Dr Pekiner

Hi guys I’m booked in with dr Pekiner for the 27th December but have recently noticed that the website (Neo head ) and the instagram has been taken down it’s no longer there now I asked his assistant Alex about this and they have no replied ? Anyone else going to dr soon and spoken to them regarding this ? Contact with the clinic is really poor but I already knew that before I started but no the socials have been taken down seems strange to me 

• Administrators

If you’re having doubts consult with others surgeons. Communication is key. If you’re having poor communication before surgery, that’s something to consider. Take your time and research slowly here.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Teddy1927 said:

Hi guys I’m booked in with dr Pekiner for the 27th December but have recently noticed that the website (Neo head ) and the instagram has been taken down it’s no longer there now I asked his assistant Alex about this and they have no replied ? Anyone else going to dr soon and spoken to them regarding this ? Contact with the clinic is really poor but I already knew that before I started but no the socials have been taken down seems strange to me 

Well you don’t book a clinic for it’s good communication or the socials but for the results. There’s must be an issue with his website. 
If they have confirmed the surgery then there’s nothing to worry about. Have you booked your flight ?

Edited by Jackdaniels

32 minutes ago, Jackdaniels said:

Well you don’t book a clinic for it’s good communication or the socials but for the results. There’s must be an issue with his website. 
If they have confirmed the surgery then there’s nothing to worry about. Have you booked your flight ?

Yeh bud all booked , just found it strange how the website has gone and the insta page really 

• Valued Contributor
15 minutes ago, Teddy1927 said:

Yeh bud all booked , just found it strange how the website has gone and the insta page really 

They always had issues with their website, and communication with the clinic hasn't been reliable. Despite this, the doctor is highly skilled, so your medical care should still be good. However, improving communication is crucial for a better overall experience.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Jackdaniels said:

Well you don’t book a clinic for it’s good communication or the socials but for the results.

True but bad comms is inexcusable. Having surgery - especially abroad - puts an individual in a vulnerable position. Good communication is an essential part of good patient care and general practice. Having good lines of communication is with prospective patients is easy. Doing good surgery is hard. Any clinic that can't do the easy bit consistently will naturally cause concerns and red flags for patients and prospective patients about how well they can do the hard stuff. It just doesn't inspire confidence.

It sounds like communication with Dr Pekiner's office is notoriously difficult, which I find hard to believe in this day and age to be honest, but especially surprising given the OP is literally booked for surgery in a few days.

• Like 1

He is notorious for bad communication.  Also famous for the best hairlines in the world.

Personally, I’d stay booked without a second thought, unless I had plans to go to someone even better (and very very few surgeons have as good a hairline as Pekiner).  

• Like 1

Check out my journey here:

On 12/24/2023 at 2:07 AM, onlywantsomenicelonghair said:

Not replying could also be because of the Christmas holidays. I personally wouldn't worry if everything is booked, your HT is confirmed and you know where to go. You will be fine. Don't stress out too much, especially since the HT is soon.

Christmas isn’t officially celebrated as a holiday in Türkiye and that’s still no excuse for lack of communication.

Even if he were the best doctor in the world not having any communication comes off as very unprofessional and sketchy. 

2 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Also famous for the best hairlines in the world.

I think this is a legend.
I saw  average results, he usually doesn't rebuilds temples and the hairline is wide and flat.
Vlean works but nothing comparable with couto or Keser or Konior.
I had him as my choice 4 years ago for a matter of time and time.

On 12/26/2023 at 4:24 PM, duchaine said:

I think this is a legend.
I saw  average results, he usually doesn't rebuilds temples and the hairline is wide and flat.
Vlean works but nothing comparable with couto or Keser or Konior.
I had him as my choice 4 years ago for a matter of time and time.

Couto is more of a legend than anything.  I've seen abysmal work from Couto before (on this forum).  I think to an extent, Couto is lucky that he works with lots of patients with great hair caliber.  Pekiner has better hairlines than Keser.

I think Konior is a higher tier surgeon, yes, but he's also extremely expensive.

Also, agreed, Pekiner doesn't do temples.  Furthermore, he sometimes used to have some multies, although recently he seems to have fixed that issue.

4 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Couto is more of a legend than anything.  I've seen abysmal work from Couto before (on this forum).  I think to an extent, Couto is lucky that he works with lots of patients with great hair caliber.  Pekiner has better hairlines than Keser.

I think Konior is a higher tier surgeon, yes, but he's also extremely expensive.

Also, agreed, Pekiner doesn't do temples.  Furthermore, he sometimes used to have some multies, although recently he seems to have fixed that issue.

Pekiner made disasters with me. But we are not speaking about singular cases.
You said that pekiner is great for hairline. It is completely false. 
an hairline is not only a dense pack on the front.
If you say that P is better than Keser, you don't know what you are talking about.

4 hours ago, duchaine said:

Pekiner made disasters with me. But we are not speaking about singular cases.
You said that pekiner is great for hairline. It is completely false. 
an hairline is not only a dense pack on the front.
If you say that P is better than Keser, you don't know what you are talking about.

You’re free to disagree.