna beat around the bush--that is terrible work, and this doc should not be doing transplants.

Firstly, you can drive a truck through the spacing on those grafts. All that blood indicates large incisions and therefore minigrafts were likely used. I know because my first HT looked very similar--big bloody scabs, 2-3 hair grafts in the hairline (do you have those?). Check this link to see pics from my Ht with Feller and the last one is from my first HT

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/256...941091453#3941091453

The 2nd HT I had there was such little blood and the scabs were tiny. It's simple really; small incisions=small grafts=minimal bleeding.

While the end result isn't horrible (plugs) it definitely isn't modern HT work and I'll bet it looks worse in person than it does in pictures.

I personally would never give a surgeon a 2nd chance to "fix things." In my mind offering further free work is an admission that the doc doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

Sorry to be so blunt...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Unfortunately this is not as refined as it should be. I hope that everything works out OK.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Its going fast,I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this,but that IS NOT refined work but actually MICRO/MINI's grafts that unfortunately some doctors still perform under the false pretense of telling you their work is refined.

This was a popular method after the doll plugs of the 70's and 80's.

So what you got was a 90's technology HT.

I was down this road a couple of years ago with my first,and like yours the HT did grow but the spacing was too far apart for acceptable density.A question i would ask is did the doc have stereoscopic microscopes.My guess is that he did not and he probably practices smaller sessions and that would be why he doesn't [cant] do ultra refined work.

Hang in there i'm sure it should grow-just dont expect greatest density.

Thank god that there are Dr's like Hasson that are able too fix these sub-par doctors[A-HOLES] messes. icon_mad.gif

Dr Hasson 2-08

Its_Going_Fast,

I hope you don't feel that anyone is trying to discourage you. However, people are used to seeing work that is more refined.

I know that people wish for positive comments, after all, we spend a lot of money on hair transplantation to improve our appearance.

I think overall, all things considering, there is a cosmetic improvement. However, I agree that this does not appear to be state of the art hair transplantation.

If there is anything specific you'd like help with other than an evaluation of your work, feel free to ask.

Bill

It's going fast -

I won't pile on here, but please, even it is free, do not go back to this doctor.

If it was Gianatto, and you live near VA, I would check in with Dr. Vogel in Baltimore or Dr. Lindsey in Reston for some advice on any further work.

The old saying is that you get what you pay for. Free sounds great but your result is for your lifetime. It is an investment and you only have so much donor hair to use. Hopefully you have enough donor for future, ultra refined work.

NoBuzz

Thanks guys. I appreciate the "constructive criticism". Oh well, I guess I'll have to suck it up and hope that it turns out well. However, I think a lot of the spacing in the front could be due to the existing grafts from previous surgeries and the Doctor having to go around them? Either way, after looking over some other pictures it's quite obvious that this wasn't a dense packing, new technology type of procedure - but hey, it's the best that I could do at this point. By the looks of it, it seems like I still have sufficient Donor area left, so if I go through with it again - I will definitely go with one of the coalition recommended Doctors. Again, thanks.