Black patient currently having 1,300 graft with Dr. Priya Das of Eugenix

Noble001

I’m Norwood 2, patient of African descent. I flew in to Delhi, India on 16th, was supposed to start my procedure yesterday (17th of November) but unfortunately, the food I had for dinner at my hotel didn’t sit well in my stomach which gave me a diarrhea and nausea. I notified the clinic in the early hour of 17th and they sent a driver to come pick me at the hotel and they gave me some medication and an IV at the clinic, they advised i go back to the hotel and rest. I told them I can go ahead with the procedure but they told me it’s best I’m at my best (health wise) before the procedure.

The procedure started on 18th, I like the hairline design by Dr. Priya Das, I made a few suggestions about my temple the doctor gave her perspective and we were able to reach an agreement. The procedure started later around past 2pm and the technician are able to implant 700 plus grafts while there were a lot of transected grafts 🥺😔

We go again tomorrow (we couldn’t finish the procedure today), hopefully the technician are able to extract (My Afro hair) sufficiently tomorrow so that I would be able to achieve my hair goal. Dr. Priya Das said my temple won’t go as planned again since there has been a lot of transection and we won’t be having a lot of donors left (So sad). I will keep updating this space. And by way, they’re all doing a great job so far, I just wish they have done more of Afro hair before, it would have been a smooth sailing.

IMG_3884.png

Today’s procedure went well, they implanted additional 653 grafts today and the total implanted grafts is about 1,361 now. The hairline is looking so good, likewise my right temple, the left temple looks like it’s not symmetrical with the right temple but Dr. Priya Das said it might be as a result of the swelling on the left temple area caused by anesthesia.

The total hour of today’s procedure was about 5 hours 30 mins, the technicians and the nurses are very friendly and the overall atmosphere at the clinic was great. I’m going for dressing of my donor area tomorrow.

I think my right temple is not as dense as the right one, it is sparse compared to the right one. I will inform Dr. Das tomorrow. No pains at all from the donor or recipient area. It’s currently 9:18 PM in Delhi and I’m very fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stewie said:

I have seen a lot of videos online with surgeons explaining how its a totally different technique to how you extract the grafts because you have to follow the direction of the curl into the scalp when extracting

I saw a lot of videos too that explains the technique and punch type best used on Afro patient seeking a HT

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stewie said:

You got any pics of before and after?

The doctor added a couple more grafts to the left temple. I will post before and after pics when swelling goes down.

Edited by Noble001
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Noble001 said:

This was after Dr. Priya Das added a couple more grafts on my left temple and this pic was taken immediately after the completion of the procedure.

ad85a6f5-5349-4a82-9f6f-e3939dfbabac.jpeg

b3ff2b59-8ac7-4098-a350-9459f3fd6384.jpeg

Looking good do you’ve any photos of your previous condition ?

I’m worried! 😦 it’s been 11 days post-op and I noticed the transplanted grafts are not growing. I thought they’re supposed to go grow and continue growing till they starts falling off from week 4 or thereabouts? Is this normal? I asked the post-op care team and they said maybe I might not have a shedding phase or maybe just 30% shedding. Honestly, I’m worried each time I look in the mirror and I see no growth in the transplanted area.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s day 22 today and my donor area, especially the right side (this is where they first extracted from) is not looking good at all. I’m having a pinching sensation in the donor areas but the pinching/pains in the right donor area is more. Now it’s bumpy and I’m scared my donor area has been damaged.

Secondly, I still haven’t seen growth in the transplanted grafts and also there are visible scaring in the transplanted area. After my first wash (day 7) at Eugenix clinic, I was told it’s looking great. But to my surprise, my native hair has been growing faster than the transplanted grafts. I had to go and trim my native hair today without letting my barber touch the transplanted grafts so that my hair can look even. I asked the Eugenix team before going to trim my hair and I was told I could.

I was told that I might start experiencing some shedding (it’s 3 weeks post-op today) but I’m wondering how are they going to shed when they’re not growing? Honestly, i’m worried! I wanted to go to Turkey for my HT (for 60% the price I paid at Eugenix) until i was told most Turkish clinics are ‘hair mill’ i paid a deposit already which I just got back 2 weeks ago after I told them I want a refund. A friend of mine in Germany who went for his HT in Turkey has seen a great result and he is Black like me.

IMG_4357.jpeg

IMG_4362.jpeg

IMG_4359.jpeg

Edited by Noble001

Try to relax man, i dont see anything wrong with your donor area. At day 22 its crazy to think about not growing hairs in the recipient area. Just wash your hair daily with baby shampoo, get your medication and be patient. In turkey you would have seen the real horror.

3 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Try to relax man, i dont see anything wrong with your donor area. At day 22 its crazy to think about not growing hairs in the recipient area. Just wash your hair daily with baby shampoo, get your medication and be patient. In turkey you would have seen the real horror.

I wash daily with baby shampoo and i am taking my medication as prescribed, I never missed a day

• Valued Contributor

@Noble001 you need to try and relax or keep yourself super busy as the ugly duckling phase is going to last for at least two months. There is no point in assessing anything before at least six months. The immediate post op pics show excellent harvesting of your grafts.

This demarkation and change of colour of the skin that you see on the recipient and the donor area has more to do with the medication that is being applied by the anesthesia and the surgery and its not scarring as you mean it. It will get much better in a couple of weeks. In day 22 its too early to get a haircut and i thing you are overthinking about it.

• Like 1

@Gatsby I’m always busy, but whenever I’m driving I take a look at least twice a day. I am worried because the post-op videos I watched on YT, the third week is already looking good before the ugly duckling phase starts. @jjalay I trim the donor area and other parts so I can apply the T-back ointment. My barber didn’t touch the recipient area.

• Valued Contributor

@Noble001 your hair will continue to shed the new grafts for a couple of months and your native hair may shed too. Don't worry. This is what hair transplants are all about. There is absolutely no point in even thinking about your hair, good, bad or otherwise as the process is independent of how you feel. You need to trust in the process. I wouldn't even be thinking of cutting hair, etc now. This is a twelve month investment. Not a twelve week or twelve day.

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Noble001 said:

Secondly, I still haven’t seen growth in the transplanted grafts and also there are visible scaring in the transplanted area.

Most of the transplanted grafts will not immediately grow.  A small percentage will, but don't expect much to do this.  What happens is that during the surgery and immediate recovery the root of the graft gets anchored under the skin, receives blood and continues to live in the new location.  From the shock of the surgery, the root goes dormant for a number of months, with growth usually occurring between the 3 and 12 month mark.  In my experience the hair follicle part of the graft, not the root under the skin but the hair coming out of it, these start to fall out around day 7 after the surgery, and some might be still hanging on by day 21.  They are not growing since the root is in the dormant phase.  Gentle hair washing should help the hair follicle parts fall out.

7 hours ago, AB2000 said:

Most of the transplanted grafts will not immediately grow.  A small percentage will, but don't expect much to do this.  What happens is that during the surgery and immediate recovery the root of the graft gets anchored under the skin, receives blood and continues to live in the new location.  From the shock of the surgery, the root goes dormant for a number of months, with growth usually occurring between the 3 and 12 month mark.  In my experience the hair follicle part of the graft, not the root under the skin but the hair coming out of it, these start to fall out around day 7 after the surgery, and some might be still hanging on by day 21.  They are not growing since the root is in the dormant phase.  Gentle hair washing should help the hair follicle parts fall out.

This makes sense and it helps a lot. Thanks man.

• 2 months later...

3 months and 18 days post-op. This is the result. From the numbers of transections when they were extracting and the way the transplanted hair was looking few weeks post-op, I was suspecting that Afro hair is not Eugenix’s forte. I’m beginning to think they transplanted some transected grafts probably  because they don’t give a refund. In 2021 a clinic in Istanbul refunded my friend about an hour into the HT operation because they couldn’t extract his hair. They refunded him his full money and tendered an apology. 

This 15 weeks result is not looking promising. The black patch underneath where I had the HT is the SMP I had in January of 2023. That is what’s giving the illusion of hair grafts at the transplanted region. There has been no growth! A few strands of hair are growing at the front of the transplanted region while there is no growth at the back of the transplanted region. I meant the front part of the transplanted grafts has a few thin strands of hair while the back has no hair (growth) and the measurement from the back to the front is just 1 cm. This is what I got for spending close to $4k for 1,400 grafts of HT.

My bro did his HT in Istanbul (I wanted to do mine at same clinic in Istanbul too until I came across this forum and everyone was saying good thing about Eugenix) and from third week post-op, you could see that the result would be excellent. This is why I was worried about mine few weeks post-op cos the results was not looking anything close to what I see on YT or how my bro’s few weeks post-op looked like. But someone on here @AB2000 advised i wait for 3 months before expecting to see results. It’s been three months now and some parts (back) of the transplanted area are not growing. The hair is not growing. I wish Eugenix were straight forward instead of doing business as usual. 

IMG_5882.jpeg

IMG_5884.png

IMG_5885.png

16 minutes ago, Noble001 said:

3 months and 18 days post-op. This is the result. From the numbers of transections when they were extracting and the way the transplanted hair was looking few weeks post-op, I was suspecting that Afro hair is not Eugenix’s forte. I’m beginning to think they transplanted some transected grafts probably  because they don’t give a refund. In 2021 a clinic in Istanbul refunded my friend about an hour into the HT operation because they couldn’t extract his hair. They refunded him his full money and tendered an apology. 

This 15 weeks result is not looking promising. The black patch underneath where I had the HT is the SMP I had in January of 2023. That is what’s giving the illusion of hair grafts at the transplanted region. There has been no growth! A few strands of hair are growing at the front of the transplanted region while there is no growth at the back of the transplanted region. I meant the front part of the transplanted grafts has a few thin strands of hair while the back has no hair (growth) and the measurement from the back to the front is just 1 cm. This is what I got for spending close to $4k for 1,400 grafts of HT.

My bro did his HT in Istanbul (I wanted to do mine at same clinic in Istanbul too until I came across this forum and everyone was saying good thing about Eugenix) and from third week post-op, you could see that the result would be excellent. This is why I was worried about mine few weeks post-op cos the results was not looking anything close to what I see on YT or how my bro’s few weeks post-op looked like. But someone on here @AB2000 advised i wait for 3 months before expecting to see results. It’s been three months now and some parts (back) of the transplanted area are not growing. The hair is not growing. I wish Eugenix were straight forward instead of doing business as usual. 

IMG_5882.jpeg

IMG_5884.png

IMG_5885.png

1. Not everyone in this forum says good things about Eugenix, I have critisized them countless times in a very harsh way for their practices.

2. In 3 months you shouldnt expect to see any results, this is when your hair starts growing, the first glimpse of what your end result will look like can be seen by 5 months the earliest. This is when your first conclusions can be made.

• Like 2