One Year...

creepingback

I re-read through the thread, and I do feel bad for you Creeping -- without a doubt, I feel that your doc instilled you with false, unrealistic expectations. Doctors should truly err on the side of caution; as patients we all have a natural inclination to dream and think of great results that are coming our way, and it is imperative that a doctor temper this with words containing zero hype and conservative expectation.

The work itself seems solid, though; and without a doubt it can serve as a nice foundation for a future procedure if you so choose.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along with the importance of selecting a quality physician to perform your hair transplant surgery, expectations and goals are vital.

I agree that a physician needs to sit down with all of their potential patients and educate them about what they can expect.

On the other hand, sometimes as patients, we hear what we want to hear and can be blinded with dreams of new hair follicles.

I know that Dr. Katz (my first hair transplant surgeon) talked to me about being realistic. Though I listened to him, I still had hopes that this surgery would give me more than was promised.

Clearly, additional surgeries were needed to achieve proper hair density.

But we live and learn.

Creepingback,

My encouragement to you is that you do still have a nice hair transplant result and that you can use this as a learning experience moving forward.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 4 years later...

Hi creepingback, I just came back to this thread of yours after a few years away. Sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with your HT with Dr Path. It seems we had a similar experience in the Dr promising us unrealistic expectations during the HT. Anyways, am curious to find out if you have gone back to him for a second HT?

• 1 month later...

Hi, Noobineub, I haven't been back to this site in sometime...just noticed your message. I am unable to afford a 2nd Ht if I could I would likely use someone closer to home.

My main disapointment is how visible my scar is. I struggle everyday trying to cover it up and regret ever doing it. I hope things are going better for you. Who was your Dr?

• 3 weeks later...