Concerns about missing Armani threads on hair loss help - Farrel?

I previously voiced my concerns about this issue on the Armani lawsuit topic. But I see that Bill no longer wants us to post there about hair loss help. If I am not posting this in the right section, feel free to move it.

I first want to say that I've been a member of hair loss help for almost a year and this one for a much shorter period of time. Personally, I like both forums for different reasons.

I think any person doing illegal activities should be brought to justice. But it seems like some of what homa predicted has come true. I am really concerned that all the recent controversial Armani threads are missing from hair loss help. If Farrel hasn't been paid off like homa claims, then where are these Armani threads and why isn't anyone voicing their concerns about him over there anymore?

I am posting my concerns on this forum instead of hair loss help because I'm afraid that speaking out there will get me banned. As a precaution, I am posting under a different name on this forum.

But I think Farrel owes us an explanation as to why he is censoring posters from expressing concerns about Dr. Armani instead of sweeping these concerns under the carpet. I also don't think it's right that we have to walk on eggshells over there fearing that voicing an opinion that disagrees with Farrel will get us banned, like latinlotus. Farrel's silence over the last few weeks has been deafening.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is migrating the threads, photos, etc... from the old forum to the new one.

Also, I think you should voice your concerns about the threads on HLH--I highly doubt Farrel will have an issue with it.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Maybe Jason, but I'm not referring to the patient web pages with photos, I'm talking about forum discussion threads. Don't you find it strange that the only ones that appear to be missing are the controversial ones about Armani? They used to be plastered over almost every hair transplant topic page but now there aren't any icon_confused.gif

Desperately Seeking Hair,

Though Homa's claim that Dr. Armani paid off Farrel to remove certain threads are unsubstantiated, I too find it funny that the only threads that appear to be missing are unfavorable discussions about Dr. Armani.

It also appears that many members who have spoken out against Dr. Armani or have questioned Farrel's motives have been quickly banned. LatinLotus and Tsakalos are too such recent examples. Therefore, since you enjoy your membership at Hair Loss Help, I can understand using a different alias here to express your concerns.

I hope that Farrel hasn't stooped so low as to prevent members and guests from reading and posting their real concerns about Dr. Armani and his practice. This kind of censorship would be a detriment to prospective patients who have a right to hear both sides of an argument and make well informed decisions.

I look forward to hearing Farrel's response on this issue.

All the Best,

Bill

• Administrators

Desperately Seeking Hair,

Apparently you are one of the few members of the patient based community to have the courage to voice your concern that Farrel, the owner and moderator of the Hair Loss Help, is sweeping criticisms of his advertising client - Dr. Alvi Armani - under the rug on his forum.

Dr. Armani sued me and this community for enabling members the right to criticize his work and lack of ethics. Apparently Farrel decided it was more convenient to sweep negative comments about Dr. Armani under the rug than stand up to Dr. Armani.

So who in the online patient community actually cares about keeping forums credible and free of covert manipulation? Those who have the balls to say so publicly are free to post a reply below - at least on this forum.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Guys, I don't see what the fighting is about. Though I admit, I am not that familiar with the history.

All I know is that it's very fishy that the only threads missing from hair loss help are controversial Dr. Armani posts. And where are the other outspoken members that I've seen post concerns publicly on the Armani lawsuit thread?

Jason, are you going to post my concerns over there like you promised, or are you afraid you'll get banned from there also?

Jason,

Frankly, Pat's right.

There was a time when you were a real crusader for this community and stood to defend it against anyone who terrorized it. In recent times however, you've become adverse to our purpose and have worked to undermine our credibility on this and other forums. Yet, it's interesting that you are the forerunner to defend everyone else.

Not only have I seen you sit on the sidelines while our community has been attacked by a small group of misfits on another forum, you've joined in. I haven't forgotten how you created a thread about me on this same forum questioning my sincerity and heart for patients. On a personal note, this is when our friendship ended since I have no respect for backstabbers.

Nonetheless, I find it hypocritical that you now have the nerve to preach why members here shouldn't be allowed to express their legitimate concerns about Hair Loss Help on this forum.

If anyone should be offering an apology, it should you for all the back handed remarks you've made about us over the last year and for failing to defend us against those who've attempted to tear this community down.

Take the high road for once and stand tall against those who attempt to destroy this patient based community instead of being part of the problem.

Regards,

Bill

Another poster banned on Hair Loss Help.

It seems that what Homa is alleging regarding HLH becomes more and more plausible. If deleting negative threads about dr. Armani is not enough, the next step would be to delete the posters who don't agree with dr. Armani's ethic or approach. BTW, i am obviously not the only one banned. Throughout the years, many posters who questioned dr. Armani's work on HLH had been regularly banned, while not one of his cheerleaders got banned.

The explanation Farrel gave for banning me is really bs. Contrary to Homa, I don't have much against HLH. I actually applauded Farrel for disclosing the fact that negatives threads regarding Armani were deleted (by a hacker as Farrel claimed). What I find really disgusting are the allegations by Homa that those negatives threads were in fact deleted on purpose by Farrel in exchange of monetary compensation. This, if it is the truth, will destroy the whole credibility of HLH.

I also never agreed with hacking on other sites, as it is illegal. I even posted regarding this view. However, sometimes the end justifies the means, as maybe in this case where HLH bias in favor of one of its biggest advertisers, dr. Armani is sickening. Nevertheless, I did not condemn HLH, and like most other posters, I asked Homa to disclose his evidence. So far, all bit and piece information, are pointing toward to collusion between HLH and dr. Armani, and I just stated that as my opinion from a reasonable person.

As for dr. Armani, despite his limited ethics (in terms of his marketing hype and tactics) and limited skills (yes IMO he is not a very good doctor based on his FUE results so far), I did find his strip results very good. It is no longer relevant as he no longer offer this procedure. In addition, contrary to some who may think that dr. Armani is too aggressive, I find that he is just offering what the patients want. His empathy toward his patients is very refreshing.

All of this, of course, is not sufficient for dr. Armani where any criticism, or even a balanced view, can't be tolerated. And that, IMO the main reason why HLH banned me.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

I was one the biggest Farrel haters but realized hes a nobody . A silly little forum owner. What he does doesnt affect me one bit.

If his posters cant see through his deceit then oh well thats on them ,but that doesnt really matter as no one posts because hes there .

Hell ,Hitler could be the moderator and there would still be members because people want to research every available forum.

If I was on his site I would just avoid any Armani subjects and take what you can from the others

For over a year 5 out of 6 threads were bashing Armani by a ton of different posters so I see why alot of people are wondering about him right now when those threads are gone .

Like BSpot said they will probably be back on in the future but right now it looks very suspicious so I understand everyones concerns.

I had some rather odd pictures sent to me of Farrel and if you seen them you would soon realize what a weirdo he is.

Hes basically Don Knotts, Danny Devito, Peewee Herman , Frank Abagnale , Peter Pan, Rupal , Simon Bar Sinister , and a chuckhole gangster all rolled up into one.

I know there has been a few threads on hlp about htn that were left open far to long about bullshit so I understand Pat and Bills stand.

I also know that Bspot is a good dude .and means well.

With all these recent allegations they will play it safe in all areas ,delay stuff and use spin tactics but who cares unless you'll a potential Armani patient.

I personally would avoid Armani like the plague and just ignore Farrel and remember there a two posters that get paid and that is Pats 205 and some chump MMA guy.. Most dont know MMA will be getting a steep discount on his next procedure. He slipped up and reminded a quiet but disgruntled Armani patient that he thought he could trust hoping he would join the crusade . Go figure

please grow please---- regarding your MMAGUY comments.... this clown has been doing the same show on HLH for years now and thinks that just cause he goes into a H&W result thread every so often and says 'looks really good, im happy for you' that we cant see his real purpose.. if hes recieved ANYTHING or stands to based on his ADMITTED cheerleading then that changes everything, hes already a first class scumbag, so this would suprise me VERY little

bspot-- a couple years ago on HLH i was a baby poster and posted concerns about my situation, and my next move... you were one of the few who took the time for a very detailed response to me, you helped me a great deal back then... your getting reamed and both sides may be right, or wrong i have no idea, but ive seen u post alot and i feel you are a good guy.just wanted to tell you that.

as for the topic at hand, i can say two things for sure. i have been very vocal about Armani, and PATS205 over on HLH. as of now ive not been banned... and if what HOMA is claiming is valid then WHERE THE F*CK IS HE and wheres his proof. why the vanishing act homa?. could swear that 2 weeks ago you were passionate as hell.. i cant crusify based on hearsay

but it IS a fact that over on HLH it have been VERY VERY quiet since the 'shutdown'... not to mention PATS205(a constant poster for YEARS and ARMANIS REP) is nowhere to be found...i dont know why? do any of you?

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Jason,

As the expression goes, "If the shoe fits, wear it".

Calling you a backstabber is suitable since you posted deragatory remarks about me on another forum calling me all but a sell-out. Instead, you could have reserved judgement on things you knew nothing about and expressed your concerns to me privately. Frankly, your lucky my tolerance level is high or you'd have been banned a long time ago.

It's interesting now that you reserve judgement against Farrel and waiting for the evidence to draw a conclusion. However, I find it odd that you don't seem to have even one reservation that the only posts missing on Hair Loss Help are unfavorable Armani discussion topics. Yet, you are quick to condemn us on issues you know nothing about. It's these kind of inconsistencies that prove you are biased against and working to undermine the credibility of this community.

Only two long time members were banned from this site and this was for orchestrating a boycott of this site. Despite their previous constructive involvement, clearly they turned on us. And you think we should have allowed two destructive posters to continue encouraging members to boycott this site? You certainly let your personal liking of these two posters cloud your judgement and apparently still fail to see the big picture. At the same time, you've developed a disrespect for me and my position to moderate and publish this community.

Over-moderated? Why, because I post on a number of threads offering help to those who need it? This has nothing to do with moderating. This is me going above and beyond to offer help to struggling hair loss sufferers. Or did you forget that this site is first and foremost about helping balding men and women struggling with their condition?

Jason, I strongly suggest that you shape up or ship out. The words "lost my swagger" wrote resonate loudly reminding me of the constructive guidance you once gave freely to hair loss sufferers.

Today your involvement here is diminutive and you only involve yourself in political issues you have no business being included in when you choose to participate.

I'm still waiting for an apology from you.

Bill

Hey guy's no need for all this. I remember when you 2 first registered here 2004. You agreed on most everything. You both add to the community. Hairloss site politics is B.S. There is enough information out there on all sites to make informed descions these day's.

Edit--All--Please accept my apologies for expressing my opinion and requiring some actual proof before I accuse people of wrongdoing.

I am just so thankful that others have only the patients best interests here on HTN.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

B Spot, The focus of this topic is the negative posts about Dr. Armani that disappeared on another forum, along with the posters who made them, not your bruised ego.

Like the hit the gopher game, when the truth is knocked down in one place it tends to pop up and show its face some where else - like this topic. Let's let others have the opportunity to share their information on this topic.

Apparently you decided, without any prompting from me or Bill, to edit your posts and express sarcasm.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Both this site and hairlosshelp have their good and BAD points. Anyone with a brain knows that. The trouble is theirs a TON of moolah to be made from bald guys misery icon_razz.gif

The main diference i see in this site and HLH is the number of people in control of swaying you one way or the other...

Coming from you Pat, calling me hypocrite means so much.

My ego has nothing to do with it, just as you cannot deal in a factual, non-agenda driven debate.

Like I said, I'm just so glad a saint like yourself is watching over us.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Jason,

It's clear that I now have to quote you first before replying since you appear as of late to be quick to edit your posts. I guess I would too if my argument was weak, foolish, and hypocritical.

I guess it's also easier to ignore my comments about backbiting since you clearly have no excuse. A simple apology and admittance of poor judgement and unprofessionalism would have been sufficient, but clearly too big of a step for you.

Bill

oh boy, Bspot, i am going to go with my gut here are say that i do belive you do things with good intentions at all times.. as i said earlier ive known you to be nothing but a help to me and the hair loss community..... but you know what.... editing all your posts was, IMO, bull s*** as you have erased anything you represented in this debate..... that is a joke. there was no reason for you to back down from valid points and frankly im a little bothered with the fact that you fled. why? there was nothing wrong with your previous posts, but now they are gone. IMO you should stand by your words next time. why would you not?

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

B spot and Bill, you guys are hijacking this thread, which should be about the credibility of hairloss web sites in general, and in particular, about Hair Loss Help.

BTW Bill, B spot already edited his posts, stop beating a dead horse.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley