Appropriate progress 3 weeks after HT or overharvesting?

Hello everyone,

I 33 (M) had a hair transplant in Instanbul, Turkey 3 weeks ago at a hair mill where they transplanted 5500 grafts via FUE in one session. Recovery has been fine from my perspective and things have been progressing as expected. Recently, I have had a dry scalp and some itching and recently had someone take pictures of my head and noticed some increased redness, scarring, thinning at my donor site (Please see pictures). I was wondering if this is concerning for over-harvesting and if there is anything I should be doing in the meantime. 

Thank you

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

• Administrators

Its too soon to form judgement, even if it was a hair mill. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I just hope it wasn't 1 day of surgery 

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

20 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

I just hope it wasn't 1 day of surgery 

Hi Doron,

Thanks for your reply! You seem to be very qualified based on your prior posts and position so really curious your thoughts on this. What are your major concerns for possible over harvesting given the pictures I posted at 3 weeks ? Obviously the clinical picture is concerning: guy going to turkey to a hair mill and getting waayyy too many grafts (classic I know). Totally understand.

I was just looking again and what's interesting is the location/pattern at the back where there is less hair: a place that might be under more pressure from lying down. Is that more or less concerning versus it being random spots? 

• Moderators

You most likely have at least some shock loss, so I would guess it will look better than it does now after several months. There’s no way to tell how much though. 5500 grafts is a lot to take out, so you’re going to be thinner in the donor area compared to before the transplant. 

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.