Appearance weeks after

Considering an HT, 2500 grafts, in late December, with Haber.

Based on some of the posts, and checking some weblogs, I'm wondering how visible and obvious a HT is after two weeks, one month, or even three months. I've noticed many people have redness on the scalp or visible scarring from the donor area not only after two weeks, but even several months later. It seems to vary greatly by individual. I also noticed it is often the case the transplant receiving area gets shaved, making it even more obvious something drastic has happened.

Man, I was hoping to not have my co-workers all notice the transplant, but it does not look like there would be any way around this. Comments?

Factoid: I would have my hair grown about 1 1/2" inches by time of the surgery.

For 4-5 weeks at least, people will notice that you look different.

For exactly 6 weeks post-surgery, I wore a hat or a bandana whenever I went out. After 6 weeks, I cut the rest of my hair pretty short to blend in with my shaved (transplanted) portion. Since then, I don't have to usually wear a hat when going out. A little bit of Toppik does the trick. I am hoping that at the 5 month mark, I won't have to use even the Toppik.

So plan on wearing a hat/bandana and/or some sort of concealers for the first couple of months at least.

Use my story. You were cutting your own hair, made a nasty mistake and had to cut down the rest to even it out. If you shave down make sure you have some dermmatch for your donor scar.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I went to Dr. Cooley for my two transplants. Dr. Cooley DID NOT shave my recipient areas. All redness was gone and no one noticed a thing by Day 8 post-op for both transplants.

After choosing the physician to perform your hair transplant you need to express your concerns about not wanting the transplant to be visible by co-workers. They should explain to you what your options are and create a game plan that you feel comfortable with. Just ask as many questions as necessary to make you feel confident with your choices.

today was my first day back at work after my HT 5 days ago. My head is a purple red colour and its really really obvious. I work in a team of 10 in an open plan office.No one wears a hat there. Its an engineering department. I walked in and said to the boss Hi Al, I have to wear this hat because last week i had some surgery done on my head and it dosnt look very nice so the doc told me to wear a hat(Baseball cap) for a few weeks. I said it loud enough so most of the others heard. i explained the same to a couple of others as well who came in later. One tried to pump me for more info but I said it was a personal thing that i needed to have done and Im ok, nothing life threatening. that was it. theyll be used to me wearing the hat soon. Ill wear it for as long as i need to. cheers

Hey tstan,

if you look at my blog, you'll see I keep my hair about your same length. I usually wear my bangs down. And since my last two HT physicians did not shave my receipient, no one could see my transplants or pink scalp. My redness on top was about about a week or so later.

That's my own experience - hope it helps.