Tolerable amount of multiple hair on hairline

Theoritically only Single haired Graft are used on front hairline

but in reality i have found some multiple on hairline even from top surgeon...

im not exception, i have found 2 multiple haired grafts on my hairline so far

but very hard to notice on picture, only can be seen in front of mirror very close

please give your opinion guys

Example of Multipe i have found from another patient

example 1.jpg

Example 2.jpg

Example 3.jpg

Example 4.jpg

Edited by MildSeven
add some example pics
  • Haha 1

neither of these hairlines look pluggy, so i think based on the criteria of 'do they look pluggy?' they are tolerable. which is of course subjective.

i wonder why this happens. maybe when the graft was harvested it only had one hair inside it but it actually had just shed a hair so it was a 'secret multiple' 🤫

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

This can happen sometimes with the best of doctors...sometimes some multis can sneak through...2 multis won't make your hairline unnatural 

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor

It's just maths. Apple has probably the highest manufacturing tolerances in world, with something in the region of 99.9% efficiency. Cars also impressive but less than that.

So even if the best hair restoration surgeons in the world were to meet Silicon Valley-levels of manufacture efficiency at 99.9% of all grafts being placed correctly (angles, direction, singles vs multi's, extraction, transection etc), a transplant of 3,000 grafts would be perfect for 2,997 of those grafts leaving 3 "errors". Of course, hair restoration has nowhere such parts-per-million tolerance, and its efficiency would therefore be much, much less.

If the worst thing you can say about a hair transplant is that there's two or three double graft hairs in the hairline then you've had an incredible result by mathematical/statistical standards. That's a tiny, tiny amount of work falling 'out of tolerance' in the HT process - all of which is manually done by hand remember during surgery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Berba11 said:

It's just maths. Apple has probably the highest manufacturing tolerances in world, with something in the region of 99.9% efficiency. Cars also impressive but less than that.

So even if the best hair restoration surgeons in the world were to meet Silicon Valley-levels of manufacture efficiency at 99.9% of all grafts being placed correctly (angles, direction, singles vs multi's, extraction, transection etc), a transplant of 3,000 grafts would be perfect for 2,997 of those grafts leaving 3 "errors". Of course, hair restoration has nowhere such parts-per-million tolerance, and its efficiency would therefore be much, much less.

If the worst thing you can say about a hair transplant is that there's two or three double graft hairs in the hairline then you've had an incredible result by mathematical/statistical standards. That's a tiny, tiny amount of work falling 'out of tolerance' in the HT process - all of which is manually done by hand remember during surgery.

^this

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.