shape-shifting proscar!? help please

lost my swagger

i have a perscription for 5MG proscar, perscribed BY A DR, which i cut into 4s.. i pick it up at wal-mart...

my pills have ALWAYS been circular and white...i just got back with a refill and i open my bottle to see these LOOOONG oval shaped BLUE pills..... there BLUE!... what the hell...

im pretty sure i can rely on a phamacy to NOT give me fakes but im curious. what color are your guys PROSCAR???

has anyone has a similar experience?? thanks

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

yup mine too have always been blue dude icon_smile.gif

2 poor very poor UK ht's

2 world class repairs with Shapiro Medical Group

original thread

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...d.php?t=134995

Dr Paul's procedure http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1710

Dr Ron's procedure

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1128

----- i guess the question i should have asked this whole time is 'whats that WHITE crap ive been stuffing down my throat this whole thing!

anyway spex my pill does not even look like yours either its looong and blue.. imagine a thin long rectangle but with rounded edges(if that makes sense)...

anyone else have proscar shaped like that?? i dont know much about Rx so i dont know if its common to have different variations of the same medication i guess.

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

I've been buying Proscar for years, they have always looked like the one in the photo. I've had them from Farjo, various online stores, and pharmacies in Thailand and Spain - they have never changed for me.

proscar.JPG.cec4116e20aade1381c73bc9e278ab82.JPG

When I went to see Hasson in feb. 2008 and started on proscar I used the drug store right down the street from them and subsequently kept ordering from them for over a year and they were just like the blue ones pictured,Then I switched to my local pharmacy [riteaid] this past summer and they were the round white pills.I do know the blues cut up better and easier....

Dr Hasson 2-08

• 1 month later...
When I went to see Hasson in feb. 2008 and started on proscar I used the drug store right down the street from them and subsequently kept ordering from them for over a year and they were just like the blue ones pictured,Then I switched to my local pharmacy [riteaid] this past summer and they were the round white pills.I do know the blues cut up better and easier....

Dr Hasson 2-08

So are the white ones still OK or are they junk? I've just got my prescription from a Canadian Pharmacy and I got these circle white ones... WHat gives here?

Hey Mrgiant,

I have also replied to your thread in the hair loss drug section. If you purchased them from a genuine pharmacy, I wouldn't be overly concerned, however, as I stated in the other thread - every Merck branded Proscar I have seen has been the of the blue type as pictured in my above post.

Mine are blue but they are long and oval. They are dr. reddy generic and i get them from my local pharmacy. ive been on them 6 months and i cant tell if they are working or not. some days i feel like they are, others i dont. im taking pictures to keep track.

everyone tells me the generics are fine as long as they are from a legit source, which they are, but i kinda was expecting to see better results, or atleast results where i knew it was working

Note this is a "generic" 1 mg finasteride tablet.

Interesting, since there is an active patent on Merck's 1 mg tablet, "Propecia", and producing, distributing and selling of a 1mg finasteride formulation I believe is not legal. (This may be why it says for export only.)So you would need to be careful when it comes to the one mg finasteride "generics".

finasteride_1_mg.jpg.4447feab760e02448fb55389b9d2d48d.jpg

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors