Hair Transplant (FUE) Cost in Tijuana, Mexico?

Posted (edited)

Hi, I live in San Francisco area, and thinking of going to Tijuana, Mexico for my hair transplant, mainly because it's fcking so expensive where I live. I reached out to couple of places in TJ for the quotations, HMR and TJ Hair Clinic. They both offered USD 6900 for 3K grafts FUE. TJ offered some additional benefits like free hotel stay, airport pickup and free 1-time PRP session. What do you guys think? It seems very cheaper as compared to what I got in my area. Thanks for any suggestions.  

Edited by shashank19
Spell mistake

I considered TJ Hair Clinic initially but I have since reconsidered because they look more like a hair mill with no certifiable doctors performing the procedures. If I had to guess between the two go with HMR, but do more research in finding a good surgeon.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm still deciding. Not sure if I need one or not. 2 clinics I've heard back from said suggested yes and one in Tijuana, Dr. Ana Hernandez of Neopel Clinic said no, that I looked perfectly fine.

Edited by rs525

Hmm, Dr. Ana Hernandez sounds genuine then. Usually these people don't lose customer/money. Hope you don't need it. I definitely need it. I'm thinking Dr. Cortez of HMR. 

• Valued Contributor
15 hours ago, shashank19 said:

Hi, I live in San Francisco area, and thinking of going to Tijuana, Mexico for my hair transplant, mainly because it's fcking so expensive where I live. I reached out to couple of places in TJ for the quotations, HMR and TJ Hair Clinic. They both offered USD 6900 for 3K grafts FUE. TJ offered some additional benefits like free hotel stay, airport pickup and free 1-time PRP session. What do you guys think? It seems very cheaper as compared to what I got in my area. Thanks for any suggestions.  

That’s a big difference from you don’t need surgery to needing 3,000 grafts? Can you share some pics of your hair loss with your eyes blocked out? For a clinic to say no is something that you should pay attention to. Did any clinic speak to you about taking medication for your hair loss if you are not already? All the best. 

On 4/2/2024 at 10:14 PM, shashank19 said:

Hmm, Dr. Ana Hernandez sounds genuine then. Usually these people don't lose customer/money. Hope you don't need it. I definitely need it. I'm thinking Dr. Cortez of HMR. 

I went to Dr. Hernandez at Neopel back in June last year.  My results 9 months on are very good IMO, and can't wait to see what they look like after a few more months.  She and her husband are awesome (they both do the procedure themselves) and won't BS you when it comes to viability of a transplant.  If I were to get a second (I'm not on board yet) I'd go there in a heartbeat.  Check out my other posts for a rundown of my experience.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, shashank19 said:

Let me reach out to them for the price quotations etc. So far I was inclined to Dr. Cortez at HMR

I believe I paid around $4500 last summer with Dr. Hernandez.  It's probably slightly higher now.  But that's a flat rate regardless of how many grafts they do.  I think they cap the number they do in one day.  I had close to 3,000 and it was an all-day affair.  Like 9:00 am - 6:00 pm or so

Edited by DoubleTalkinJive
  • Thanks 1

I have reached out to Dr. Hernandez, uploaded the pics. Waiting for their response. @DoubleTalkinJive apart from HT, what all meds you're currently taking which you think is key to success? I have never taken anything. Should I start some until I'm waiting for HT

• Administrators

Consider Dr. Nader in Reynosa.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Dr. Nader is booked for very long. I don't want to wait that long. I'm considering Dr. Hernandez at Neopel. I will share my experience. Apparently, they don't charge per graft. It's fixed price per surgery. I don't think they will go beyond 2-3K grafts per surgery. 

On 4/4/2024 at 1:55 PM, shashank19 said:

I have reached out to Dr. Hernandez, uploaded the pics. Waiting for their response. @DoubleTalkinJive apart from HT, what all meds you're currently taking which you think is key to success? I have never taken anything. Should I start some until I'm waiting for HT

I started Finasteride and Minoxidil a few months before my HT.  I was doing a topical solution.  I was told by Dr. Hernandez, as well as all the other professionals in the industry that I got consults from, that being on those things is non-negotiable.  You will have better success in the long run being on the meds.  I switched to oral Fin and Min a few months after the HT and I've had no side effects from any of the meds.  I don't love being on meds, but I've accepted that as long as I want to keep the hair I have, I'll be on them for the foreseeable future.