Dr. Lawrence J. Shapiro???

vincehair

There is no association whatsoever between this clinic and SMG Vince.

If you do a search you will see some of the comments posted about the clinic you found.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Guest josh - b

Dr L. shapiro uses mini grafts according to his website.

2008 and some quacks are still using minis !!

I really hope that nobody has gone to that guy thinking he was ron shapiro.

Unfortunately I'll almost bet that it has happened. His real name is probably Joe Smith and had it changed to Shapiro to ride the coat tails.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

When I first started catching wind of this superior HT fellow named Shapiro, and ran a google on him, I was directed to this donkey's site. I agree w/ NN that someone has probably unwittingly walked into this guy's cesspool of an operation under false pretenses...and, given how hard this guy's operation apparently sells, it wouldn't surprise me if someone got suckered in to an actual surgery.

One of the more unseemingly HT clinics I've come across, for sure.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Forgive my being crass, but I think I heard someone say that this guy is more widely known as Dr. Sh*tpiro.

Dr. Ron Shapiro is a stand-up guy. This guy has never had a good thing said about him that I've read. Night and day.

Also, a good rule of thumb... be careful getting work done by someone with an afro. Just my 2 cents.

-Steve

I don't work for a doctor.

Got 2700 fu from Ron Shapiro, 11-30-7

Also, a good rule of thumb... be careful getting work done by someone with an afro. Just my 2 cents.
----LOL

I've seen Dr. Larry Shapiro and I too would agree his hair is not exactly inspiring or instill confidence in his abilities.

"Depressed One AKA 'Freakin'"

icon_frown.gif --sorry for your bad experience.

• 6 years later...

From the moment I met Dr Shapiro, I didn't trust him, but I went forward anyway. I'll regret it forever.

Dr. Shapiro sold me 3744 grafts at $2 graft. They started the procedure around 11am and I was released around 5:30. I found this very strange. Approximately 7 years earlier, I had 1200 grafts done at Bosley and it took quite a bit longer. With the same sized staff (1 doctor and 4-5 techs), Shapiro supposedly finished more than 3 times the number of grafts in less time.

During the procedure and the next day, I had a bad feeling. So, I immediately hired a professional photographer and had images taken of my head, so I could attempt to count the incisions. It's difficult to get to an exact number, but after counting and recounting several times, I kept landing in the 1400-1600 range. The incision to graft ratio for this type of procedure is supposed to be 1:1, so that means that my count was between 1400-1600 grafts.

It's been a full 2 years since my procedure with Dr Shapiro. I wanted to give the procedure, Propecia and Rogaine a fair amount of time before taking my opinion public. I see some new hairs, but it looks like he annihilated more than he added. I don't see any net gain in the number of hairs on my head.

I believe, with all my heart, that I was not given what I paid for. I find it hard to believe that 3744 grafts (supposed to equate to 5000-11,000 hairs) wouldn't make a visible difference in the density of the hair on my head, even under the worst of circumstances.

In retrospect, I should have listened to my gut instinct not to trust him. Actually, I should have found this website and read all the shit on this guy before making the decision to go with him. I'll take the blame for that one.