Dr. Yaman, Dr. Gur, or Dr. Demirsoy Looking for recommendations in Turkey

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. This forum is a valuable treasure trove when looking into a hair transplant. I have been through an enormous amount of research and have narrowed it down to 3 clinics in Turkey but need help deciding on which one is best.  
Fue Capilar, Armamed, or Dr. Yaman??

I am a Norwood 5-6,

Dr. Yamans clinic said at first to do 4500 grafts, then 2500 in a second session 9+ months later. Out of curiosity (and after seeing some on here do mega sessions) I asked if they can do a 2 day procedure to get it all done at once. They can by using beard grafts so 6000 in 2 days although I am a little concerned with over harvesting my donor area. I will attach pictures and appreciate 

Fue Capilar: will do one session now front 2/3 then a second a year later to finish it off. Standard package only for my time frame or is it worth it to wait for VIP package??

Dr  Demirsoy 3800-4000 and work his way from front to back as much as possible. Haven’t heard back after 1st response

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A7F1C59F-D63A-4FAD-BB40-0DC084E47677.jpeg

4AC1A687-68A7-4525-A3DA-461BF30DBEE9.jpeg

0C092844-DD01-4773-8B48-7B1203C72B04.jpeg

EEA3FABE-E8D6-4A06-87A2-B4D46CD4D17B.jpeg

AE6CCA83-C857-4861-82F5-434F755B14D1.jpeg

CE93A720-3CEE-47A5-9F12-24777BAF0BCB.jpeg

B78167D0-8A6F-45EA-BAD0-74BD3E90CDE5.jpeg

Edited by AndyKos

• AndyKos changed the title to Dr. Yaman, Dr. Gur, or Dr. Demirsoy Looking for recommendations in Turkey

I think the estimate of 7k grafts is about right. Dr Yaman has suggested two sessions to allow your donor to recover (thus using beard in a one and done).

For me, you'll need 2 surgeries for full coverage regardless. I would personally choose your preferred Dr and do about 4k in one session focusing on the front and mid scalp, and whatever is left for the crown. I would then complete it a year later in a second session for the crown.

• Like 2

Have you been on medication, yet?

From the perspective of your uploaded pictures, there is good hope cause you got a pretty stable and good donor area.

For a good outcome, I would also suggest to undergo in two seperate session. I would focus first on front- mid scalp, in 2nd session the crown.

All the best mate

• Valued Contributor
18 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i think hdc in cyprus would be a good option for you @Doron Harati

eugenix would be an option too

and this could be interesting for you too

or if you have 50k to spend then dr.zarev or or pittella

I'm not sure putting Dr Hakan's name forward after one single 4 month post-op update is particularly wise. We've never seen a finished result from this Dr as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hairything said:

Have you been on medication, yet?

From the perspective of your uploaded pictures, there is good hope cause you got a pretty stable and good donor area.

For a good outcome, I would also suggest to undergo in two seperate session. I would focus first on front- mid scalp, in 2nd session the crown.

All the best mate

Hi thanks for your reply. I ve been using 5% Minoxidil for years and laser helmet. Never used fin as I’m not wanting any side effects even with how small the chances are. Yes I am leaning towards 2 sessions, 1 year apart. Not sure which doc is better though for higher NW levels

55 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i think hdc in cyprus would be a good option for you @Doron Harati

eugenix would be an option too

and this could be interesting for you too

or if you have 50k to spend then dr.zarev or or pittella

Thanks, ya the other ones you named are some of my favourites, but unfortunately out of my price range as well. Never heard of Dr. Hakan but I will follow this 

You should look at other options too. Eugenix is better than those clinics when it comes to Norwood 5/6. Dr Pittella is also a good option. Those doctors are more expensiv but better

good luck 

• Valued Contributor

I respect your decision to not want to try a 5ari. However as a Norwood 6 you want to stabilize your donor from further loss going into a transplant. If you do feel you’re getting side effects you can cease the medication. It’s only my opinion nothing more. Look at surgeons who do great work in Norwood 6 patients and understand donor management. All the best. 

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

I respect your decision to not want to try a 5ari. However as a Norwood 6 you want to stabilize your donor from further loss going into a transplant. If you do feel you’re getting side effects you can cease the medication. It’s only my opinion nothing more. Look at surgeons who do great work in Norwood 6 patients and understand donor management. All the best. 

Thanks! I am in the process of getting topical Finasteride so we’ll see how that goes. The hair loss may go a little more but for the most part it’s stabilized. What are your thoughts on Dr. Yaman. I’ve seen very good reviews, and a few bad

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

I think Yaman has shown some great work with the odd questionable result. But that’s true of any surgeon. I also like Gur and Pekineer (if you can find him). 

Thanks. It seems you have gone through this process a few times. Would you ever recommend doing it all in 2 consecutive days or split the 2 with at least 1 year? 

2 hours ago, AndyKos said:

Thanks. It seems you have gone through this process a few times. Would you ever recommend doing it all in 2 consecutive days or split the 2 with at least 1 year? 

While we wait for Gatsby (who will hopefully agree)..

1) your proposal for the 2 day surgery used more beard grafts. That's because the doctor didn't want to overharvest and to the coverage you achieve in the first surgery 

2) Graft numbers don't tell the full story. There is usually only one hair per follicle from beard grafts. You will have an average of 2 hairs per follicle from scalp.

3) given the above, I don't think you'll get full coverage with the 2 day surgery so you'd be back in a year anyway.

So, the question is really how much difference do you want the first surgery to make, and how extra risk would you accept for that?

8 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

While we wait for Gatsby (who will hopefully agree)..

1) your proposal for the 2 day surgery used more beard grafts. That's because the doctor didn't want to overharvest and to the coverage you achieve in the first surgery 

2) Graft numbers don't tell the full story. There is usually only one hair per follicle from beard grafts. You will have an average of 2 hairs per follicle from scalp.

3) given the above, I don't think you'll get full coverage with the 2 day surgery so you'd be back in a year anyway.

So, the question is really how much difference do you want the first surgery to make, and how extra risk would you accept for that?

That’s a really good point that I’m glad you brought up. Thanks so much!

• Valued Contributor

This will sound hypocritical but I think it’s probably best to do this in two stages. The reason being that you are not using the majority of your donor in one hit on a large area in case something goes wrong. Also you can see how the first surgery pans out in terms of growth, weak spots and donor recovery. There’s nothing wrong with having surgery performed over consecutive days but waiting 12 months allows you and the doctor to see what you’re working with from the experience of the first surgery. All the best. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I would go with the two surgery approach, with 1 now for the front half and another in about a year for the crown. I can only think of 2 Drs I would trust doing it all at once and they are Zarev and Pitella. Doing it in 2 stages gives you less risk of donor depletion. Even if you try to do it all at once, it's likely that you'd go back a 2nd time anyway to fill in any weak areas. If you plan on 2 sessions, then you can address the weak spots in the front half during the 2nd session. That also lets you decide on how many grafts to use to fill in the crown and how many to add density up front. If you do it all at once and you end up not as dense in the front half as you'd like, you may not have enough grafts left to fully address it the way you'd like.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

In your case i would do two hair transplants. One hair transplant for 2/3 parts of your scalp with 4500 grafts and next year the crown area. All the doctors you mentioned are good choices, so its up to you.

• Like 1