10th month after the hair transplant, need your expert opinion

Here are some details:

Grafts: 3200 (hairline)

Method: FUE

PRP: No

Medicines: for first 4 months, I took Biotin 10000mcg and multivitamins. Now at 10th Month I started again the Biotin 12000mcg + Keratin and using Kerastàse K Genesis Serum.

I have the follwing result after at 10th month. Without the direct highlight it looks a bit better however, when I expose the light I see empty areas on my head.

My questions:

What has happened?

Is it the case of late bloomer ?

Will this be improved?

Whats your expert opinion or suggestion?

IMG_20240317_235348.jpg

IMG_20240317_233907_edit_198250927764215.jpg

Screenshot_20240317_233558_edit_198294226620657.jpg

IMG_20240317_235510.jpg

IMG_20240317_235718.jpg

IMG_20240317_235849.jpg

28 minutes ago, jjalay said:

It looks like poor growth.Where did you had this done?

Not from any of the recommendation from this forum. Could you please let me know me what could be the reason and whether it could be improved?

There are many reasons, damaging the grafts by extraction or implantation, grafts stayed too long out side of the body in an inproper solution and died, gaft placement not in the right depth, grafts not being refind before placement, in rare ocasion patients that have a skin problem and it is not detected. These are just some of the reasong of bad growth, in your case nowone can tell exactly. What you might wanna try now is medication like oral minoxidil, this might boost the growth of your native hair and give you a better density.

not taking finasteride after and especially before a hair transplant, i think its a poor decision.

you need to be on that daily until there's a better option in the future.

not taking finasteride could be a reason why your HT failed

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Hairs1 said:

not taking finasteride after and especially before a hair transplant, i think its a poor decision.

you need to be on that daily until there's a better option in the future.

not taking finasteride could be a reason why your HT failed

This is a 10 month period. I doubt and I don’t believe it has anything to do with the use of  finasteride. This is simple poor low graft survival surgery 

Edited by Ajamilo

2 minutes ago, Ajamilo said:

This is a 10 month period. I doubt and I don’t believe it has anything to do with the use of  finasteride. This is simple poor low graft survival surgery 

The queation is, will it improve since I heard that it takes 12 to 16 month for final results. Is it possible that it coukd be a case of late growth or late bloom?

21 minutes ago, Zack305 said:

The queation is, will it improve since I heard that it takes 12 to 16 month for final results. Is it possible that it coukd be a case of late growth or late bloom?

No

• Like 1

• Moderators

I was going to agree with the others and say you got poor growth, but then I saw the immediate post op pictures that you just posted and I see you had some grafts placed into the crown and also some into the temple points. So if the 3200 grafts includes everything then it's not quite as bad as I originally thought. I still think it should be better and you have somewhat low growth, but I wouldn't call it a failure. It's a little hard to tell with these pictures. You will need another transplant to improve the density. I probably wouldn't go back to the same Dr as I do think the growth probably should have been better.

Will it improve from here after 10 months? Maybe slightly, but I wouldn't expect any major improvements past this point.

By the way, welcome to the forums. I do appreciate you posting your pictures.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

So the 3200 graft didnt include the Crown? Could you tell us where did you have this done? I would say 3200 grafts is okay but on the lesser side for that area covered, most guys are on 3500+ as it extends quite backwards and to your temples. Then there might be some areas affected by poor Growth as mentioned, it might be a mix of everything… 

9 hours ago, donpizmeov said:

So the 3200 graft didnt include the Crown? Could you tell us where did you have this done? I would say 3200 grafts is okay but on the lesser side for that area covered, most guys are on 3500+ as it extends quite backwards and to your temples. Then there might be some areas affected by poor Growth as mentioned, it might be a mix of everything… 

Atleast he said so. There grafts also implemented near the crown region.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update:

I have uploaded high quality pictures and some zoom pictures.

In the zoom picture, there are some new outgrowth have been seen on the hairline and its fringes. Although they are small hairs but can be seen all around the hairline. My natural hairline was once untill there.

Thoughts?

IMG_20240406_021035.jpg

IMG_20240406_021139.jpg

Screenshot_20240406_020750.jpg

30 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I have to ask @Zack305 are you happy with your hair now? That’s all that really matters. If not, what aspect is falling short of your goals? Are you taking Finasteride, etc to slow/stabilize MPB? 

I feel it is a bit better.

I am not taking any finesteride. I am using Regaine liquid on head + Kerastase K Gensis serum. I had an extreme scalp skin issue that was ruining my hairs Genesis K has fixed mostly. Apart from that I am taking Biotin 12000mcg + Keratin.

Posted (edited)
On 3/17/2024 at 7:02 PM, Zack305 said:

My questions:

What has happened?

Is it the case of late bloomer ?

Will this be improved?

Whats your expert opinion or suggestion?

Well, the first issue is that you didn't go to an IAHRS doctor.  It's critical that people at least do this to ensure some level of quality assurance.  A lot can go wrong in an untrained doctor's (or technician's) hands when removing your grafts.  FUE is more challenging than FUT, and they have to be able to remove each graft WITHOUT transecting the grafts.  They also have to be efficient in the way they work, by making sure that they do not keep the follicles outside your body for more than a couple of hours before implanting them into your recipient area.

My guess is that you might have ended up losing a percentage of your hairs due to transection.

However, your two-week postop photos don't really show a crazy amount of density either (and you were pretty bald in that frontal area beforehand).

Your two week photos are pretty much a snapshot of what you final result will look like (since your new hairs would not have shed at this point).  So, your current result isn't bad at all when you consider the lack of density in the two-week photos (and how bald you were before your procedure).

Your result likely won't improve much after this 10-month mark and you're pretty much looking at the final result.  You dodged a bullet as as it could have been a lot worse considering you went to a random HT doctor.  

I wouldn't be too down about this.  Your result is actually pretty decent and could be improved with a future procedure if the added density is important to you.  Big improvement from where you were before the procedure.  You just need to be careful when picking a doctor for any future procedures, as you want to be efficient with your precious donor grafts.

Edited by Bucky O Hair