transplant ASAP

Alot of you guys talk about going seeing doctors heaps of times etc?

I live in sydney australia, there are only 2 or 3 or 4 doctors here.

When i make a decision to do it. I want to get the transplant ASAP.

I want to go there the first day, get the dr to draw on my head, where he plans to put the transplanted hairs.

Then i plan to book it on the spot, and have the proceedure done a week later or so?

AM i crazy? is it more complicated than i think?

why do you have to go there so many times? and post operation - do you have to keep going back alot? besides getting the stiches out? why else do u need to go there?

Alot of you guys talk about going seeing doctors heaps of times etc?

I live in sydney australia, there are only 2 or 3 or 4 doctors here.

When i make a decision to do it. I want to get the transplant ASAP.

I want to go there the first day, get the dr to draw on my head, where he plans to put the transplanted hairs.

Then i plan to book it on the spot, and have the proceedure done a week later or so?

AM i crazy? is it more complicated than i think?

why do you have to go there so many times? and post operation - do you have to keep going back alot? besides getting the stiches out? why else do u need to go there?

GFS,

No, you're not crazy, but you have to consider something. Any clinic that is worth considering will be booked out well beyond the week that you are hoping for. In other words, it will be quite difficult to find a reputable clinic that isn't booked for at least a few months out so arriving one day for a consult and then scheduling for the next week is not realistic.

What you should do however is fill out a consultation form found on most of the better clinics' websites. You can get a strong idea of what the clinic recommends and it should be pretty accurate if the clinic is used to this medium and if you provide well taken, clearly focused pics. This is how 3/4 of our patients get their consultations, through email. They then schedule their procedure and show up the day before so that we can make sure that everything matches up. This works very well for us.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hey Aussie

First you have to select a doctor.. Many times you can get a appt through cancellation rathr quick. The problem would be the airfare ticket would be HUGE due to short notice ..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

So your saying that i can get a consultation over the internet?

then go in the day before my surgery, just to finalise things?

Dont they need to do some testing or something?

would it really take a few months? to get an oppointment for the operation?

Is anyone from sydney australia here? how long did you guys have to wait to get your surgery? are the surgeons really booked out months in advance?

guyfromsydney: you crack me up. Im just like you, I dont want to have to book my appointment and wait months. Shit, Ill probably be stressing every day over it. I want the doc to come over to my house, have a few beers, draw on my head (maybe him and the techs can play tick tack toe on my head) then put as many hairs on top of my head as possible.

No seriously though,Im with you, if I go through with this I would HATE to have to wait months stressing it.

LOL... Waiting FOR the HT is the EASY part. Its waiting for everything to grow, that is the HARD part!

GL.

You made the 1st hard step, and thats making your way here. Do lots of reading and continue to ask as many questions necessary.

3147 ish) grafts Dr. Konior

No meds.

guyfromSydney

Im from Sydney as well.

The guys here give solid advice so lsiten to them.

I went to see Dr Barry White in Edgecliff. He is a hack and a conman.

Down the road, crammed in somewhere between Bentleys, Ferraris and poodle pampering shops in Double Bay is Dr Russel Kdudsen.

He?‚??s got a decent rep but have not seen anything from him.

Dr Jeenifer Martinick is in Perth, have not heard much good nor bad reg her either.

The only guaranteed great doc in Sydney is Dr Woods.

He is the founder and most likely the best in FUE surgery.

www.thewoodstechnique.com

Check it out.

i heard dr wood is only as good as the others yet charges 3 or 4 times as much.

Do you have any idea of his pricing policy?

i was actually considering seeing dr knudsen.

I saw a hair trapsplant dr advertised i think in liverpoool sydney? have you heard of any drs who perfrom transplants there?

Yeah thats Dr Woods in liverpool.

Think he's moving into the city though.

Dr Woods pricing is actually quite normal for FUE.

The other doctors you have seen have probably been offering strip surgery, which is cheaper and quite different altogether.

hey GFS,

I faced the same situation when I flew 3000 miles away to have Dr Wong do my HT. I did go out once for a consultation, then again for the procedure. I never went back for a follow up though. I just took a staple removal kit with me and took out my staples myself. It wasnt easy mind you, looking backwards holding a mirror in one hand and removing my staples with the other hand,,,,,hurt like hell too as I remember, but I have had medical experience so it wasnt new to me to remove staples,,,just never done it on myself before. My point is that staple removal is fairly simple and just about anyone could do it for you, if travel to your surgeon is difficult or expensive. The two trips to Vancouver was totally worth it by the way.