Propecia increased hairloss

VaM

Hi All,

I started using propecia 2 weeks back and i notice more hairloss...I am tottally perplexed now...Is that a normal experience during the initial phase? How long do i lose before it stops icon_frown.gif

Should i refrain from having sex/masturbation?

-Crazy

Hi VaM,

In answer to your questions...

1)Absolutely normal

2)Definitely not! icon_smile.gif

If you want the propecia to work you've got to stay on it. Unless you are experiencing any of the more serious side effects for an extended period of time stick with it.

All the best

I went on propecia and rogain three months ago. Shedding was absolutely disgusting...handful some days... tons of hair was falling out in the morning and at night. I stayed with the products and it has finally subsided and significantly decreased. The wait is hard though. Now I am starting to get growth again.

Stay with the products. It will get better

i was shedding also the first month week. I think it stopped right after a month.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

You know what Bill, I had good density and almost full coverage before using propecia...

I started using propecia to make hair more think and completely stop hair fall....But its not working that way and i am afraid that i will lose all hair if i use for 1 year icon_frown.gif

Since all members say that it will grow back the fallen hair ...i am still using it!!

Hey VM, I remember, that I had a bit of shedding too...not sure to what extent. Definitely check in with a doc, or maybe more than one to get second opinion. As far as sex/masturbation, can't imagine the two (or three)should interfere.

I'm just starting month eleven on propecia and have done nothing but lose lose lose since I have been on it, starting at around six months noticed definite loss in the crown and for the last two months or so have been noticing a lot of hair in the sink, hair quality is thinner and weaker, losing more in the anterior scalp even I think some of my transplanted hair. should I wait the full year to see if there will be regrowth or should I start tapering off now?

BTW, My doctor did blood work on me and said everything looks great.

also, has anyone noticed a little muscle atrophy while on propecia? I work out and don't seem to be able to get the same pump I used to before starting it.

this is not what i wanna read after just starting propecia and my hairs shedding too!!! FORGODSAKE MAN!!!! ive gone thin hair but looks ok, im taking it so i dont lose anymore, now im worried it will speed it up and im making it worse formyself

ahhhhhhh

mon

in my opinion dont take propecia i too started with it but after a month's period

i decided its better to be a bald man then to be a harmonally distinct creature .side effects of propecia are still unknown

avaoid using it as far as possible

u can use herbal treatments like ayurveda or some himalaya tablets atleast they dont have any side effects rather they have positive effect on your body as well if not on hairs specifically

Many, many prescription and even non prescription medications cause some annoying side effects ,,, dehydration is a very common one to experience.

(Finasteride)Propecia a hair loss medication targets the skin and hair follicles. Sometimes affecting the bodies ability to sweat and regulate body temperature. Only way to combat this is lots of water ... maybe keep a bottle of water beside your bed at night.

Just rest assured this is a to be expected side effect and nothing to worry about. Annd one you can live with if the drug actually works, right?

I am spam