Doubles on hairline

hey there,

it was my understanding that a combination of singles and doubles are used in the hairline. Think of it like this, I seriously doubt your bodies natural hairline came in only singles. Rather a combination of singles and doubles.

Perhaps some pics would give us a better feel of what your looking at.

Anything worth doing is never easy

Thanks HairToday,

I would post some pics but I pulled out the one hair of most the doubles and it looked better to me. I'm only at a little over 3 months so it's not mature yet and hard to tell how well the doubles will blend in once mature.

Rambler,

In my opinion, single hairs directly on the hairline provide the most natural appearance. Doubles can be used behind the hairline but may have a tendency to look unnatural if applied directly on the hairline.

Be sure to consult with your physician and ask him about what he did and his reasons.

Best wishes,

Bill

Rambler,

I highly doubt that you are seeing all the hairs that are going to sprout in your hairline. At this stage ( only three months), only a small percentage of your total graft count is coming through so just try to be patient and wait it out. You'll have more grafts coming in and the final result should show a big difference.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

On average 50% of follicular units are 2 hairs, 25% 1 and 25% 3 or more. At any time 10% of your hairs are in the resting phase. At that time it is difficult to see those resting even under the best magnification. It's possible that some of the 2 hairs were cut as one but had one "hiding". It's also possible that some of the 2 hair FU were put in the holding receptacle with the singles by mistake.

As others have stated wait for full growth and then evaluate the look. What ever you do DO NOT pull the hairs out you could damage or kill the follicle if done repeatedly.

Be patient and good luck

I am a hair restoration client and have 10 years experience in the hair restoration industry, all my views are my own

It's also possible that some of the 2 hair FU were put in the holding receptacle with the singles by mistake.

It would be possible but only if the techs were unsupervised rookies. Rambler's techs were anything but.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Bill,

No, they are definitely double units.

Jotronic,

Actually I believe all of the hairs directly on the hairline have sprouted. The 2's I'm seeing are mostly in the temporal area hairline. Along the front they are all singles. I'll give it another month or so and when they grow back I'll send you a pic.

I would give it more time to determine the outcome of the HT. wait at least until the 6 or 9 month mark to analyze what are singles and doubles. Looking at my hairline immediately after surgery its still hard to tell exactly what was done w/out a magnifying glass or some sort of magnification

Anything worth doing is never easy

Rambler,

I agree with Joe to give it time. Perhaps the hairs that have grown in at this early stage are actually behind the hairline and the hair in front hasn't sprouted yet.

Feel free to post a picture so we can see what you are referring to.

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill,

I'll give it more time but I'm pretty sure all of the hairs on the immediate hairline have sprouted, especially in the temporals.

As I said, the frontal hairline appears to be all singles, but the temporals are where there are 2's up front.

Here's a photo (w/flash) of a temporal but I already halved out the 2's. I'm pretty sure there aren't any more coming in in front of what's there in this area .. with the exception of the very top corner. There are a few there ready to come out. I'm 3.5 months.

cropped.jpg.f2c1f981082eb66c1077a87b234c656d.jpg

Originally posted by Jotronic:
It's also possible that some of the 2 hair FU were put in the holding receptacle with the singles by mistake.

It would be possible but only if the techs were unsupervised rookies. Rambler's techs were anything but.

This would be a perfect time to bring up a previous debate, regarding whether it matters if the doc places any / most / none of the grafts.

I highly doubt this is possible at H&W, but if there is a chance; wouldn't it be more likely to be caught if the doctor is placing grafts along side a tech?

Now, I think there are other good effects of the doctor doing this, but here is just an example. I only bring this up as the phoneguy and I were scoffed at for putting any importance to this apparant phenomenon....

As Dr. Feller would say, case closed! icon_smile.gif

Note, this has nothing to do with H&W as I think their reputation is great. But, I'm just using this thread as an example.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Rambler you have nothing to worry about .

My doctor placed ALL my grafts my first surgery and he put 2 hair grafts in the hairline.

Of course this was Nuhart but Ive read hundreds of testimonies about how all the top clinics doctors come in and out all through surgery and most importantly CHECK the work when its completed. By the way H@W will not let "rookies" place grafts. Anyone new once trained will start at the cutting table or somewhere else. There are different levels of techs at each place. More then half the doctors do the hairline themselves then let the techs take over. Youve seen the H@W website and hundreds of pics on here.

Dewaynes doc Dr Cooley places half of the grafts which is great now go look at his website and ask yourself does it really matter .

who places the grafts.

What matters is WHERE you go . I know any little comment that anyone makes at this state can effect you . Dont believe the hype and youll be fine

Bill you mean Rambler I hope your not plucking them. If you have been dont worry they will grow back .

I use to pluck the 10 twos that sob put in my hairline but doing so your taking a chance they could be destroyed .I pucked mine every month for a year and they all grew back .Now they are hidden by singles .Thank you Dr Shapiro icon_smile.gif

Bill,

yes that's what I mean. I plucked out 1 of the 2's that were together to see if it would make a difference visually. With just single hairs it looks fine, but doubles on the hairline just look too big.

I really don't think any more single hairs are going to grow in front of these.