Cancelling my Turkey transplant, considering Pittella?

Howdy,

I’m supposed to go to Turkey in a few days, but they had some employee steal my and other people’s money…as well as from the company…and now it feels like it’s all being thrown together last minute. Now I am pretty much decided to cut my losses and find a new clinic.

I am still relatively young (33), but the hair loss is obviously aggressive. It hasn’t gotten worse in years, though, and has responded well to drugs and topicals.

Does anyone here think I would be a good candidate for someone like Dr. Pittella? (Where I could potentially get it done in one fell swoop.) Or are there good American surgeons.

I will continue to do my own research, but wanted to reach out as I’m obviously frustrated and disappointed that I won’t be healing my new hairline over the holidays…

Cheers~

IMG_8414.jpeg

IMG_8415.jpeg

IMG_8416.jpeg

IMG_8417.jpeg

IMG_8419.jpeg

Pitella is a great choice but in your case i would consider strip surgery. You have good donor area and i think with one fut megasession you can get i great result. In your case i would also get a consultation with hattingen hair in switzerland and Hasson and wong in canada to explore the posibilities of an fut.

Just now, jjalay said:

Pitella is a great choice but in your case i would consider strip surgery. You have good donor area and i think with one fut megasession you can get i great result. In your case i would also get a consultation with hattingen hair in switzerland and Hasson and wong in canada to explore the posibilities of an fut.

Thank you for your feedback. :) I will open my mind and more seriously research FUT; however, I really don't like that scar.

Just now, jjalay said:

If you dont mind me asking what clinic in turkey did you chose at first?

I'm not looking to trash them, as they have been okay in communication the last few days. But honestly, they aren't mentioned on this forum or reddit or anything. Found them through a colleague. They are not popular by any means. Which is also part of why I'm reconsidering, just don't have enough info to go off of (in addition to the recent hiccups).

You are a NW 6 and to get full coverage you will probably need around 6000 grafts. If you go the fue route your donor area might look thinned out, with fut i believe you can preserve your donor better. The scars from Hasson and wong and Hattingen are really thin, make sure to check results from them. In any case try to do a good research and avoid hairmills in turkey.

Just now, jjalay said:

You are a NW 6 and to get full coverage you will probably need around 6000 grafts. If you go the fue route your donor area might look thinned out, with fut i believe you can preserve your donor better. The scars from Hasson and wong and Hattingen are really thin, make sure to check results from them. In any case try to do a good research and avoid hairmills in turkey.

Thanks!

• Administrators

For your situation, Pittella is an excellent choice. He’s one of the top 3 surgeons in the world for high Norwoods. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

For your situation, Pittella is an excellent choice. He’s one of the top 3 surgeons in the world for high Norwoods. 

Thanks! I sent my photos, so I'll see what they say. May I ask who else you recommend for higher Norwoods?

Edited by iCaptainCandy

JJalay If you have never been to Turkey stop talking about things you know nothing of. Lots of people on here have had great results from Drs in Turkey including myself. Due is a great method for harvesting if done right and spaced correctly and you would be hard pressed to see any scars. Ive seen many fut's with horrible scars and some that are tolerable. There is not one solution for everyone. 

Edited by OleBaldy
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, OleBaldy said:

JJalay If you have never been to Turkey stop talking about things you know nothing of. Lots of people on here have had great results from Drs in Turkey including myself. Due is a great method for harvesting if done right and spaced correctly and you would be hard pressed to see any scars. Ive seen many fut's with horrible scars and some that are tolerable. There is not one solution for everyone. 

I have never said anything about fue, i ve said that he is a NW 6 and by higher Nordwoods the gold standard for a procedure is the fut if someone doesnt mind having a scar. There is nothing wrong to that. 95% of the clinics in Turkey are hairmills, so you need to do a very good research to find these clinics that will do the harvesting right and spaced correctly, otherwise you will end up with a destroyed donor and doll looking hair that cant be fixed. You will find many examples of people that went to turkey with this kind of results in this forum too and you would be hard pressed to see any hair left on the donor or the recipient area.

I bad fut scar as you say can be repaired via fue, a competely destroyed donor area after fue is really hard to repair.

I ve said to OP that Pitella is a great choice for such higher NW cases if he decides for an fue procedure, Hattingen hair and hasson and wong are also great choices for fut megassesions. But i would never reccomend him to go to turkey to have an fue with 6000 grafts in one day to an unknown hairmill simply to get his head f§cked up.

You had your surgery with dr. Gur and he is great choice in turkey but how do you say that you had a great result from turkey 2-3 weeks after suregry? This doesnt make any sense.

Edited by jjalay

I would avoid doing FUT, since you never know how bad your FUT scar will end up...it depends on the candidate even if the surgeon does good work...

With so many clinics doing FUE +BHT there's not any reason to select FUT and have a nasty scar..

Turkey has many great options for your case, otherwise you could also look to Eugenix which is a good clinic for higher norwood cases.

Edited by Gramatik

8 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

I would avoid doing FUT, since you never know how bad your FUT scar will end up...it depends on the candidate even if the surgeon does good job...

With so many clinics doing FUE +BHT there's not any reason to select FUT.

Turkey has many great options for your case, otherwise you could also look to Eugenix which is a good clinic for higher norwood cases.

I will have to disagree on that, maximizing the donor area of the scalp should be the first priority. BHT is unpredictable and it comes as a second option.

1 minute ago, jjalay said:

I will have to disagree on that, maximizing the donor area of the scalp should be the first priority. BHT is unpredictable and it comes as a second option.

You can maximise the donor by using BHT. I would avoid doing FUT in any case. Clinics like Pittella and Eugenix can easily handle higher norwood cases 6 or 7 with FUE + BHT. Many examples on this forum. So why would anyone select FUT and risk on a big scar? Also as you get more grafts from your donor the scar will be even more visible..

Edited by Gramatik

5 minutes ago, Gramatik said:

You can maximise the donor by using BHT. I would avoid doing FUT in any case.

I mean the donor area of the scalp not body hairs, and by starting with fut in many cases you can take around 2-3000 grafts more than just with fue. For the  scar after fut you can also watch this podcast:

The aesthetics of the donor area is in my opinion really important too. With fut the thickness of the donor area stays intact.

Edited by jjalay

5 minutes ago, jjalay said:

I mean the donor area of the scalp not body hairs, and by starting with fut in many cases you can take around 2-3000 grafts more than just with fue. For the  scar after fut you can also watch this podcast:

For me FUT is a bad choice and many clinics have been able to extract large number of hairs from donor with FUE only. See Zarev and Dr Pittella. They are able to harvest 10.000-12.000 grafts only from donor with homogenization of the donor and without even using beard grafts.
So FUT doenst give you more grafts, thats a myth from FUT clinics.  FUT is unpredictable and you never know how bad your fut scar will be....i would avoid FUT in any way.

Edited by Gramatik

• Valued Contributor
6 hours ago, iCaptainCandy said:

I'm not looking to trash them, as they have been okay in communication the last few days. But honestly, they aren't mentioned on this forum or reddit or anything. Found them through a colleague. They are not popular by any means. Which is also part of why I'm reconsidering, just don't have enough info to go off of (in addition to the recent hiccups).

Just to be clear, the clinic you chose to go to in Turkey have been stealing people's money (maybe as a result of a rogue employee), and you won't name them? This forum aids patients/prospective patients through transparency in an industry that is very much the wild west when it comes to service, quality controls and so on. The decent thing to do would be to name the clinic, especially as you're seeking advice in return. Naming the clinic wouldn't be "trashing" them by any means.

Pittella is a top surgeon and you'd be a thousand times better off with him than pretty much anything you'd find in Turkey. I'd recommend spending time on the forum getting the lay of the land and finding patient journeys with similar hair loss to yours, learning about best practice and which surgeons you'll eventually want to consult with. You've dodged a bullet by not going to Turkey.

Can only echo what the above say. Pittella in your case would be my number 1 choice. (Zarev too but his waiting times are insane now). FUE is obviously far less invasive and your hair loss pattern now seems close to what the base will be. The yields that guy is getting from mega sessions is phenomenal and pushing the boundaries of what can be done in one sitting

I’d row back against the ‘I’d never consider FUT’ comments too though. If done right FUT is still a viable method. Hattingen as a previous post points out are one of the masters. There’s only a handful of FUT surgeons I’d consider but they’d be one. They have a ton of experience and cases online similar to your own for review.

Good Luck 

5 hours ago, jjalay said:

I have never said anything about fue, i ve said that he is a NW 6 and by higher Nordwoods the gold standard for a procedure is the fut if someone doesnt mind having a scar. There is nothing wrong to that. 95% of the clinics in Turkey are hairmills, so you need to do a very good research to find these clinics that will do the harvesting right and spaced correctly, otherwise you will end up with a destroyed donor and doll looking hair that cant be fixed. You will find many examples of people that went to turkey with this kind of results in this forum too and you would be hard pressed to see any hair left on the donor or the recipient area.

I bad fut scar as you say can be repaired via fue, a competely destroyed donor area after fue is really hard to repair.

I ve said to OP that Pitella is a great choice for such higher NW cases if he decides for an fue procedure, Hattingen hair and hasson and wong are also great choices for fut megassesions. But i would never reccomend him to go to turkey to have an fue with 6000 grafts in one day to an unknown hairmill simply to get his head f§cked up.

You had your surgery with dr. Gur and he is great choice in turkey but how do you say that you had a great result from turkey 2-3 weeks after suregry? This doesnt make any sense.

I agree with going to an unknown clinic is a bad idea. But yes 6000 in one day is insane and should not be done. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, iCaptainCandy said:

Thanks! I sent my photos, so I'll see what they say. May I ask who else you recommend for higher Norwoods?

Eugenix and Dr. Zarev are the other two clinics that specialize in high Norwood cases.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@iCaptainCandy, at HDC we also specializes with NW6 cases, the clinic also offer big FUE sessions of 5000-6000+ grafts in a single session of 3 days of surgery, however a candidate should be diagnosed before such a sessions.

I believe you can get at least 4000+ minimum from your scalp in 1st FUE, beard 700-1000, without overharvesting.

To cover your whole scalp you'll need around 6000-6500 grafts.

To get better estimation you'll need to show more photos and videos of your case.

The clinic based in the Greek side of Cyprus, of you interested in consultation you're welcome to contact my WhatsApp.

Our price range is between 2.2-2.4€.

You can find many reviews and videos of high NW cases by our MDs, Dr. Maras and Dr. Christina

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

12 hours ago, Gramatik said:

For me FUT is a bad choice and many clinics have been able to extract large number of hairs from donor with FUE only. See Zarev and Dr Pittella. They are able to harvest 10.000-12.000 grafts only from donor with homogenization of the donor and without even using beard grafts.
So FUT doenst give you more grafts, thats a myth from FUT clinics.  FUT is unpredictable and you never know how bad your fut scar will be....i would avoid FUT in any way.

As in life in general it is smart to be open minded, maybe it is not just one answer to a problem. It is always easier to be certain if your knowledge is limited. The most important is to choose a good and ethical doctor, the method is secondary.