Potential Alternative to Dr. Juan Couto

Hi Everyone

I recently contacted Dr. Juan Couto's clinic. I managed to get a consultation for mid 2025, meaning surgery would be done in 2026 and by the time the result comes though probably 2027. I am just wondering if there are any other alternative doctors people would suggest, who I could contact to see if I can maybe arrange something a little earlier.

For context. I had an FUT 13 years ago with dr. Feller. It worked out very well actually and my result was solid. However we kept it fairly conservative on the hairline in case I had further loss down the line. I'm now 45 years old and have experienced no more loss at all. In fact I have had no loss since starting finasteride about 17 years ago.

With that in mind I'm up for using more grafts to give myself a really beautiful hairline, temples and really thicken up the front. Looking online it appears Dr Juan Couto seems to be able to really knock it out of the park with these things. Extremely natural and beautiful, youthful looking hairlines. Are there any other doctors you guys would suggest me checking out who you think can give equally good results when it comes to this?

Thank you

• Administrators

You’ve been given some excellent names. Dr. Custodio is also one to look at, Dr. Alcaide. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

35 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Have you considered Freitas? Amazing to hear your hair maintained well for 17 years on fin!

Fin has been amazing for me. either that or coincidentally i just stopped around the same time. 1mg a day and I forget many days.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm gonna research them all tonight at home. I appreciate.

Pinto, Bruno Ferreira, Pekiner, Nader. I am almost certain both Pinto and Bruno Ferreira are doing temporal peaks, I think Pekiner does not (don't know about Nader).

Edited by Stoner
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stoner said:

Pinto, Bruno Ferreira, Pekiner, Nader. I am almost certain both Pinto and Bruno Ferreira are doing temporal peaks, I think Pekiner does not (don't know about Nader).

Thanks a lot. Yeah. The reason I orgionally looked into couto is that he seems to absolutely nail that area around the temples and where the hairline joins.

• Like 1

Yeah, makes absolute sense imo-they do have a huge impact on face framing. I think Pinto and Ferreira are probably the closest ones to Couto's aggressive temples/sides and temporal peaks style. Ahmad might also be worth considering though he is quite more expensive than the other guys.

I would just advise you to contact both of them soon cause I think their waiting lists are a bit long. Ferreira has an online contact form, Pinto can be probably best reached directly through his rep Emilio (just search for him on the search section here and it should come up somewhere in the results, along with his number). 

Best of luck!

Edited by Stoner

20 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

You’ve been given some excellent names. Dr. Custodio is also one to look at, Dr. Alcaide. 

I've been looking at Custodio online. He definitely has some knock it out of the park results with immense hairlines. However I can't find any client reviews or pictures. Jist results posted by him personally. 

Does anyone have any personal experience?

On 2/6/2024 at 9:30 AM, jjalay said:

Bruno pinto in portugal is another good option, egually good with couto.

What is current wait time for consult and then for surgery?

9 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

Let us know who you ultimately go with.  I am in the same boat.  Want temple corners and points done, great candidate, but, cannot find a decent doc that I like.

I'll keep up to date. I messaged Pinto, De Freitas and Costodio so far. I'll message Bruno Ferriera too. I'm gonna see what they come back wit.

As said I have a consultation with Dr. Couto who I'd go with in a heart beat but its a long way off. I'm really patient and have waited close to 15 years for this so can wait if necessary. But yeah. It will be over 2 years I guess before surgery would be done.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 9:13 AM, spreadlocks said:

As said I have a consultation with Dr. Couto who I'd go with in a heart beat but its a long way off. I'm really patient and have waited close to 15 years for this so can wait if necessary. But yeah. It will be over 2 years I guess before surgery would be done.

Hi, could you please advise, when did you contact Dr. Couto’s clinic for the consultation and when did you recieve confirmation that you had one scheduled?

21 minutes ago, JML said:

Hi, could you please advise, when did you contact Dr. Couto’s clinic for the consultation and when did you recieve confirmation that you had one scheduled?

I spoke to them last year and they said the books were closed for the rest of the year. I messaged back in january and got a reply in less than a week i guess.

I'm thinking I may just wait for Dr. Couto. Ive waited like 14 years, whats another. Honestly, looking at results online they are just so good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spreadlocks said:

I spoke to them last year and they said the books were closed for the rest of the year. I messaged back in january and got a reply in less than a week i guess.

I'm thinking I may just wait for Dr. Couto. Ive waited like 14 years, whats another. Honestly, looking at results online they are just so good.

Thanks for the quick response, what date in Jan was it? Sorry just curious to know how early in 2024 you reached out to them? 

Hi All. Sorry to keep bringing this thread up but I'm making progress and really appreciate all the advice.

I got responses from Dr De Freitas and Dr Custodio.

Looking at Custodio's work on insta I love the hairline designs, especially the corners where he works the hairline into the temples. When he does the somewhat more aggressive hairlines they look superb. Some of the results are exactly what I'm looking for. As said though I have only seen clinic posted results. No Patient posted results or reviews.

With De Frietas I have seen a bunch of reviews etc and his work is also great. He has quoted a bigger operation but I'm totally good with that as I'm not losing at all and the result is far more important than price. Actually both docs quoted a reasonable price.

MY couple of questions. Do people know if De. Freitas also works into the temples at all? I don't need temple reconstruction but I just really like when docs work the hairline into the top of the temples a bit and curve it out.

Secondly do any of you have any personal experience with either doctor?

Thank you

10 hours ago, spreadlocks said:

Hi All. Sorry to keep bringing this thread up but I'm making progress and really appreciate all the advice.

I got responses from Dr De Freitas and Dr Custodio.

Looking at Custodio's work on insta I love the hairline designs, especially the corners where he works the hairline into the temples. When he does the somewhat more aggressive hairlines they look superb. Some of the results are exactly what I'm looking for. As said though I have only seen clinic posted results. No Patient posted results or reviews.

With De Frietas I have seen a bunch of reviews etc and his work is also great. He has quoted a bigger operation but I'm totally good with that as I'm not losing at all and the result is far more important than price. Actually both docs quoted a reasonable price.

MY couple of questions. Do people know if De. Freitas also works into the temples at all? I don't need temple reconstruction but I just really like when docs work the hairline into the top of the temples a bit and curve it out.

Secondly do any of you have any personal experience with either doctor?

Thank you

I have not seen any Freitas temple points done.