FUECAPILAR, Dr Turan, 3700 grafts, 1 year post HT - I need your advice!

Posted (edited)

Hello guys,

I have decided to write this post after a bit more than one year post my HT surgery to ask your opinion on the result of it and to ask for advice whether I should go for a revision surgery or not.

I will try to keep it short and concise so here is how things went, I'm writing what I remember from 1 year ago so I may miss some details but I remember very well the important facts:

• I got to Istanbul and got transferred to the hotel on a Sunday afternoon then later I've got to the clinic for some blood tests and then I was brought back to the hotel.

Day-1:

• The next morning I went to the clinic where I've met my translator John (who is a very niece guy and very helpful) then I've met a few other people from the team.
  • I had the first discussion with Dr. Turan when he assessed my hair and we discussed about the medication I take for my hair loss and how things are going currently.
  • Next I've had my head shaved then another assessment was made regarding the state of the door area and they calculated the approximate amount of grafts needed for me.
  • Then I've discussed again with Dr. Turan about the total number of grafts needed and the HT plan and afterwards I've made the payment for the HT.
  • Next the procedure started, one guy did manual harvesting of the grafts and some other girl gathered the harvested grafts.
  • After a short break, Dr. Turan came and implanted the first grafts in the frontal area.
  • I've got the lunch break where I was waiting and eating a very nice meal in a separate room, not meeting with the other guy who was having his HT in the same day.
    • Then I've realised that the doctor is doing 2 HTs in one day and not only one. The other guy needed more time than me so the dr. was quite busy with him.
  • After the break the same guy did some more manual harvesting and some motorised harvesting as well and a girl gathered the harvested grafts.
  • After a short break Dr. Turan came and implanted the rest of the grafts harvested filling half of my frontal area.
    • After the first day I had implanted aprox. 1000 grafts out of 3700 grafts. The procedure started quite late due to the consultation and planning so I found this quite normal given the situation.
  • At about 8-9 PM I was brought back to the hotel after the bandages were applied to the donor area.

Day-2:

• The next morning I've started the day early, at aprox. 9 AM and I've got straight to the harvesting procedure.
  • The same guy did a bit more manual harvesting and more motorised harvesting and some other girl gathered the harvested grafts.
  • After a short break Dr. Turan came and implanted the rest of the grafts needed in the frontal area.
  • Then I had the lunch break again in a separate room (very nice lunch as well) and I didn't meet the other guy who had his hair transplant in the same day.
    • I've meet the guy randomly at the hotel on day 3 and found out he had the HT in the same day as my day 2 and he was transplanted about 3000 grafts.
  • After the break the same guy did more grafts harvesting and they were gathered by another assistant.
  • Then Dr. Turan came and implanted the rest of the grafts - 2700 grafts in one day.
  • After the bandages were applied I was brought back to the hotel again quite late, aprox. 8-9 PM

Day-3:

• I've had the first wash after the HT and I was explained the next steps and what happened during the procedure by a different doctor and by John.
  • I've been then brought to the airport and I had my flight home.

----------------

Conclusions:

Good:

1. The hotel was nice and clean, it was cosy and quiet, so I didn't need anything else
  2. The clinic looked clean and the staff was professional
  3. John, the translator was a very nice guy and very communicative, he explained all the steps very well and was very professional as well
  4. Dr. Turan was nice as well, he explained to me what the plan is and talked to me about what I want (through the translator John), he also asked me if everything was OK during the HT
  5. The lunch from the clinic was very nice and tasty as well
  6. I was treated well so nothing to complain from this point of view

Bad:

1. I felt that the progress after the day 1 was quite small - 900 grafts out of 3700 planned - I found it somehow normal because we've started late
  2. The next day the procedure felt a bit rushed as the doctor was performing another big HT in the same day - 2700 grafts for me and aprox. 3000 grafts for another guy
  3. The speed of implanting the hair on day 2 felt like it was a bit rushed and the attention maybe not at full capacity as well

-----------------

Questions:

1. What do you guys think about the evolution of my HT and the 1 year result?
  2. What do you think about the result of the HT on the frontal area?
  3. Should I go for a revision HT? I don't know if I will get a better result or it will be the same as the first one....

----------------

Pictures for progress and result below:

Before HT:

initial_1.thumb.jpg.aa3431627af7a76cbf0f0cf29d05659b.jpginitial_4.thumb.jpg.796cb492b845be7b6e619dd11359dc3c.jpg

Day 1 after HT:

day_1_after_HT.thumb.jpg.e8575c5eaf425784c5e06d5d817f2cf1.jpg

Day 5 after HT:

day_5_after_HT.thumb.jpg.f009858e31f2d1e3d65ca65c9b96ca63.jpg

day_5_after_HT_2.thumb.jpg.8467411996bbe40ee1087986737af807.jpg

Day 10 after HT:

day_10_after_HT.thumb.jpg.8de5aebce7d21c763db808fea130bf97.jpg

day_10_after_HT_2.thumb.jpg.ea3936e0a7a42c4ad0db4af69855b58b.jpg

day_5_after_HT_3.thumb.JPG.6fad53d26143288e1d4e3af4537dd1cd.JPG

Month 1 after HT:

1_month_after_HT.thumb.jpg.9a9383d52227bd147592d079cee11ffe.jpg1_month_after_HT_2.thumb.jpg.906f7964bd2db0438aaab80e656d6cd1.jpg1_month_after_HT_3.thumb.jpg.2bb4f9f1f539fe3d82dfd2c91eb03532.jpg

Month 3 after HT:

3_months_after_HT.thumb.jpg.0630cf7db52b6ca61d2aacef503b91cb.jpg3_months_after_HT_2.thumb.jpg.74fb7a9ebb8b61386c0917c6341040c9.jpg

Month 6 after HT:

6_months_after_HT.thumb.jpg.9d5bc695f0d101287a7d7b00f0e7bffa.jpg6_months_after_HT_2.thumb.jpg.0431e774ae91ccd9aea94563e8f11666.jpg

Month 9 after HT:

9_months_after_HT.thumb.jpg.fea2aa663141f0792267f73f8614e212.jpg9_months_after_HT_2.thumb.jpg.311b8cd2dd9d7f4e4d0f7bf7eb0e886a.jpg

Month 12 after HT:

1_year_after_HT.thumb.jpg.b8d0d5b869eb6d54b3988a8eb238ccfb.jpg1_year_after_HT_2.thumb.jpg.2d440bf3524cacbc43ca503ac9ebfae8.jpg1_year_after_HT_3.thumb.jpg.919d92353beb468ea30f5b57feaa93ee.jpg1_year_after_HT_4.thumb.jpg.ef32a1363227f799cf39efc7cdf88b4e.jpg1_year_after_HT_5.thumb.jpg.7f259960f02b2c93e0541886b29651e0.jpg

Thank you for your help and sorry for the long post!

Edited by ValiM

• ValiM changed the title to FUECAPILAR, Dr Turan, 3700 grafts, 1 year post HT - I need your advice!

Hey there, I saw Dr. Turan almost 1/5 months ago and transplant almost same amount (3900), I experienced some good and bad thing during the procedure like you, but congratulations for the good result you haven’t got at the end. Your hair has improved a lot especially in front and mid scalp, but I seem you had better coverage in months 9 compared to 12 ! By overall it’s good result for a range of price among other surgeons.

By the way can you let me know the graphs distribution? 

• Administrators

Excellent results 

D6FB28CB-1706-41DC-A72B-AF4AB7D5274B.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Are you planning to go for second procedure?

Your frontal Hairline clearly lacks density and the second procedure can definitely strengthen it.

A few couple of hundred grafts can rebuild your Hairline nicely

On 5/18/2024 at 5:07 AM, Ramin said:

Hey there, I saw Dr. Turan almost 1/5 months ago and transplant almost same amount (3900), I experienced some good and bad thing during the procedure like you, but congratulations for the good result you haven’t got at the end. Your hair has improved a lot especially in front and mid scalp, but I seem you had better coverage in months 9 compared to 12 ! By overall it’s good result for a range of price among other surgeons.

By the way can you let me know the graphs distribution? 

Hi, the distribution was 2130 grafts in front, 600 grafts in the middle and 970 grafts for the crown area.

It looks a bit better at 9th month as it was a bit shorter and neat while at month 12 it was longer a bit and second day after I've washed it so due to sleeping on it it looks worse in the crown area.

Overall it was a good experience, I was expecting a bit more density in the frontal area, the rest is good.

18 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Are you planning to go for second procedure?

Your frontal Hairline clearly lacks density and the second procedure can definitely strengthen it.

A few couple of hundred grafts can rebuild your Hairline nicely

I am trying to decide now if I should go for a second procedure to have a bit better density in the frontal area and to have a straighter hairline as now is not that good on my right side.

On 5/18/2024 at 10:35 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

this transplant was a success tbh

ofc, if you want very high density you often need 2nd procedure

Thanks for your feedback, I am trying to decide if I should go for the second procedure for better density in the frontal area and a better hairline.

51 minutes ago, ValiM said:

Thanks for your feedback, I am trying to decide if I should go for the second procedure for better density in the frontal area and a better hairline.

i wouldnt change the hairline per se but if you want to add density to it id say you should do it, why not

• Like 1

On 5/18/2024 at 9:35 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

this transplant was a success tbh

ofc, if you want very high density you often need 2nd procedure

Exactly. I would say it is excellent.

• Moderators

The crown turned out great. There could be a bit more density along the front, but there's still a noticeable improvement.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Thank you for your opinions!

I also think that the frontal area needs more density, I know that for the crown are you cannot add a lot of density at once, but I am quite pleased with how it turned out.

As I can see in my initial pictures there was more hair implanted in the frontal area initially but not all of it lasted till the end. I am a bit worried that if I go for a revision and I add density to the front it won't last as it happened the first time.

Do you know why some of the implanted grafts in the front didn't regrow?

Thank you!

17 hours ago, translator said:

Do you know how many grafts / cm2 was implanted in the front?

Your front photos are not sharp so its hard to guess the density. The results are good overall

In the frontal area, the implanted density was 50 grafts/ cm2.

Also, I just figured out that I forgot to mention in this post that I am taking Finasteride 1mg for 1 year and 8 months now and I am using Minoxidil 5% for almost 1 year.

On 5/29/2024 at 11:11 PM, ValiM said:

Thank you for your opinions!

I also think that the frontal area needs more density, I know that for the crown are you cannot add a lot of density at once, but I am quite pleased with how it turned out.

As I can see in my initial pictures there was more hair implanted in the frontal area initially but not all of it lasted till the end. I am a bit worried that if I go for a revision and I add density to the front it won't last as it happened the first time.

Do you know why some of the implanted grafts in the front didn't regrow?

Thank you!

Have you talked with @FUECAPILAR about your concerns ? 

These are very good results for your first pass. For a completely aesthetic look you WILL need AT LEAST 2 transplants unless you are a NW2-2.5 and are just getting the hairline lowered a tad.

I would be annoyed about the service as well, but the results do speak for themselves. All you need is the hairline/corners done and you will be looking good.