can you tell?

For those who don't know any better...possibly. You could explain it away to a rash, sunburn, etc.

Anyone that's ever seen an HT before would know.

You're probably asking the wrong people here, though. We all know what to look for!

Good luck!

S5H

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Keene

3700+ Grafts with Dr. Keene 8/26/08 & 8/27/08

9600+ Total Hairs

Looks good to me. I doubt it will be noticed at all. If anybody does, tell them you started Rogaine and it irritates your scalp, or sunburn, or something like that. I don't think it will be noticed, though. Pinkness like that generally isn't. Dark redness is one thing, but that's just light pinkness.

Stimpson

Nah, you look good and I doubt anyone will notice. My healing was been fairly slow and still no one has a clue. Thank you concealer's. A little toppik and dermmatch will go along way in disguising the procedure.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I appreciate all of it. As an update, seeing less color and more transplanted hairs are falling out, all of which help. I went out to lunch with a friend on Wednesday and was very comfortable with taking my hat off. No unusual stares which I would have noticed. Of course, and I understand, that is much different than work environment. About the concealers, I wanted to wait at least four weeks before using any concealer. I read somewhere you should wait four weeks to color hair so I am thinking (maybe incorrectly) four weeks would be the time frame for concealer. Thanks, again, and I will keep you posted.

Anyone have good advice on what to put on a bad sunburn (just kidding).

Someone may notice the pinkness. The question is, will people recognize the pinkness as the result of HT surgery? I can't imagine they will.

You should discuss with your clinic the idea of blending away the color with makeup.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

If someone say's something, just get a real confused/surprised look on your face and say

"really?"

That type of response ususally ends the discussion quickly.

I think it scares them off because they realize that they may tipped you off to something serious.

How old are you and #of grafts by which doctor?

You worry too much. I don't see anything ressembling HT.

If asked, just say you had a new shampoo or sunburn.

Why don't you share with us some pictures?

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Again, thanks to everyone for their feedback. Been back to work since Monday and no one has said a word. I did get a couple of odd stares but have no clue what they were thinking. I guess, in the scheme of things, if the results turn out as expected, going back to work with some coloring was not big deal. Like some of you said, I think I was worrying too much. On Monday and Tuesday, I met with individuals at work. Today was more challenging. There was a larger meeting and I ended up presenting to the group. I actually felt quite confident with my appearance. Although there is some coloring that remains, I like the hairs that have not fallen out yet and that seem to give me more confidence.

I have a blog (new2site) which I will update as soon as I get batteries for the camera. Boy, those batteries don't last long.

Thanks, again, to everyone. I appreciate all of the comments.

How does the donor area on the sides and back look ? If the "cut" is not showing I think that you native hair you have with the new grafts you will be fine. I had my HT procedure done on November 14th and just got the sutures out yesterday Dec. 3rd because it was a 1.8 cm x 36 donor area cut so when the sutures were in my head you could see them on the sides but the back was covered. Now that the sutures are out I can see the donor area on the right side because that side I guess was thinner than the right and I am looking for something. That is the only reason people could notice I had something done. I guess we will find out with the Christmas party's this weekend and next weekend.

Thanks eman and also Bill for adding the signature link.

TonySC

The donor area looks fine. Dr. Bernstein suggested a haircut I think around three weeks prior to the procedure to cover the 'cut' and so far, so good---both back and side. Others on this site have suggested putting something over the areas to help cover. I wanted to wait at least four weeks before doing that. I don't appear to have significant shock loss (at least at this point). Not really sure how long I need to be concerned about that, though. My advice from recent personal experience is don't worry about it. Even is they notice something, I don't think they will have a clue.