customer is always right ?

hello im new to this forum.my question is if someone is over the legal age and ask for a hair transplant and offers the money why would a surgeon refuse.its up to the paitent he is a adult and will pay for it.this is life its like someone wanting to by beer from shop will the shop owner say its bad for you im not going to sell its OFCOURSE NOT he is adult its up to him. and also i think guys who say wait for hairtransplant whats the point when you need most confidence when your young and also doesnt mean it will end up bald please awnser these questions and sorry english is not my first languge.ty

well many surgeons will gladly take your money and do a hair transplant, just for the money. However, ethics is a major issue while doing hair transplants, for example it is not considered ethical to dense pack the hairline of a 20 year old with say 4000+ grafts, good doctors will consider such things like age, family history etc before doing a ht.

The ethics is NOT bull****!

No good/ethical surgeon will operate on a young balding person because he will most likley lose more hair behind the transplanted hairline and end up with an island of hair and look like a freak!

This could in turn mess up said Drs reputation and there is no reason that he needs to do this.

Ethics is why sex change patients are forced to live as a woman for quite a long time before any gender reassignment surgery is carried out, because once you do it you cant go back, its the same with Hair Transplants.

I'm sure you will find a Dr willing to put a low hairline on your young head, but it will look like shit, no Dr recommended on here will likley do it.

juan you will continue to go bald and run out of donor hair. and then what a wig.if your losing hair at a young age you will continue losing .listen to the people on this site they are truly here to help you not hurt you like dr armani who is not recommended on this site

juan, like spin266 said there will always be unethical doctors more than happy to take your money even if they know it is the wrong decision.

The unethical docs rely on the patients' desperation and lack of knowledge about hair loss progression.

And as you say, if you really only want to restore all your front hair and tell them you are fine with losing all your hair in the top and crown, the ethical docs might be ok with that too.

The problem jaun is that many patients may get a low, dense hairline at a young age without understanding the full repercussions or commitments of doing so.

Did they understand their donor hair is finite in number and if the front is packed at 70-80 /cm2 that it will only leave sparse 10-20 / cm2 for the rest, if that? Are they willing to make this commitment at 20... 21... 22?

Did they understand that the scar will always be there and there is no turning back? And there is no guarantee that Propecia or Rogaine will continue to work as they get older?

Did they understand that the hair transplant may create permanent shockloss when transplanting between native hairs resulting in an even thinner look than where they started?

Do they truly understand all risks (and benefits) associated with a HT?

Have they done their research on the right doctor and the right long-term strategy?

As a former Bosley patient, I can assure you that I was *not* advised that there is not anywhere near enough donor to satisfy future balding if it was to occur, that the 'mini grafts' would not match my natural hair, that the scar would stretch and my donor could thin resulting in it becoming visible years later, and that when they planted carelessly within my native hair that I lost more than I gained?

Nope. I sure wish this site and the strong voices of the people expressing their opinions on this forum were around 16 years ago, and I wish I instead went to one of the top doctors who would have turned me away by talking some sense into me.

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Juan:

There are many good reasons why doctors do not do hair transplants. It is not about money, it is about doing the best for your patient. IF doing a surgery is not in the best interest of the patient (despite a patient wanting it done), this is not good medical practice. A good ethical doctor should always take that into account. It is no different then the bar example you gave. There are many clubs that cut clients off after they have had too much to drink, They do not have to serve individuals even when they flop money on the countertop. It is the same with physicians, we are not obligated to do anything that we feel is not good medical practice. You have the right to a second opinion and maybe get the procedure done. It is no different than walking into another bar and getting a beer when you someone was just cut off. The establishment/bar and the doctor is ultimately responible. If there is a bad outcome or accident or unreasonable exdpectations, the physician is liable. This is not the answer you wish to here and I know that. Take at heart the many tips reasonable posters have commented on. Get a second opinion from a competent ethical doctor and if he tells you the same thing , try to understan dthe reasons behind it.

juan,

Go take a look at a soccer player named Zinedine Zidane. He is a Norwood 6-7 that had a Norwood 1 hairline transplanted.

In my opinion, it looks very unnatural when you look at his whole head, even when he sports a buzz. If you want a transplant at a young age, I hope you goto an ethical doctor that will transplant a conservative Norwood 2 hairline that will look good for the rest of your life, even if you become balder.

ty doctor for responding but i got few questions first one is what if the paitent is norward 2 and propecia is halting hair loss whats wrong in getting hairtransplant to lower a little bit and make exisiting hair stronger and still lets say 1,200 grafts you will have donor hair around 6 thousand grafts left i fail to see were the loss will be no risk at all second question what if the paitent doesnt care if he losers the back and keeps the front its better then nothing and also many men have this naturaly and aslo you will have the 6 thousand donor hair if NEEDED its all if if if but please awnser

jaun,

it depends on what your goals are ... i dont think you posted specifics on what you are looking for, a picture, etc. so i will assume you are just trying to look younger.

please see a good doctor, and i am sure you can work this out... there will probably be some negotiation, IF you goals are unrealistic.

Good Luck Man!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

Ronald,

Zidane hasn't had a hair transplant. He has an unusual balding pattern but it does happen in nature.

The difference is transplanted HT hairs won't look natural isolated if the area thins behind.

shanti,

I have to disagree, heres why:

I saw a pic of him in his younger days with diffuse thinning all over, including the front.

Now he has a thick juvenile hairline with a hugr crown spot.

Even though I cant find any proof that he had one done, what else is one going to conclude after putting 2 and 2 together?

I wasn't going to chime in...but after reading some of the posts and jaun's indignance, I'm going to be blunt because that's the best way to be.

Jaun1988,

Frankly, you should thank your lucky stars that a physician turned you away at your incredibly young age. At the end of the day, doctors have to sleep at night. You may feel you're entitled to the procedure, but if a doctor feels it's not in your best interest, he/she is obligated to turn you away, period. Like it or not, that's ethics!

But it's obvious you've made up your mind already. If that's so...what are you doing here? Why not just go find a doctor who will give you what you want?

Our members are right to warn you. You are at incredibly high risk for aggressive hair loss. This makes you a poor candidate for a hair transplant.

In my opinion, talk to a doctor about getting on Propecia and Rogaine immediately. When you're 25, re-evaluate your situation and then consider exploring hair transplant surgery if you still feel you want/need it.

Good luck!

Bill

His HT would have had to have been FUE. And it would have had to have been done a while ago, with pristine scarring (or lackthereof), making it pretty unlikely.

Btw, I see what you're saying Juan -- but the customer isn't always right, though neither is a doctor, per say. It takes two to tango. Getting a HT at a very young age can be acceptable and it happens -- and it gets performed by the best doctors, of whom are recommended by this site. But there are still plenty of legit reasons why a doc might turn you down, and if it is by an esteemed doctor you should take extreme heed.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

You won't find any proof. Trust me. It's been discussed many time on the hair forums over the years. He's always had that balding pattern. He's 'infamous' for it.

The photos below show his progression.

Also in the other photo below he was playing for Girondins de Bordeaux in 1992 the the other at Juventus in 1996. He doesn't have a strip scar, or any scarring for that matter and FUE wasn't really viable back then.

Plus the results are just too good for a HT.

zidane-picture-1.jpg.0426faeaf7fe518defd8410d9f507b73.jpg