Just over 2000 graft FUT procedure with Hattingen Hair

UKLad81

So I’ve just completed day 7 after my FUT with Dr Sever and his wonderful team. I’m not going to go in too much detail as many of the other posters have described it very well and it’s almost exact like for like. Dr Sever, Laura and his team are extremely professional. I do love Dr Sever’s personality hes just got this cool and calm personality and very much made me feel at ease. I was a little nervous with this one even though it was my 3rd FUT - not sure why i was so nervous but as i said once i was with Dr Sever he calmed everything down and i knew i was in good hands. Anyway, we were shooting for 2500 grafts but only managed to get just over 2000 (I’m still awaiting the final numbers). The plan was to address the crown and some of the midscalp. 

So the first part was obviously the incision - which started off okay the anaesthetic shots were a little discomforting but once everything is numbed out and the Valium kicks in, it’s a little easier. I do recall hearing the incision being taken out. This was a bizarre sound. I also recall just having a causal conversation with both Muresanu’s during this - not sure what about but i know i was chatty! The staples in certain places hurt, i was topped up with a little more anaesthetic and the pain subsided. The rest of the day was like a well oil machine, Laura Sever did all the holes for the grafts and then shortly after lunch the technicians under the extremely careful eye of Laura did the implants. The day started at 745 and finished around 1600. Was bandaged up and given all the meds together with saline solution  and marched off to the hotel. The first night wasn’t too bad but i guess this was bcoz of the anaesthetic and the pain killers kicking in. Didn’t get much sleep as was up every hour or so spraying. The next morning went to get the first of 3 washes. All went okay and everything looked pretty good after the wash. I had a further 2 hair washes with the clinic before departing Zurich. All in all, i found Hattingen very professional, they knew exactly what they were doing and actually i enjoyed being in their company. To summarise i got just over 1400 grafts in the crown and 600 odd in the midscalp and some in the hair line. 

Since then the incision has given me some grief mainly at night and i think i have had to take pain killers pretty regularly. The staples are a little discomforting but not as bad as those anaesthetic shots in the forehead (jeez those killed!). I did swell quite heavily on day 3 started off lightly whilst at Zurich airport and thankfully was back at home before it swept its way across my forehead and down to the eyes. Now on day 7 i have no swelling the odd pain around the incision and lots of scabs which i hope with a little more pressure over the coming days i can remove. Pictures are as below - these are all my own and have not received any from the clinic just yet).

@Melvin- Admin, i did pass on your message and did say Hi to both on your behalf ! 🙂

First is prior to the surgery. Couple whilst still in the seat and the final two over the weekend! Hopefully they render in the correct order. 

Any questions, feel free to ask! 

IMG_2541.png

IMG_0250.png

IMG_0252.png

IMG_0253.png

IMG_0254.png

Edited by UKLad81
Change of pictures.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Was this your second fut?

Third one mate. To give a little more context. I was probably a slick NW5A with nothing but a frontal tuft at the start of my journey. 

Edited by UKLad81

• Administrators

This is gonna be EPIC! Can’t wait to see your progress 🙏

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

This is gonna be EPIC! Can’t wait to see your progress 🙏

Cheers Buddy I’ve got everything crossed for this one. Don’t think i can handle another one! Haha

32 minutes ago, baddecisions said:

All the best! You have made the best decision having the surgery with Muresanu.

Did you post your previous surgeries on the forum?

Thank you matey. I did do a thread but just for context I’ve added a picture of how things looked after the first HT. The first picture was before any HT, 2nd one was around the 3rd / 4th month after HT 1 and the last one was at just after 12 months of HT 1. Also attached how things looked after HT 2 with dry hair. 

IMG_0663.png

IMG_0240.png

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, rsb said:

Hey man, may I know cost per graft? And number of months waiting period?

Hi mate, you can find the prices on the Hattingen website - they are very transparent but to give you an idea it’s about 3-4 euros. I was extremely lucky to get the spot i did (possibly a cancellation happened) but when I initially consulted with him in Jul/Aug it was about 3-4 months wait time. Drop him an email and get further information from him, hes a top guy.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

@UKLad81how you doing? Would love to see an update 🙏

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi Friends, yes I’m now just a few days shy of 5 months. I’m starting to see growth in the crown area which is good. I haven’t really taken any decent photos of late but happy to take some more on request. I did take these ones which made me a little happy to see the direction in which things are going. These were a couple of weeks back and under harsh bathroom light. Defo growth happening i would say.

I know it’s still relatively early days and still hoping for a lot of growth / maturity to come. These were with dry hair and no toppik. With wet hair, it still looks thin and has scalp showing but i guess this is expected. Compared to wear i started back in 2017 im happy.

Interested to hear your thoughts. 

IMG_0304.png

IMG_0305.png