Hi Folks, newbie here and in NY debating about the best surgeons to go to in NY/Long Island. I'm a 55 Norwood 6 with no hair loss change in the last ten years and a crown that is sort of on the top of my head not on the back of my head. I  have nice donor hair not thin not thick maybe medium and also a full thick beard. I had a consult many years ago With Gary Hitzig in LI and he terrified me so I never went down the hair resto path again. I 'm not looking for miracles just to look like a Norwood 2or 3 maybe? Love one full session too hate the idea of it dragging on unless they do amazing work. Is there anyone with experience with any NY/L.I surgeons that are good? Been reading here about Dr. Dorin on this site but some say he is burned out. Thanks for any help, tips or suggestions.

Edited by Junfan64
spelling

Check out Carlos Wesley... from what I understand he is easily one of the top guys you can go to. It's hard to get a consultation with him because he is so booked. I even heard recently he is only taking referrals. 

Been doing a few consults in the NY area recently and saw Dorin, Bloxham and Dr. Shaver @ Bernstein medical. Given you're coming from a NW6, I'd probably recommend speaking with Dr. Bloxham first as he seemed most willing to do more aggressive procedures. He also had the lowest consult fee of those 3.

Been reading here about Dr. Dorin on this site but some say he is burned out. 

Can you share any sources on this?

Re: Dr. Wesley, I got on the "wait list" for a consultation a few months ago and still haven't heard anything. Everyone else got me in within a few weeks.

Edited by Phil42

3 hours ago, Jayhair said:

DR Gary Linkov

Thanks Jayhair been looking at Linkov YT channel  but I have not seen samples of Norwood 6's. Seems like a great caring guy though.

Phil, I was scrolling though a thread on the forums here after typing Dorin in the search and I remember reading some people's concern he was not doing as good as work as he used to do. Don't remember the thread but I remember reading a few peoples concerns. Most people were saying he's superb however so the negative concerns were in the minority. Thanks I will check out Bloxham his work seems amazing and I live close by. I saw Bernstein and his attitude turned me off although he seems to do amazing work.

Edited by Junfan64
Speling
  • Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Jayhair said:

DR Gary Linkov

He's a good YouTuber, but I would suggest looking at his results before you say he's the best. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey: 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/21/2024 at 10:00 PM, Junfan64 said:

Hi Folks, newbie here and in NY debating about the best surgeons to go to in NY/Long Island. I'm a 55 Norwood 6 with no hair loss change in the last ten years and a crown that is sort of on the top of my head not on the back of my head. I  have nice donor hair not thin not thick maybe medium and also a full thick beard. I had a consult many years ago With Gary Hitzig in LI and he terrified me so I never went down the hair resto path again. I 'm not looking for miracles just to look like a Norwood 2or 3 maybe? Love one full session too hate the idea of it dragging on unless they do amazing work. Is there anyone with experience with any NY/L.I surgeons that are good? Been reading here about Dr. Dorin on this site but some say he is burned out. Thanks for any help, tips or suggestions.

No, Dr. Dorin is not burned out…individuals who make unfounded statements like that have other alternative motives usually involving money but if you think about it, it’s really a compliment because it implies how much he is in demand…his consistent results speak loudly of his talent and passion for producing excellence for every one of his patients.

• Like 3

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Valued Contributor
13 hours ago, Jayhair said:

DR Gary Linkov

Have a look at Gary Linkov’s website and check the insane Beverly Hills prices. Then check how much other work he advertises in performing outside of hair transplants and the amount of time he puts into his YouTube channel. He may be a nice guy but he has a host of red flags to avoid. 

• Like 2

I have a question for everyone and excuse my ignorance if there is any, but  after looking through this amazing forum it appears Hasson &Wong do some amazing work on Norwood 6's like myself and do it 1 single session of sometimes more than 5,000 grafts. I was leaning to Bloxham to go to but it appears they may not be on the H&W level due to not performing that many grafts in one single session? Reading on their website they also states they feel it is better to do that many grafts in one session which contradicts many things I have read in this forum as that you want at least 2 sessions/surgeries due to many factors. Would it best for me to focus on H&W based on these skills or could Bloxham also achieve these results? Thanks for any opinions, input, advice, knowledge HRN gang. Blessings!

17 minutes ago, Junfan64 said:

I have a question for everyone and excuse my ignorance if there is any, but  after looking through this amazing forum it appears Hasson &Wong do some amazing work on Norwood 6's like myself and do it 1 single session of sometimes more than 5,000 grafts. I was leaning to Bloxham to go to but it appears they may not be on the H&W level due to not performing that many grafts in one single session? Reading on their website they also states they feel it is better to do that many grafts in one session which contradicts many things I have read in this forum as that you want at least 2 sessions/surgeries due to many factors. Would it best for me to focus on H&W based on these skills or could Bloxham also achieve these results? Thanks for any opinions, input, advice, knowledge HRN gang. Blessings!

Between those two hasson and wong is a much much better option in my opinion. If you are considering an fut megasession you really dont need to think twice, dr wong is the best choice you can make.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Between those two hasson and wong is a much much better option in my opinion. If you are considering an fut megasession you really dont need to think twice, dr wong is the best choice you can make.

Thank you jjalay! Appreciate it!

• Valued Contributor

It is unfortunate to inform you that your approach to finding a good surgeon is wrong. It is not wise to look for a surgeon based on their location, because it will eliminate all other good options you have available to you. As there are good doctors in US,and even in other parts of world ,so it makes sense to look for a good surgeon regardless of your location preferences, which gives you a wide range of options.

The most important part of the whole process is your surgeon and you are doing yourself no good by limiting your choices for that.

Consider prioritizing the quality of the surgeon over location preferences and techniques and all to access a wider range of expertise.

I hope this helps you..Best of luck.

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023