A-symmetrical, High hairline

I'm a 16 year old male and I've always had a high, a-symmetrical hairline. I've been looking back at some old school pictures, and I look like an idiot. I'm trying to grow out my hair, but it's not really turning out so good at the moment, because my hair's pretty curly. Can I have my hairline lowered and adjusted? Am I old enough?

Cap'in,

Welcome to our community.

Honestly, you are WAY too young to even consider any kind of hairline adjustment, hairline lowering, or hair transplant procedure.

Androgenic Alopecia (male pattern baldness) is a condition that typically starts affecting males in their early to mid 20s and continues over time. Since you are only 16, there are just too many question marks as to what the future of your hair holds. If you haven't experienced any hair loss or only a little by the time you are close to 30, start researching and consulting with hair restoration physicians about your hairline lowering options.

In the meantime, you have your whole life ahead of you. If you don't like your hairline, consider alternative hairstyles that will help conceal the areas you are unhappy with.

Best wishes,

Bill

Cap'in Ginger, I started losing my hair much younger than I thought was fair, so I can relate to your wanting to look into other options. But I've gotta tell you I agree with the other guys here - whatever is going on with your hair - be it stress, or just your natural hairline, you're way too young to be experiencing male pattern baldness. Look into other options for now, you're a long ways away from considering a HT.

No need to even worry about that right now. You are way to young. Focus on being a kid while you still can and enjoy your life. You should be out chasing chicks not worrying about your hair. 15 years down the line if it still bothers you or you have some degree of hairloss then your options will be a lot better. because as of right now you have none.

You look as symetric as any of us non-movie stars. You should be worrying about lots of other things kids your age worry about, but not hair.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

"especially with my fat head"

BEHAVE!

son,you will look back at that fat head in 20 years and wonder what the fuck you were thinking!

seems to me you have a bit of a warped self image thing going on,stop looking in the mirror and go out and enjoy yourself.

my missus is a hairdresser and she reckons your hair flat to your head like that is not complimenting your face shape.ie get a style.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Cap'in,

I know it's easier to say than truly believe, but you are always going to be your worst critic. Nobody likes everything about themselves...but to us, our imperfections are amplified while the majority of the rest of the world won't even notice. But honestly, as a third party objective witness, your hair looks just fine.

You are only 16 and have a long and bright future ahead of you. Don't let worries about how your hairline looks get in the way of pursuing your dreams and desires.

Best wishes,

Bill

I agree with everyone on here. Your options at your young age are:

1) Start to like what you look like. Very few of us look like movie stars. Besides your a decent looking kid, add some personality, a part time job to make some money to take chicks out on dates and you'll be better off with the ladies than some a$$hole kid with a low hair line.

2) Shave it. You said you dont like it but give it a try next summer.

3) Wear a hat, beanie, bandana, Do-rag ... what have you. I see plenty of kids who always wear a hat. It kind of flattens hair out more so it looks worse when you take it off but it might hide your hair for the necessary 14 years until you are more eligible for a hair transplant.

Some rough advice but like Bill said ... you asked for advice ans we gave it ... we never said you'd like our advice icon_wink.gif

SDM

I would not start hiding under a hat. Let people see you the way you are.

I would say grow it a lot longer then go to a a really good hairstylist.

No Doctor will perform ht surgery on you @ your age.

Personaly, I'm with the others. You look fine to us.

Good luck, Atomic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...