A HAPPY DR FELLER PATIENT... 16 MONTHS... THANKS FELLER MEDICAL!! :)

Hi guys... (I am a member of a few forums so I am copying to make this easier, thanks)

This is how I arrived where I am now... its a bit of a long read... but seemed the best way to point out how I arrived here from the start!

Most of you know my posts have been a bit of a disappointment on occasions over the last 16 months! (the famous post op. Roller Coaster didn't disappoint!)

I had some real ups and downs... due to my newly named 'Hybrid Head!' lol... (Dr Fellers name for my rare combined hair textures) but I am now one very happy guy! I am only 5 months post my 2nd Feller HT (which was November '07).

If anyone here is new to HT's and needs confirmation about 'will this look natural?' (if carried out by Feller Medical) then I'm am one of the best candidates to confirm this... I had some disgusting 'work' carried out by Nobel Hair Clinic and I wasn't sure I was going to ever get my hair back to a standard I could be happy with.. I am a really fussy person in life.. to my own detriment. Which is why hair loss effected my life so much! 13 years ago...I was a really happy bloke!

Each and every hair I lost.... was yet another piece of lost confidence to me.. after 2 years of this sadness seeing my hair looking more like my granddads at just 22 years old!... I headed to 'HDC' http://www.hdc.co.uk/ for a revolutionary 'hair system' or 'Liquid Skin!' replacement... this was the latest 'non-surgical' hair replacement that would be a strand-by-stand hair replacement weaved through your own 'liquid skin' !! WOW... awesome!? icon_rolleyes.gif (a secret technology that you were not aloud to see before you handed over your cash!!!) so.... yes.... I walked out of there at 22 years old wearing A WIG! at a cost of around ??1800! I was so desperate... I just wanted to trust everything they told me that they saw me coming a mile away! I cant believe I ever wore a WIG! I find it very hard to believe how desperate I really was to do that and after 2 weeks... of gluing it after it came unstuck every few days I threw it in the BIN!

So during this time things went further and further downhill.. I shut myself away in my room... stopped hanging out with my best mates as if I stepped out the door and the wind blew... my 'heavily gelled head would turn into a flapping wing of glued hair and my secret would be forever known by all my best mates! I couldn't let them find out I was losing my hair!! so eventually I lost touch with them all.

Next in line... I saw Nobel Clinic UK advertising on TV how you can have your hair easily fully restored with a Hair Transplant! I saw the pictures of these 'before and after' guys.... and I was sure this was going to give me back my life! So.... This was the result of the 'before pictures you are seeing on here! icon_frown.gif bad pluggy grafts that just made me even more of a recluse for the next 11 YEARS!! (no joke! I was on anti depressants and was seriously thinking what am I bothering waking up for every day!) Hair Loss to me was such a serious problem it seemed my whole life just turned from happiness to complete unhappiness.

Then 11 years later after Nobel butchered me up... I was watching TV... and saw a documentary with Shaun Williamson (Barry Eastenders! lol) and he was having a hair transplant!!!! THIS HAPPENS TO BE THE 1ST TIME WITHOUT ME REALISING IT... I HAD STRUCK GOLD!

After watching this... I thought this is a long shot... but 'I wonder if theres anything on the Internet about Barry's HT?' I did a quick search ...and found a new world of hair transplant Forums!! I HAD NO IDEA anything like this existed! It was like I had found a new world!! I kid you not.. I was ready to give up on life and now I found there are 1000's of guys posting all about HT's and about how you should NEVER HAVE A HAIR TRANSPLANT IN THE UK!!! (YES, I KNOW!!) Before this I didnt have a PC.

I asked all the usual questions on 'Hair Loss Help' ... and posted my pics... and the response was amazing... I then met a bloke you may have heard of called SPEX! After more questions and answers... I was booked into Feller Medical for my 1st repair work on 4TH DEC 06 and the rest is history! icon_wink.gif and how I am here today... one of the 1st days I am feeling like I have a new start! I went out for the 1st time yesterday in public... NO GEL... NO CONSEALER... NO HAT... NO PROBLEM! B)

The repair work I have had carried out has been ....

1st HT on Dec '06 = 3160 strip into front 3rd

2nd HT on Nov'07 = 1800 Strip into front 3rd (my 1st did not yield as much as I had hoped due to all the previous scaring but a 2nd session was always going to be needed to cover those nasty old grafts)

My scar had some stretching the 1st time around.. this 2nd time... I haven't taken as much notice as my hair is now longer and will wait until around the 10 months mark.. when things have reached a more settled stage.

My crown has not been touched yet... but I will like a further hair transplant in the future to fill this in even though it is not really that bad... I have a good idea it will only be a narrow area that will thin further in the future.

Here is my transformation.... so far.... (5 months post 2nd Feller HT)

Before... Nov' 06

nobelgrafts.jpg

sickeninggrafts-1.jpg

uk4.jpg

Post HT no 2. April '08.

Fellersrepair5monthspost2ndApril08.jpg

April1st2008outsideontopshot.jpg

April1st2008outsidetopshot.jpg

April1st2008outsidetop.jpg

April1st2008outsidebacksideshot.jpg

Thanks to everyone here thats given me AMAZING support! The ups and downs have been made far easier with all the great guys on here that take time to give there support... BIG THANKS EVERYONE icon_wink.gif

Thanks to Dr Feller and all his team and Spex, PB etc.

Badhairuk.

(Hybrid-Head!) icon_wink.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys... (I am a member of a few forums so I am copying to make this easier, thanks)

This is how I arrived where I am now... its a bit of a long read... but seemed the best way to point out how I arrived here from the start!

Most of you know my posts have been a bit of a disappointment on occasions over the last 16 months! (the famous post op. Roller Coaster didn't disappoint!)

I had some real ups and downs... due to my newly named 'Hybrid Head!' lol... (Dr Fellers name for my rare combined hair textures) but I am now one very happy guy! I am only 5 months post my 2nd Feller HT (which was November '07).

If anyone here is new to HT's and needs confirmation about 'will this look natural?' (if carried out by Feller Medical) then I'm am one of the best candidates to confirm this... I had some disgusting 'work' carried out by Nobel Hair Clinic and I wasn't sure I was going to ever get my hair back to a standard I could be happy with.. I am a really fussy person in life.. to my own detriment. Which is why hair loss effected my life so much! 13 years ago...I was a really happy bloke!

Each and every hair I lost.... was yet another piece of lost confidence to me.. after 2 years of this sadness seeing my hair looking more like my granddads at just 22 years old!... I headed to 'HDC' http://www.hdc.co.uk/ for a revolutionary 'hair system' or 'Liquid Skin!' replacement... this was the latest 'non-surgical' hair replacement that would be a strand-by-stand hair replacement weaved through your own 'liquid skin' !! WOW... awesome!? icon_rolleyes.gif (a secret technology that you were not aloud to see before you handed over your cash!!!) so.... yes.... I walked out of there at 22 years old wearing A WIG! at a cost of around ??1800! I was so desperate... I just wanted to trust everything they told me that they saw me coming a mile away! I cant believe I ever wore a WIG! I find it very hard to believe how desperate I really was to do that and after 2 weeks... of gluing it after it came unstuck every few days I threw it in the BIN!

So during this time things went further and further downhill.. I shut myself away in my room... stopped hanging out with my best mates as if I stepped out the door and the wind blew... my 'heavily gelled head would turn into a flapping wing of glued hair and my secret would be forever known by all my best mates! I couldn't let them find out I was losing my hair!! so eventually I lost touch with them all.

Next in line... I saw Nobel Clinic UK advertising on TV how you can have your hair easily fully restored with a Hair Transplant! I saw the pictures of these 'before and after' guys.... and I was sure this was going to give me back my life! So.... This was the result of the 'before pictures you are seeing on here! icon_frown.gif bad pluggy grafts that just made me even more of a recluse for the next 11 YEARS!! (no joke! I was on anti depressants and was seriously thinking what am I bothering waking up for every day!) Hair Loss to me was such a serious problem it seemed my whole life just turned from happiness to complete unhappiness.

Then 11 years later after Nobel butchered me up... I was watching TV... and saw a documentary with Shaun Williamson (Barry Eastenders! lol) and he was having a hair transplant!!!! THIS HAPPENS TO BE THE 1ST TIME WITHOUT ME REALISING IT... I HAD STRUCK GOLD!

After watching this... I thought this is a long shot... but 'I wonder if theres anything on the Internet about Barry's HT?' I did a quick search ...and found a new world of hair transplant Forums!! I HAD NO IDEA anything like this existed! It was like I had found a new world!! I kid you not.. I was ready to give up on life and now I found there are 1000's of guys posting all about HT's and about how you should NEVER HAVE A HAIR TRANSPLANT IN THE UK!!! (YES, I KNOW!!) Before this I didnt have a PC.

I asked all the usual questions on 'Hair Loss Help' ... and posted my pics... and the response was amazing... I then met a bloke you may have heard of called SPEX! After more questions and answers... I was booked into Feller Medical for my 1st repair work on 4TH DEC 06 and the rest is history! icon_wink.gif and how I am here today... one of the 1st days I am feeling like I have a new start! I went out for the 1st time yesterday in public... NO GEL... NO CONSEALER... NO HAT... NO PROBLEM! B)

The repair work I have had carried out has been ....

1st HT on Dec '06 = 3160 strip into front 3rd

2nd HT on Nov'07 = 1800 Strip into front 3rd (my 1st did not yield as much as I had hoped due to all the previous scaring but a 2nd session was always going to be needed to cover those nasty old grafts)

My scar had some stretching the 1st time around.. this 2nd time... I haven't taken as much notice as my hair is now longer and will wait until around the 10 months mark.. when things have reached a more settled stage.

My crown has not been touched yet... but I will like a further hair transplant in the future to fill this in even though it is not really that bad... I have a good idea it will only be a narrow area that will thin further in the future.

Here is my transformation.... so far.... (5 months post 2nd Feller HT)

Before... Nov' 06

nobelgrafts.jpg

sickeninggrafts-1.jpg

uk4.jpg

Post HT no 2. April '08.

Fellersrepair5monthspost2ndApril08.jpg

April1st2008outsideontopshot.jpg

April1st2008outsidetopshot.jpg

April1st2008outsidetop.jpg

April1st2008outsidebacksideshot.jpg

Thanks to everyone here thats given me AMAZING support! The ups and downs have been made far easier with all the great guys on here that take time to give there support... BIG THANKS EVERYONE icon_wink.gif

Thanks to Dr Feller and all his team and Spex, PB etc.

Badhairuk.

(Hybrid-Head!) icon_wink.gif

Bad hair !

Thats an ace improvement well done my friend !

From butchered pubehead to women slaying mop ( with all due respect bud )! ace ! hahhahaaha

Top pics too outside in the sun with nothing to hide , this should set a presedent that all pics should be sunny outside ones , this is the only way to truely see results and your is only 5 months ..... much more to come yet bud

PAH ! to the crown taking longer hahaha

good pics , good write up .... top surgeon = top result ...... end of the lesson .

richie

2100 crown grafts

nov 2007

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

nice one bad hair

oh to be honest guy i think you need a change of name now , maybe coolnow hair or notsopubeyanymore hair or goodresult hair uk hahahahaha

all over england this aft , sad hair guys were taking pics of there heads in the sun , fuch me bud baldness has really has messed us up !

thank goodness we found spex and Dr Feller !

good growing bud

richie

2100 slow growing crown grafts

Dr Feelgood

last year

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Really happy for you mate icon_smile.gif

It's been a long journey and you are now enjoying the rewards, well done mate.

Your hair is looking great and at only 5 months so you have plenty more to come. I hope you keep us updated on your progress.

Enjoy your hair now mate icon_cool.gif

2600 grafts Dr Feller 28/01/08

3024 grafts Dr Feller 15/01/07

Originally posted by spex:

BHUK,

Amazing PICTURES!!!!

WOW - SO HAPPY FOR YOU MATE!!!!!!! Its taken a long time for you but you are now starting to reap the benefits, finally!

Proud of you mate as i know you have had a hard time with this repair - well done!!!!

Happy MILF'ing Bro!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers bud.. I really shocked by those before pics... I didnt think I would be but jeez... I am even more happy now!

icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by richie48:

nice one bad hair

oh to be honest guy i think you need a change of name now , maybe coolnow hair or notsopubeyanymore hair or goodresult hair uk hahahahaha

all over england this aft , sad hair guys were taking pics of there heads in the sun , fuch me bud baldness has really has messed us up !

thank goodness we found spex and Dr Feller !

good growing bud

richie

2100 slow growing crown grafts

Dr Feelgood

last year

HAHA... I hear what your saying about the name.. it doesnt quite work now... but it is a reminder of how far I've come.

Yes... ditto the Spex and Feller quote! icon_wink.gif

Thanks Richie icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by stevo:

Really happy for you mate icon_smile.gif

It's been a long journey and you are now enjoying the rewards, well done mate.

Your hair is looking great and at only 5 months so you have plenty more to come. I hope you keep us updated on your progress.

Enjoy your hair now mate icon_cool.gif

Stevo... cheers mate.. your always really supportive ... yes I can see tiny hairs in there but I no longer study them as much... I couldnt even see anything happening before I had any hair there icon_smile.gif

One of the many problems with the plugs was the actually timing of procedures. According to the Drs., each procedure needed 3 months recovery time, so the blood flow would accomodate the new grafts. Then, after the 3 months, you went in for another procedure, and so on (and so on, and so on).

The tragedy, as you can probably understand, is that the next round of transplants transected the previous round, so you were faced with the law of diminishing returns.

I still have a pretty good original forelock, but never achieved my goals in the receding areas on either side. At least, not until I had 1370 units transplanted not too long ago.

At this point, I'm not so depressed and disappointed as before, since the old plugs are pretty unnatural looking. I was lucky in that I had fairly "good" plug work done, but at the expense of donor hair that I could have used subsequently.

I just thought I'd share a "blast from the past," so you guys can realize how lucky you are to have follicular unit transplants and this forum.

bb

Great to see you on here Badhairuk.

I am so pleased whats been achieved for you and you can now start enjoying a normal life.

Your hair is looking great now with plenty more growth and maturing to follow.

All the best mate as you deserve it with what you have been through.

Chucky(aka bigmac)

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Thanks Spex (and BMac) I truely appreciate all the help you have given me along the way. For the 1st time today I showed the 1 and only person that knew about my HT (My Mum!) when I just got back from my 1st HT in Dec 2006... I showed her the post op work... and today 15 months later I asked her to see what she thought! She couldnt beleive it! Seriously she was amazed and this was outside in daylight and also under a very bright bathroom light.. she said it looked really thick and she said the never knew I would get 'real' hair back like this! She said she expected very fine tiny hairs all over.. lol. This really made my day.. she was laughing in disbief!

Big thanks again Spex... and to all here whwo's be kind to support me and Feller Medical of course.

Just wanted to say... all the pics I showed before were the 1st I took ...and they were after a wash and not gel or anything. But today I used some gel... hardly any at all... but I can make it into a messy style like that... and this is it after very small amount of gel (I dont like using much as I dont think its good for the new hair thats still coming through).

But I am very comfortable with this style.. it was taken by the window but indoors.. I am getting closer to looking like my avatar now! icon_wink.gif

myhairApril3rd08.jpg

It's a pretty good (great) feeling: to walk out of a contemporary transplant session, wait a few months, and know that you don't have to feel self conscious when someone looks at your hairline.

It's just a shame that some doctors (Elliot, Straub, Bosley, et al.), don't "fess up" to their mistakes and pay for the repair surgery. But, it's an imperfect world...

Congrats BHUK--although I think you should change your name to like Screw the UK Go USA... or something like that icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously though, looking good my man

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Looking good BH.

I can't wait to see your 12 month pics when its all had time to grow and mature, its gonna be an amazing result im sure.

Good for you for staying strong through your hardship, im sure it was'nt easy and i can't bare to imagine what it must have been like living with that sub par result for so long.

You deserve the best and it looks like your getting it, well done mate

Originally posted by pete uk:

Looking good BH.

I can't wait to see your 12 month pics when its all had time to grow and mature, its gonna be an amazing result im sure.

Good for you for staying strong through your hardship, im sure it was'nt easy and i can't bare to imagine what it must have been like living with that sub par result for so long.

You deserve the best and it looks like your getting it, well done mate

Thanks everyone.. yes Pete.. 12 months will be cool.. but I have really had enough of waiting so this was perfect timing! lol.. I am not good at waiting for a train to arrive let alone a HT to grow.. so this was painfully slow.

Thanks again really appreciate it.

All the best to everyone no matter who your work is with or where you go.. just grow well!

Hi BHUK

No need to thank me as i`m happy to offer help to anyone and i`m just pleased you got through your difficult time and are now starting to enjoy life as you should.

I cant wait to see your full grown out results.

Cheers Bri.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Today with the new style in the sun... I showed you indoors with it like this before... but this is in sunlight.. I wont post anymore pics.. sorry there are so many I just wanted to show in the sun like this as I think the 1st style was just brushed forward and didnt look this good.. :blink:

4thapril08topinsun.jpg

4thApril08sidepic.jpg

4thApril08verytoppic.jpg

Cant tell you how amazed I am.

Hey man,

Helluva journey you have had, and you really are looking great; thx for posting such honest, clear pictures, they are appreciated!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Hey man,

Helluva journey you have had, and you really are looking great; thx for posting such honest, clear pictures, they are appreciated!

Thanks my friend, it really has been a 'hell' of a journey at times..... Thanks and all the best icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Bill:

BadhairUK,

So seriously....when are you going to change your alias? I think you are making jealous the rest of the world who really do have bad hair? icon_wink.gif

Amazing transformation my friend. Glad to see that you have come so far!

Bill

Hi Bill! lol.. I may have to cahnge it I think soon... as it really isnt badhair now. I remember reading through all reports on your HT journey and it really was back when I was in a bad way... I found it really helpful so thanks for all the information you provided me with that really was helpful.

Thanks everyone icon_smile.gif I am more surprised than anyone after such a long journey how well its turned out now.. when I think back.. I really never thought I was ever going to reach my dream of having natural full head of hair again... so this is a massvive thing for me! It wasnt just a case of an easy thing to get this far.. hair loss is a real serious issue and I wish everyone can get a result they are really happy with.

icon_smile.gif

You look great and I am super happy for you. Thanks for the posting to let others know that it can be done.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

BHUK Great hairstyle mate - looks the business and a truly great result. You have good density for 5 months and plenty more to come yet. Enjoyed the comments about your mum's reaction lol. You must be made up.

Cheers Custard (aka Beachboy)

spex,ive just gone through the archives and realised it was me you were refering to earlier.

all that stuff was said in the heat of an arguement and i was defending my doctor,my bad.

fact is i did comment on bhuk,s result earler on in the thread but my hand brushed the pad and i lost it, it was quite a long post and i had to rush out to a job soon afterwards.

basically it went like this...bhuks hair looks amazing now and he must feel like his had the world lifted off his shoulders,well done.

the fact he mentioned shauns hair giving him some hope to do something says alot.it was shaun that started the ball rolling for me and i imagine a lot of guys who had giving up all hope of having hair again.

yes bhuk is a brave man for what he has gone through and now is willing to tell his story to help others.but if shaun hadnt stepped up and gone public i imagine bhuk as well as many others(including me) may still be despairing about their situation.

again i think bhuk,s story is an inspiration,all the best.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.