Oral minoxidil and topical duta results

At 39 (2017) I was turning into a nw 5.

i started to use fina (i have always used fina but was not very disciplined), used great amount of topical minoxidil, dermarolling and prp.

The results after 10 months was very good but I didn’t recover my temples.

i went for an ht at hlc Ankara. 2050 fu, just to lower the hairline and increase the density on the frontal scalp.

right after the ht, I added oral minoxidil and Dutasteride meso to the cocktail.

i spent hours with doctor Lorenzo Squillace to share researches and decide if oral minoxidil was worth the risk and if duta meso was a real thing or snake oil.

at the end, we decided to give them a try…

the density I got is almost unmatchable!

hope that this post can help other people.

here my pics in 2017 

IMG_0499.png

IMG_0498.png

IMG_0513.png

IMG_0512.png

About 1,5 year after ht.

you can see that density and tho went to the roof.

i have a couple of videos to see the final results but i can’t attach them.

is someone is kind enough to help me, i will try to post videos.

IMG_0500.jpeg

IMG_0501.jpeg

I think that oral minoxidil is the best single drug on the market. A real game changer.

duta injections are great but we don’t have precise protocols on it so a skilled doctor is crucial.

as good as it, duta injections can cause very serious, not reversible problems to the scalp.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Electric said:

Can you talk more about it. Are there any side effects? Can you describe what happened after using it. Thanks.

Never had sides.

the only time I had sides was when I didn’t find Pfizer limited and bought a galenic product.

agter two days, I had edema all over my face.

i tried to lower the dose but I couldn’t handles 2.5 every other day!

1 hour ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Those are wild results. 

It really shows how powerfull Minoxidil is when absorbed orally compared to its topical counterpart. Praying to get the same results on the crown.

You will! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Can you describe the dut meso treatments?

It is just a siringe with a small needle, very similar to prp. Sometimes I have prp and duta separately, one after the other. Other times, my doc mix prp and duta. There are not researches on the efficacy of the mix but some doctors say that prp and duta work in a synergistic way.

45 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Great showcase.
When did you start seeing results in the crown?

Mmmm… hard to say. 
after the ht, my crown was really bad (I think I had something like a shock loss even if I didn’t treat that area).

according to my pics, after 5-6 the crown was closed but I got this ultra covering effect after 10-13 months.

Just now, duchaine said:

Mmmm… hard to say. 
after the ht, my crown was really bad (I think I had something like a shock loss even if I didn’t treat that area).

according to my pics, after 5-6 the crown was closed but I got this ultra covering effect after 10-13 months.

Interesting. Seems like you are a hyper responder though to recover it so quickly. 

I am almost 7 months in and I am just starting to see it populate and get some more texture alongside my transplanted hairs. I haven't implanted any hairs in there so I am fully dependent in oral minoxidil + 0.5 MG of oral dutasteride.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Interesting. Seems like you are a hyper responder though to recover it so quickly. 

I am almost 7 months in and I am just starting to see it populate and get some more texture alongside my transplanted hairs. I haven't implanted any hairs in there so I am fully dependent in oral minoxidil + 0.5 MG of oral dutasteride.

If I was you, I would add some microneedling. I can see a difference when I use it

6 hours ago, duchaine said:

If I was you, I would add some microneedling. I can see a difference when I use it

A bit unsure about microneedling in general. I think there's very little evidence that suggest it works and I am also not into making my head bleed from it. 

For now I will keep these two medications and revaluate during summer. 

3 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

A bit unsure about microneedling in general. I think there's very little evidence that suggest it works and I am also not into making my head bleed from it. 

For now I will keep these two medications and revaluate during summer. 

At 0.75/1 mm you won’t bleed. 
In some periods, I did use all over my head but just needled the stubborn areas (temporal peaks and crown)

Just now, duchaine said:

At 0.75/1 mm you won’t bleed. 
In some periods, I did use all over my head but just needled the stubborn areas (temporal peaks and crown)

I will still keep it off for now, hopefully I can get some gains without the need of the needles. 

• Like 1