Ferreira vs Pekiner

8 hours ago, Jallyn said:

How do you think these doctors compare against each other? Who do you think is better? 

Both are great but I would personally select dr Pekiner since I have seen more pekiner’s results posted and they are top class results. 

4 hours ago, Belve said:

Both are great but I would personally select dr Pekiner since I have seen more pekiner’s results posted and they are top class results. 

I’m leaning towards Pekiner for that reason.

• Like 1

They are both exceptional, but I would go with Pekiner given that he is cheaper. Also, Pekiner seems to have these super-dense results with a very efficient allocation of grafts/donor management which is crucial with a view to future hair loss. Again though, they are both brilliant.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mister_25 said:

I think they are both excellent options, but I definitely will say I prefer Ferreira's ethics and work over Pekiners.

Do you mean Pekiner's ethics or the story about his adviser and HRN?

There are dozens of testimonials that portray Pekiner himself as an extremely ethical surgeon who does not put profit above his patients.

10 hours ago, Stoner said:

Do you mean Pekiner's ethics or the story about his adviser and HRN?

There are dozens of testimonials that portray Pekiner himself as an extremely ethical surgeon who does not put profit above his patients.

No that is not what I am referring to, although that also has factored in to my wary/cautious/hesitant outlook when it comes to considering Pekiner.

What I am referring to, is that I have read a few "concerns" that haven't been addressed, which makes me wary and cautious.

Edited by mister_25

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

5 hours ago, mister_25 said:

No that is not what I am referring to, although that also has factored in to my wary/cautious/hesitant outlook when it comes to considering Pekiner.

What I am referring to, is that I have read a few "concerns" that haven't been addressed, which makes me wary and cautious.

What concerns? Please elaborate. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jallyn said:

I assume grafts count. I have seen some "experts" in other forums (based on post op pictures) mentioning that he charges for more grafts than in reality are transplanted.

I’m not an expert, so can’t assume anything about this. But his results speak for themselves. Clean work, dense packing and never seem to fail. Think I have only seen one case with some issues, but then he offered a free touch up. In the end it seemed that it was the patient that didn’t follow post op orders.

• Like 1

Just to reiterate, these are observations that give me a cautious approach and attitude towards Pekiner, if they were addressed then I can look past these. But they havent been.

21 hours ago, Jallyn said:

I've seen some cases with poor growth in highly dense packed areas on Reddit. The growth was poor enough where I would label it a "Disaster" I tried to find them but was unable to, so if you want to dismiss this point I think its rather fair of you to do so.

And quotes from this user in another thread I find inexcusable.

On 11/14/2023 at 1:22 PM, duchaine said:

No, I didn't have an HT before HLC. I had a bad experience with pekiner that shaved me, extracted 200 Uf and then aborted the HT because said that I wasn't a good candidate.
With his words in mind, I decided to be conservative.

I live in Italy so Spain is close. Never heard of Colelessa and Zira. thanks for the input.

On 11/14/2023 at 8:34 PM, duchaine said:

no, throw my grafts into the toilet.

On 11/15/2023 at 12:40 AM, duchaine said:

@EvansLawrence
He said that he could implant that FU, but the result would be "no growth".
I am not the only case in 2019/2020.
There is another guy from china that had the same experience.
I think that from then, he is asking more exams to avoid this issue.

PS: in any case, he was wrong. I got my HT 5 days later at HLC (they were kind enough to get me there in a such short period of time) at the result was great.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

39 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

Just to reiterate, these are observations that give me a cautious approach and attitude towards Pekiner, if they were addressed then I can look past these. But they havent been.

I've seen some cases with poor growth in highly dense packed areas on Reddit. The growth was poor enough where I would label it a "Disaster" I tried to find them but was unable to, so if you want to dismiss this point I think its rather fair of you to do so.

And quotes from this user in another thread I find inexcusable.

That was interesting reading. Not good at all from Pekiner.

About density: He likes to pack the grafts quite tight, so supposedly there will be more risk of shock loss, but most cases turn out top notch from what I’ve seen.

Another thing taking into consideration is that he uses 3 days on a 3000 graft procedure. That’s way too long thinking about the anesthesia and the exhaustion for the patient. With a skilled and drilled team, 1 day would be enough. But anyway most people seem to don’t mind that.

Edited by toon_toon

FOR THE RECORD: Ferreira saved me.
I sent my pics and the dermoscopic images to Ferreira while I was in Ankara.
He was kind enough to reply to my email and gave me a diagnosis for free!!!!
He said that my donor was ok, I have short but healthy grafts (while pekiner said that I had retrograde alopecia) so he said that I had no problem to get an HT.
In any case, he said to wait some months to go to Lisbon, because I was shaved and he was not able to give me the best hairline design with a shaved head.

Edited by duchaine

• 2 weeks later...

It‘s the same question I‘m dealing with. 

Pros Ferreira:

- he‘s doing temple points regularly, likes them a bit sharp and angular though

- his hairlines seem a little bit softer to me, usually no multiple grafts

- high-quality resolution pictures 

Pros Pekiner:

- he’s cheaper (3€ vs. 4€/graft)

- much more patient reviews out there on several platforms 

- apparently rejects patients in person sometimes if he assumes there are physiological problems that speak against transplantation, no operation when he‘s not convinced of getting a good result -> that’s hard but ethical and the right thing to do and therefore a pro in my opinion 

I do think that both usually restore natural hairlines. Pekiners hairlines are usually well-shaped and very dense, in rare cases the graft survival has not been optimal and there are also several reviews that show multiple grafts in the hairline which can cause a pluggy appearance. 

Ferreira is 1€ more expensive per graft. Do you think he‘s better than Pekiner and worth the extra money or is it a bit overpriced in European comparison? Do you see Pekiner and the Portuguese doctors on the same level with identical quality?

On 11/18/2023 at 10:40 AM, toon_toon said:

That was interesting reading. Not good at all from Pekiner.

About density: He likes to pack the grafts quite tight, so supposedly there will be more risk of shock loss, but most cases turn out top notch from what I’ve seen.

Another thing taking into consideration is that he uses 3 days on a 3000 graft procedure. That’s way too long thinking about the anesthesia and the exhaustion for the patient. With a skilled and drilled team, 1 day would be enough. But anyway most people seem to don’t mind that.

Pekiner actually takes 2 days to do a 3000 grafts procedure (I guess approx. a max of 1500 grafts per day). See the following posts. 

I would say this is mostly on a par with how many grafts Couto, Pinto, Ferreira, De Freitas are doing per day and, if anything, shows diligence on his part. Other things being equal, having a surgeon who performs stick-and-place and does not leave the grafts too long outside the body is considered an advantage.

Edited by Stoner

1 hour ago, chocolate cake said:

It‘s the same question I‘m dealing with. 

Pros Ferreira:

- he‘s doing temple points regularly, likes them a bit sharp and angular though

- his hairlines seem a little bit softer to me, usually no multiple grafts

- high-quality resolution pictures 

Pros Pekiner:

- he’s cheaper (3€ vs. 4€/graft)

- much more patient reviews out there on several platforms 

- apparently rejects patients in person sometimes if he assumes there are physiological problems that speak against transplantation, no operation when he‘s not convinced of getting a good result -> that’s hard but ethical and the right thing to do and therefore a pro in my opinion 

I do think that both usually restore natural hairlines. Pekiners hairlines are usually well-shaped and very dense, in rare cases the graft survival has not been optimal and there are also several reviews that show multiple grafts in the hairline which can cause a pluggy appearance. 

Ferreira is 1€ more expensive per graft. Do you think he‘s better than Pekiner and worth the extra money or is it a bit overpriced in European comparison? Do you see Pekiner and the Portuguese doctors on the same level with identical quality?

I like Ferreira and most of his results have been great, but, a recent one with bad temples (and worse explanation by him) gave me pause.

20 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

I like Ferreira and most of his results have been great, but, a recent one with bad temples (and worse explanation by him) gave me pause.

Do you have a link to this case by any chance, is it on this forum? I am curious.

• Administrators

@Calihome1

I think this is something you should say over PM. I don’t think this member would feel very good about you posting this. Somethings are better said in private. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think I'm the only one having experiences with both of them.
They are not even close.
Ferreira is an outlier and has an amazing knowledge: aestethic and biochemistry.
Peknnner is a very good doctor.

Is Ferreira worth 1 euro more than Pek?
I will tell you my personal experience.
Pekiner aborted my HT saying that my grafts were sick. I lost 200 grafts for nothing (they were literally thrown into the toilet!)
Ferreira analized my grafts for free and said that they were fine and gave me the courage to take an HT (not with him).
The end result was great. That means Fereria was right and PEK was wrong.
So, what do you think? Does Ferreira worth more for me? :D

Edited by duchaine